Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:33:50 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772945
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 379
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 365
Total: 367

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Daniel2012 ; adherence, changing dosing time  (Read 3171 times)

Offline Daniel2012

Daniel2012 ; adherence, changing dosing time
« on: May 27, 2019, 08:49:13 am »
Hi all
Been long since I've logged on. Hope everyone is doing welll. 15 months since dx. lets forget the numbers/result for a change, I just want to tell everyone that m feeling great and I guess that is what should matter to all.
Just one query, I want to change my daily popping time from dinner time to breakfast. How do I do it? Kindly advice

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Threads: @jim16309
    • Social Media: Threads
Re: Daniel2012 ; adherence, changing dosing time
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2019, 01:39:46 pm »
Hiya,

Glad to hear you are doing well.  :)

Personally I've switched the times of day I take my meds a few times over the years, for the past year i've been on the morning routine.  My ID Consultant does not care as long as I take my pill it once a day, i'm on Triumeq.

Long story short if tomorrow I decided I was going to start talking my meds in the evening again, I would simply take today's dose as normal and, tomorrow in the evening or vice versa.

Talk to your doctor though.

Best, Jim

HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline happy74

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2019, 12:14:58 am »
Yes, Triumeq is excellent!!

09-13-18 Diagnosed HIV +, Syphilis titre 1:64
09-20,27-18 Treatment of Syphilis completed
09-28-18 CD4:329(11.75%), VL: 640000
10-16-18 Start on Triumeq
10-25-18 Syphilis titre 1:32
12-04-18 CD4:411 by PIMA test
12-27-18 Syphilis titre 1:4
01-23-19 CD4:465(19.38%), VL:48, Syphilis:Reactive, no more titre

Offline harleymc

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2019, 05:19:48 am »
When I was on my first combination I had to dose six times per day

I've had to dose with food, and without...

Don't overthink it. Just make the change.

Offline Daniel2012

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2019, 07:34:49 am »
Thanks to all for your prompt and reassuring advices

Offline Mindless

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2019, 09:51:23 am »
Hiya,

Glad to hear you are doing well.  :)

Personally I've switched the times of day I take my meds a few times over the years, for the past year i've been on the morning routine.  My ID Consultant does not care as long as I take my pill it once a day, i'm on Triumeq.

Long story short if tomorrow I decided I was going to start talking my meds in the evening again, I would simply take today's dose as normal and, tomorrow in the evening or vice versa.

Talk to your doctor though.

Best, Jim

Sorry to come back on this but after a few years into ART I’m still confused about this issue. You say if you decided to swap from morning to evening starting tomorrow you would take your dose in the morning today and the next in the evening tomorrow... ok but isn’t that too long between 2 doses (let’s say 36 hours)?

What I was thinking is to take the dose today I’m the morning and tomorrow take both in the morning and evening to avoid too much time in between. What would be the downside, over dosing?

Sorry to bother you but, As I said, I’m still learning after years into this.

Thanks
Dx Feb. 2018, CD 320, %14

- Atripla Feb/18 -->
- Complera (generic) 2019 -->
- Dovato (generic) 2021 -->

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2019, 10:57:45 am »
ok but isn’t that too long between 2 doses (let’s say 36 hours)
not that I am suggesting that anyone skip meds, but the studies about the meds are based on a viral load <200 (not necessarily "undetectable") and at least 95% adherence. Theoretically that means you could skip a pill a month (or 9 random days in a year) and if your VL is <200 your treatment would be deemed "successful". Of course however, optimal treatment is having an undetectable VL which most often happens by 100% adherence.

resistance is caused by, quite franking, taking meds half-assed. Take a pill, skip a day, remember a couple more days, but skip 2 or 3 days after that - now that's a bonafide way to screw up a regimen. When the med level isn't quite enough to stop all the HIV that your meds were stopping, HIV starts to mutate and stops responding to a med or a class of meds

extending the time, or even skipping a day, to change your daily med-taking time won't cause resistance. However once you're in the habit of taking a daily med, why skip that day? just change the timing and go on with your life. ;) :D
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Threads: @jim16309
    • Social Media: Threads
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2019, 01:28:54 pm »
Nothing to add to what Leatherman outlined in his reply.

Except to this:
Sorry to bother you

Its your forum so to speak, ask as many questions or as few as you need/want  ;)

Unless you are a "Am I poster" worrying about a toilet seat or one of the rare fakers, its not bothersome. 

HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Mindless

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2019, 11:12:57 pm »
Thanks to both Leatherman and Jim! Now I’m clear.

Oh... you have no idea what I’d be willing to give away just to be a faker...

Thanks again
« Last Edit: May 31, 2019, 11:22:17 pm by Mindless »

- Atripla Feb/18 -->

Offline Mindless

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2019, 11:19:43 pm »
... still... just out of curiosity, what would be the disadvantage in doing what I propose? I mean, taking 2 doses in less than 24 hours to avoid any gap.

Sorry but you allowed me to ask as many questions I want  ;D ;D

Hope this may be useful to somebody else too

- Atripla Feb/18 -->

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2019, 06:29:34 am »
to avoid any gap.
1) there is no "gap" so the logic behind you question is faulty. ;) If missing a whole dose or two a month doesn't have any effect then a few hours certainly isn't going to make you fall below 95% adherence.

2) an "overdose" of ARVs isn't going to stop any extra HIV or anything (so there's no up side) but it might make you feel nauseous, tired, headachy (which is the downside). Or nothing could happen (which is the most likely option).
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline Mindless

« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2019, 10:30:38 pm »
1) there is no "gap" so the logic behind you question is faulty. ;) If missing a whole dose or two a month doesn't have any effect then a few hours certainly isn't going to make you fall below 95% adherence.

2) an "overdose" of ARVs isn't going to stop any extra HIV or anything (so there's no up side) but it might make you feel nauseous, tired, headachy (which is the downside). Or nothing could happen (which is the most likely option).

Thanks again 👍

- Atripla Feb/18 -->

Offline fabio

« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2019, 12:32:43 pm »
I did this as well,but in a shorter scale to an hour later.
It doesn't seem to have any issues,as the other guys said it's a matter of taking them every day. Do tell your doc about it though.
Also,I don't know why i was freaking out about it then,changing the med time seemed scary haha.

Offline Mindless

« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2019, 09:36:45 pm »
I did this as well,but in a shorter scale to an hour later.
It doesn't seem to have any issues,as the other guys said it's a matter of taking them every day. Do tell your doc about it though.
Also,I don't know why i was freaking out about it then,changing the med time seemed scary haha.

Hi Fabio, I (try) to take my pills within a +/-2 hours window. I managed to take them exactly at the same time every day only for the first couple of months after starting, also because my first dr run heavy terrorism on me.
Then I changed dr and meds and discussed with him about timing. He came up with the +/- 2h window (with possibility of some exception from time to time).

Here I was asking about longer “gaps” as I call them. Leatherman clarified what matters is the overall 95% adherence threshold: even if you completely skipped 1 pill from time to time (within 95% adherence) you still would be fine, according to science.

Of course the higher the adherence the safer I guess but no need to over-stress yourself if you’re within the recommended %. If you need to change time you can do it without risks.

Hugs

- Atripla Feb/18 -->

Offline fabio

« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2019, 11:23:14 pm »
Yes,it seems so with today's meds.
My Dr doesn't really terrorise me,he just told me to take them once a day with food and a specific time. Since I never took meds in my life,I had to adjust to that,probably that's why I freaked out. Thankfully all is good now and taking meds is like a routine that isn't an emotional one haha.
I'm really glad though that the people in here have helped me a lot with these things haha. So thanks to you and everyone I don't have to get anxiety about that stuff anymore haha.

Offline Mindless

« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2019, 11:10:43 am »
I'm really glad though that the people in here have helped me a lot with these things haha. So thanks to you and everyone I don't have to get anxiety about that stuff anymore haha.

So do I. Thanks to you too!

- Atripla Feb/18 -->

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.