Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 12:03:06 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772783
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 233
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 227
Total: 227

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Me So Bored .......HA!  (Read 88626 times)

Offline Habersham

Me So Bored .......HA!
« on: July 29, 2013, 06:45:12 pm »
There are no random/fabulous/tweets/posts.  This is my random post to say the off topic forum has lost it's mojo.  Are all the random/fabulous posters lurking due to a warning? Will they return? Are they traveling to AMG? Are they moving? Are they glad they did/did not apologize? I'm away for 11 hours and all the new posts relate to pets or Spanish songs/travel plans. Do I need to renew my gym membership/Hulu plus subscription?  This is very text heavy and unlike me. I did not receive as many vines as I was hoping for. Shall I take down my Carlos Danger avatar? Does this reek of desperation? Will 80 people read this and no one reply?
Because I Can

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
Re: Me So Bored .......HA!
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2013, 07:08:11 pm »
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline Habersham

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2013, 07:13:43 pm »
You're still shopping at International Male??????
So many armless torsos
Because I Can

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2013, 07:38:11 pm »

Has anyone seen the movie The Man From Nowhere?
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 07:40:35 pm by skeebo1969 »
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline joemutt

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2013, 09:13:52 pm »

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. Relentlessly gay.

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2013, 12:25:36 am »
Love that song.
my randy and I were the original PSB LOL
we opened our pet shop in 1985, a year before "Please"

I love their new album "Electric" - but then I've loved everything they ever put out so I guess I'm really no judge of the PSB. LOL  However, I take that back. I wasn't very fond of "Elysium". Although it had a few moments, it was just too slow and definitely not "Behavior"
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2013, 01:36:57 am »
I watched Cat on a Hot Tin Roof last night. Poor Brick and Maggie, both so beautiful  and unfulfilled.... em which boils down to being "unfilled"  :o

What struck me this viewing was how much Big Daddy (in the film version at least) loves Brick, and Brick is a whining prick claiming Big Daddy never loved him..

But, you just gotta go with the historic moment... 

Tonight I'm going to watch Baby Doll (1956) another steamy flick based on a Tennessee Williams play.

“The revolting theme of this picture, Baby Doll, and the brazen advertising promoting it constitute a contemptuous defiance of the natural law, the observance of which has been the source of strength in our national life” Cardinal Francis Spellman of New York

In August I get to watch some of my favorite summer movies, that seem best on hot August nights, like: A Place in the Sun, A Summer Place, Bonjour Tristesse, Boom, Sunset Boulevard, Cabin in the Sky etc.
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline Habersham

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2013, 02:51:27 pm »
Armless torsos - no neck Monsters.....I get it.....Elizabeth was so ethereal and so was Montgomery Clift. Talk about summer movies - how about "Suddenly Last Summer"...lobotomies and cannibalism - you can't beat that for a combo!

People's lives are but trails of debris

Me Not So Bored!
Because I Can

Offline mecch

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2013, 04:05:04 pm »
But KathArine Hepburn is in it and I hate most of her performances.  Taylor is twisted fun in that film, I'll give you that! Clift is rather monstrous, post-accident. He sounds like Peter Lorre, or Quasimodo.

"I was procuring for him..."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzO9iXny8ME
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 04:09:30 pm by mecch »
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline mecch

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2013, 04:30:56 pm »
If I remember correctly, Miss P recommends the Daryl Hannah Peter Gallagher "Summer Lovers" 1982.  It is pretty amazing.
This Motels song came out in 1983. The video has kind of the same look.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9Ox-lGm-wA
Tennessee Williams died the month the Motels went into the studio to record this album.

Offline GSOgymrat

« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2013, 11:08:51 am »
I love their new album "Electric" - but then I've loved everything they ever put out so I guess I'm really no judge of the PSB. LOL  However, I take that back. I wasn't very fond of "Elysium". Although it had a few moments, it was just too slow and definitely not "Behavior"

I too am enjoying "Electric". "Vocal (JRMX Club Mix)" is my current favorite song for trail jogging.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCOW89PUkb4

Offline Habersham

« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2013, 01:07:25 pm »

I'll give you Electric!

Because I Can

Offline Habersham

« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2013, 05:44:11 pm »
There are no random/fabulous/tweets/posts.  This is my random post to say the off topic forum has lost it's mojo.  Are all the random/fabulous posters lurking due to a warning? Will they return? Are they enjoying AMG?

I saw Hellraiser lurking here today but he still hasn't responded to say if that is his butt in the photograph in the men's room.

I realized later that the photograph above does not depict Susan Hayward in the Electric Chair. She is in the gas chamber.

I hope it is not gas emitted by someone who is a Vegan!  God those farts stink. Ask Chelsea Handler......
Because I Can

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2013, 01:53:58 am »
Here's something random---  Why do some states use yellow traffic lights, while others use black?  Indiana uses yellow, while Kentucky uses black.  I would guess you would notice yellow more, so you would be less likely to run a traffic light, because you didn't even notice it was there.  But, I could see where you'd be more likely to notice the light colors in a black traffic light. 

I think I like yellow better.  I always wanted one, after seeing Ricky Schroder's on "Silver Spoons." 

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2013, 05:11:35 am »
Here's something random---  Why do some states use yellow traffic lights, while others use black?  Indiana uses yellow, while Kentucky uses black.  I would guess you would notice yellow more, so you would be less likely to run a traffic light, because you didn't even notice it was there.  But, I could see where you'd be more likely to notice the light colors in a black traffic light. 

I think I like yellow better.  I always wanted one, after seeing Ricky Schroder's on "Silver Spoons." 

I met my ex-husband, a Brit, in Ohio (way back in '84). British traffic lights are usually on the side of the road, rather than suspended in the middle of intersections. He constantly ran red or amber lights (due to expecting the lights to be on the side) and it got to the point where I refused to not be the one driving when we were going somewhere together. Too many close calls for my liking! I used to hate it when he was late getting home - it was too easy to imagine that his traffic-light-blindness got him into an accident.

He was just finally getting used to looking for the lights in the middle of intersections when we moved across the pond. Thankfully, there aren't many traffic lights on the Rock so it wasn't the big problem it was in the States. There's not even a single one in the town I live in, they're mostly in the capitol.

Hell, we only got our first round-about around ten years ago! The joys of semi-rural living....

Oh and Ted, our traffic lights (on the side of the road) are yellow. I can't recall for sure what they were in the two States I lived in, Ohio and New York, but I think they were also yellow.
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2013, 05:16:56 am »

There are no random/fabulous/tweets/posts.  This is my random post to say the off topic forum has lost it's mojo.  Are all the random/fabulous posters lurking due to a warning? Will they return? Are they enjoying AMG?

No one is currently on a warning. Warnings are actually fairly rare around here - I'm not sure how you got the idea that we're constantly warning people. At least that's the feeling I get from some of your posts (that you think we're constantly warning people). I can give you a "watched" sticker for a few days if you're feeling left out. ;D ;)

Maybe folks are just out enjoying the summer in the real world? Dunno.

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline intaglio

• Doesn't have to pay for vowels
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2013, 06:38:31 am »
In a class in high school we watched Raintree County with Elizabeth Taylor and Montgomery Clift. Our teacher went on and on about how she was deeply in love with him and he broke her heart when he told her he liked men. Our teacher was male, but I think he liked men, too. I don't know if either of those things are true, just something to add.

FWIW, I always wondered if the ruins of her character's plantation was a real site or movie back-lot. The shot of the overgrown formal garden with the urn at its center intrigued me. If it was movie back-lot, someone went to a lot of work for a 10-second wide-shot of the overgrowth.
Reality is frequently inaccurate.

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2013, 10:04:35 am »
I met my ex-husband, a Brit, in Ohio (way back in '84). British traffic lights are usually on the side of the road, rather than suspended in the middle of intersections. He constantly ran red or amber lights (due to expecting the lights to be on the side) and it got to the point where I refused to not be the one driving when we were going somewhere together. Too many close calls for my liking! I used to hate it when he was late getting home - it was too easy to imagine that his traffic-light-blindness got him into an accident.

He was just finally getting used to looking for the lights in the middle of intersections when we moved across the pond. Thankfully, there aren't many traffic lights on the Rock so it wasn't the big problem it was in the States. There's not even a single one in the town I live in, they're mostly in the capitol.

Hell, we only got our first round-about around ten years ago! The joys of semi-rural living....

Oh and Ted, our traffic lights (on the side of the road) are yellow. I can't recall for sure what they were in the two States I lived in, Ohio and New York, but I think they were also yellow.

When I was on my road trip with Jan and Jen they expressed how disconcerting it was for them some time when we were driving and I would suddenly slow down and stop at an intersection . They too are used to stop lights on the side of the motor and it was throwing them into confusion wondering why I felt the need to suddenly stop in the roadway .

I also have this thing in my bag of tricks where I close my eye on the passenger side and kind of let my mouth hang open and head wobble just a little bit . That never fails to get a reaction .   
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline mecch

« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2013, 12:23:22 pm »
Our teacher went on and on about how she was deeply in love with him and he broke her heart when he told her he liked men. Our teacher was male, but I think he liked men, too.
Ya think?   ::) ::) ::) 

In 2000 I taught a class in a Swiss boarding school which included several of the first wave of rich Chinese students in Switzerland. We read and watched The Talented Mr. Ripley.  (Damon, Law AND Paltrow were so young and beautiful!)  Suddenly they erupted into a passionate debate about whether Ripley is gay or not.  The Euros were completely blaisé but I guess it was the first time the Chinese felt free to discuss such things in school.

I usually hold back giving my opinions about people, politicians, actors, artists, etc, and about fictional characters, because its better for them to hash it out with each other.

I remember when I was in 5th or 6th grade in the early 70's, we were watching some sort of science film about the evolution of the human body, or something, and there was a sexy muscle guy and I asked the teacher - "do men still have bodies like that?"  because i hadn't really seen any around. Rather, I guess my testosterone was just kicking in and it was the first time I really noticed!  She smiled and winked and said "Of course they do!"

« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 12:29:09 pm by mecch »

Offline mecch

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2013, 11:33:16 pm »

That would take getting use to-- traffic lights on the side, while driving from our passenger seat, and driving on the wrong side of the road.  I mean opposite side.   ;)

I have it on my bucket list to drive a car in the U.K.  Pretty boring, huh?  I'm trying to remember what other countries have the driver's seat on our passenger side, and also drive opposite side of street from us.  Every once in a blue moon, you'll see a right-side steering wheel on a car here.  You see it everyday in the post office jeeps.

Here is something random-- I've noticed here in the states, we tend to walk airports, sidewalks, grocery store aisles, etc, as if we were driving.  We walk on the right side.   Do folks in the U.K. do the opposite? 

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2013, 07:46:48 am »

Here is something random-- I've noticed here in the states, we tend to walk airports, sidewalks, grocery store aisles, etc, as if we were driving.  We walk on the right side.   Do folks in the U.K. do the opposite? 

Yes, we do.

The first time I drove in the UK - in a car made for the UK - I was surprised at how natural it was to drive on the left-hand side. It felt right correct to drive on the other side when you're sitting on the other side.

BUT - when we moved to the Rock, we shipped our American car over because at the time, we couldn't have bought a second-hand car in the same condition (it was pretty new) for less than or equal to the price of having it shipped.

Now that was interesting - driving on the left in an American car. It was next to impossible to overtake unless you had a passenger with you who could tell you what was ahead. And intersections could be really confusing.

For years I would go to the wrong side of a car - getting in the drivers side when I was going to be a passenger and visca-versa when driving. I lost count of the times when I was alone and got into the passenger side and wondered where the steering wheel went.  ::)

I haven't had a car in about fifteen years now and I've finally got it down and always go for the passenger side. You really can teach an old dog new tricks! ;D

I also have this thing in my bag of tricks where I close my eye on the passenger side and kind of let my mouth hang open and head wobble just a little bit . That never fails to get a reaction . 

You're an awful man. I bet you drool when you do that too.

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Habersham

Because I Can

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2013, 07:49:08 pm »

You're an awful man. I bet you drool when you do that too.

Well he drools all the time.
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2013, 02:33:45 am »
Here is a random question.  If a human is decapitated, how long (if at all) does the brain still function?  Before someone thinks I am up to no good, I ask, after a news station posted this video of a decapitated snake biting its own body.  Many were dumbfounded why a news station would post such a thing.  While I am sure it was for the shock value, I suppose it is a lesson that a very venomous snake can still bite you, after you chop it up.  I suppose the snake's brain wasn't really functioning, and this was just an automatic response, from nerves still alive? 

As you can imagine, this is not for the squeamish.  While they don't show the head being decapitated, it can still be gruesome to some.  Fair warning.  While I'm sure I am also engaging in shock value, I think it is biologically interesting.  I just hope it was killed to prevent a bite on someone's property, and not just killed out in the woods, where it could have just been avoided.

http://youtu.be/7C8UqgVK4EI

Offline Habersham

« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2013, 05:30:53 am »
This thread is all about shocking the squeamish. No?
Because I Can

Offline Theyer

• Current ambition. Walk the Dog .
« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2013, 06:16:21 am »

You have round - abouts  !
"If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people ."  Tony Benn

Offline Theyer

• Current ambition. Walk the Dog .
« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2013, 06:18:54 am »
Here is a random question.  If a human is decapitated, how long (if at all) does the brain still function?  Before someone thinks I am up to no good, I ask, after a news station posted this video of a decapitated snake biting its own body.  Many were dumbfounded why a news station would post such a thing.  While I am sure it was for the shock value, I suppose it is a lesson that a very venomous snake can still bite you, after you chop it up.  I suppose the snake's brain wasn't really functioning, and this was just an automatic response, from nerves still alive? 

As you can imagine, this is not for the squeamish.  While they don't show the head being decapitated, it can still be gruesome to some.  Fair warning.  While I'm sure I am also engaging in shock value, I think it is biologically interesting.  I just hope it was killed to prevent a bite on someone's property, and not just killed out in the woods, where it could have just been avoided.

http://youtu.be/7C8UqgVK4EI
Check the aftermath off the French revolution.
"If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people ."  Tony Benn

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2013, 07:07:37 am »
You have round - abouts  !

LOL yep! We have two new ones in my town. They're both on a main road at the outskirts of town where two new housing estates are being built. They're ridiculously huge for the area and the traffic, even when taking the new houses into consideration.

The only other round-about in town is a teeny-tiny one that's just a circle painted on the road. It replaced a stop-sign that everyone ignored. Now everyone ignores the circle instead. ;D

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline mecch

« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2013, 08:12:48 am »
People kill cottonmouths and copperheads on their property. Sometimes its feasible to call Animal Control, sometimes that is not an option, for various reasons. I had cousins who routinely decapitated cottonmouths but only on their property -- nobody was going into the woods searching.
Upstate we had copperheads but they were rare. In my youth only saw two in the woods around the quarries.  Twice in 15 years copperheads came into the neighbourhood, and were removed by animal control.
If I lived in the South by water with cottonmouths coming up near the house, and I had kids, Id move.  If I couldn't move, I'd decapitate any cottonmouth, sorry to say.

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2013, 09:43:35 am »
If you let a snake go on its way there is a high probability you will never see that snake again ... so why kill it ? . Killing a snake only makes you feel safer but the true result is the senseless death of a reptile that plays an important role in the ecosystem .   
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline mecch

« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2013, 04:29:14 pm »

Offline Habersham

« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2013, 04:45:48 pm »
I once read a novel where a man feeds his grandmother to a snake.

Perhaps a Dean Koontz book?
Because I Can

Offline mecch

« Reply #34 on: August 15, 2013, 04:54:01 pm »

Offline mecch

« Reply #35 on: August 15, 2013, 04:57:56 pm »
15 million views, wow!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkVzQ1dJ7I8

the fun starts about 2:45   ::) ::) ::)

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2013, 07:37:07 pm »
Perhaps a Dean Koontz book?
By the pool, I just finished a Koontz book yesterday - Odd Apocalypse. I've really like the Odd Thomas series.

Sadly, on one hand, I think I'm attracted to the books by Oddie's loss of Stormy. I believed I was destined to be with my two partners forever, so I'm looking to see how Odd reconciles not being together with Stormy (Stupid Gypsy Mummy! LOL) until they are both dead. The character Odd Thomas has quite often told us in these books that these stories wouldn't be published until after he was dead; so I'm expecting Koontz to eventually write about Odd's death - and maybe the reunion with Stormy.

I'm okay with stories, movies and videos where couple reunite after death; but it pisses me off anytime someone gets to see their dead partner come back to life or reappear as a spirit (like in that damned movie Ghost)

oh and Chekov, the new Chekov in the Abrams reboot of trek, plays odd thomas, in a movie that hasn't been released because of studio issues (sorta like what happened with ""i love you phillip morris")
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ybBq5AETyU
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline Habersham

« Reply #37 on: August 15, 2013, 07:56:00 pm »
I can not be tempted to click on any links where there is live action of a python eating a puppy, small pig or monkey. I saw those links when I was searching too.

I forgot about the Odd Thomas books. He lives in like Albuquerque or somewhere and travels in tunnels? His landlord is like Elvis's love child or something?

I regret that fact that I didn't realize Dean Koontz strikes a lot of chords. I think he put out some really bad ones early on and I happened to pick one of those up first. Maybe I'll put my name in at the library for the new one and some old ones....

I did like "The Time Traveler's Wife" but she meets her husband after he is dead because he visits. I heard the movie was not the same quality.
Because I Can

Offline mecch

« Reply #38 on: August 15, 2013, 09:03:17 pm »
Ah, well my links were FRIENDLY.  One is to Kar in Disney's Jungle Book. The other (15 million) is to the fabulous Debra Paget dancing with a cobra in one of Fritz Lang's indian epics...

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #39 on: August 15, 2013, 11:32:30 pm »
I forgot about the Odd Thomas books. He lives in like Albuquerque or somewhere and travels in tunnels? His landlord is like Elvis's love child or something?
Pico Mundo, New Mexico, where he's a fry cook - that sees dead people, and is psychically attached to dangerous super-natural-y sort of things.

I regret that fact that I didn't realize Dean Koontz strikes a lot of chords. I think he put out some really bad ones early on and I happened to pick one of those up first. Maybe I'll put my name in at the library for the new one and some old ones....
some of them are horrible, some are wonderful. but i've read them all

I come from a family of readers and it's nothing to rip through 4-7 books a week. At that rate, I usually read through all the newest fiction AND non-fiction each month, while going through numerous mystery and sci-fi writers who have series and series of books.

I did like "The Time Traveler's Wife" but she meets her husband after he is dead because he visits. I heard the movie was not the same quality.
that's one of my MOST favorite books. (I've read it just a couple more times than the half dozen times I read Bob Smith's "Selfish and Perverse" ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Smith_(comedian) ). I've cried every time I've read Time Traveler's Wife. Henry's last couple of time-jumps and leaving Clare just kills me. And the movie was just as bad! I mean good. The movie was just as good as the book at making me cry and that was bad. LOL

of course, the trek connection with this is that Eric Bana (aka  out-of-time Henry in TTTW) plays Nero (the out-of-time Romulan) in 2009's Trek, the first movie of Abrahm's reboot.

this trek connection game is better than 6 degrees of bacon LOL
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline GSOgymrat

« Reply #40 on: August 16, 2013, 03:40:14 am »
What do you get when you cross Madonna circa 1983 and Borat... Igor Dewe!

NSFW

http://youtu.be/xLt1ZUpl4Qc

Offline Habersham

« Reply #41 on: August 16, 2013, 07:32:40 am »
I love the way they updated the look with Chuck's

I wasn't going to say anything but HB MDNA

SSHHHHHHHHHHHH!
Because I Can

Offline Habersham

« Reply #42 on: August 16, 2013, 07:37:00 am »
Ah, well my links were FRIENDLY.  One is to Kar in Disney's Jungle Book. The other (15 million) is to the fabulous Debra Paget dancing with a cobra in one of Fritz Lang's indian epics...

Reaction shots in those days told the whole story. Snakes still give me a shudder. It's instinctual. Baby cats know to hide from snakes before anyone teaches them.  I shudder to think what that link about the elephant is about

I know someone with wallpaper in their powder room just like her sari. I've always rather liked it......
Because I Can

Offline mecch

« Reply #43 on: August 16, 2013, 07:37:44 am »
Wow hipster French Touch!  What's not to love?  Check his amusing Tumblr page.
http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/igor-dewe

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #44 on: August 16, 2013, 11:18:30 pm »
I've cried every time I've read Time Traveler's Wife. Henry's last couple of time-jumps and leaving Clare just kills me. And the movie was just as bad! I mean good. The movie was just as good as the book at making me cry and that was bad. LOL
have I ever mentioned there are some movies I just can't pass up. Even though they're filled with commercials anymore, when they play on TV, I get trapped into them - Grease, Little Shop of Horrors, Independence Day, Time Travelers Wife, Armageddon etc

well Time Traveler's wife is on now. He has shown up shot, and she wants a baby. But there's Alba! Now she's with old Henry but doing it with young Henry. It's still about 30 minutes before I end up crying.
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline mecch

« Reply #45 on: August 17, 2013, 06:26:47 am »
I cry when I watch movies on airplanes.  Even bad or schmaltzy and cheaply tear-jerking ones. 
At home I cry rarely to films.
At the cinema, sometimes.
Two films that always make me cry are The Fifth Element and Howards End. 
Its beautiful/sad when Leeloo is dying and needs love to save the world.  (It helps that the film is gorgeous, as are Jovovich and yes even Willis in this film).  What happens next is crudely old fashioned shlock movie symbolism but also incredibly effective and moving and I start balling.
In Howards End, the whole subplot of the seduction and destruction of Leonard Bast is a great theme in literature and its so gorgeously rendered cinematically, I cry for the character in most of his situations because he's beautiful and he's in over his head.  His character calls up all the emotions I attached to all these characters in all those books read over so many years...
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 06:29:54 am by mecch »

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #46 on: August 17, 2013, 12:03:12 pm »
The Fifth Element is a brilliant film. It knows exactly what it is and the actors know exactly what they are doing.  It pushes all the right buttons at the right times.

Offline GSOgymrat

« Reply #47 on: August 17, 2013, 12:10:31 pm »
It's nice to hear I'm not the only one who loved The Fifth Element, very entertaining. Ruby Rhod cracks me up. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DK8ednS0skQ

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #48 on: August 17, 2013, 01:21:47 pm »
It's nice to hear I'm not the only one who loved The Fifth Element, very entertaining. Ruby Rhod cracks me up. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DK8ednS0skQ

For a long time after watching that movie I refused to believe that Chris Tucker could be straight.

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #49 on: August 17, 2013, 01:32:40 pm »
For a long time after watching that movie I refused to believe that Chris Tucker could be straight.

True .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.