Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 03:36:50 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773218
  • Total Topics: 66338
  • Online Today: 716
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 634
Total: 635

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Nevous about risk...  (Read 7039 times)

Offline lakerlifeforme

Nevous about risk...
« on: August 07, 2009, 02:49:45 pm »
here is my question, i am a gay male mostly a top but have bottomed on maybe 4 occasions...all safe, no issues with condom breakage, however with these encounters usually mutual oral and receptive rimming occur. I have never swallowed and have only taken one load from a guy in my mouth which i spit out, I see from nearly all worried posts oral sex is deemed pretty low risk, however in thinking over the time since my last testing I am concerned that i may have had syphilis in my mouth, not an open sore or anything but that slight whitish film, but then again sometimes I smoke cigs and such so perhaps something from that or really anything that can go on in your mouth, but my worry is what if a bit of precum or jizz in my mouth would have raised the risk of oral transmission, given the statistics of very little occurrence in oral sex i would assume it takes into consideration that many people may have something going on in their mouth. I searched the forums and didn't really find anything specif to this so your input would be greatly appreciated. This is site is wonderful and it is a bit reassuring to see people that are thinking the same was as me, sometimes too much thinking. I would appreciate if a admin or site person respond. No offens. Thanks much.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
Re: Nevous about risk...
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2009, 03:08:58 pm »
Laker,

A white film in the mouth isn't a symptom of syphilis. If you think you've been exposed to syphilis, you need to go have a blood test done. Syphilis shows itself in painless sores, which can go unnoticed because they don't hurt. Syphilis MUST be treated. Tertiary syphilis causes dementia, amongst other things.

Unless your oral health is extremely poor, you are worrying over nothing where hiv is concerned.

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL sexually transmitted infections together. To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with an STI. Sex without a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through all three condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

Anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results. Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline lakerlifeforme

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2009, 03:30:34 pm »
Thanks Ann, but if I were to have had a syphilis spot in my mouth would not taking a load be a lower risk. thanks.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2009, 03:42:02 pm »
laker,

Yes, a pre-existing STI in the mouth would make for more of a risk orally. BUT - as I said before, a white film is NOT a symptom of syphilis. EVERYONE gets a white film in their mouth occasionally, especially smokers.

If you think you have an STI in your mouth/throat (you can also get gonorrhea and chlamydia orally) then get checked out.

From what you've written, I really do not think you need to worry about hiv. However, if you're not getting a complete, routine sexual health care check up at least once a year, it's time you did, as I indicated above. If you're into oral, then you should always have them swab your throat for STIs while you're at it. STIs like gonorrhea and chlamydia (as well as syphilis) can be present with no apparent symptoms. And by the way, you don't necessarily have to take a load in your mouth to get something like oral gonorrhea. Just having an infected penis in your mouth can do it - especially if you're deep-throating. The bacterial STIs are MUCH more easy to transmit than hiv.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline lakerlifeforme

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2009, 03:48:29 pm »
Thanks Ann, I guess my question which I haven't really made clear is when you say oral sex is low risk, and showing very little proof of actual transmission from oral does that include or exclude those that may have have had and STI in there mouth. Or is the number low period. I am sorry for running this around but everything I read says oral is low risk and there have been very very few transmission stories of oral transmitted HIV, is that only for people with zero occurrence of STI in there mouth. Thanks...I know I might be over asking but once I get this in my head I will know it moving forward, and again I cannot be more appreciative.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2009, 04:08:08 pm »
Laker,

The incidence is low overall. There have been people who claim to have been infected due to giving blowjobs, but these cases never hold up under scientific scrutiny.

There have been long-term studies of couples where one is positive and one is negative. In the couples who used condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, but no barrier for oral activities, not one of the negative partners became infected with hiv. Not one.

If you have gaping wounds in your mouth, it's better to give sucking a miss. Otherwise, if you have normal oral health, then you're worrying over nothing. Not only does saliva contain over a dozen different proteins and enzymes that damage hiv and render it unable to infect, but the very few, very specific types of cells that hiv can latch onto and infect are NOT found in abundance in the mouth.

If you cannot let this go, test and collect your negative result.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline lakerlifeforme

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2009, 04:22:21 pm »
Thanks ANN. That answered exactly what I meant to ask off the bat. Thanks for the response. ::::::)

Offline lakerlifeforme

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2009, 01:11:08 pm »
Getting ready to head to my test on Wednesday, while think over every encounter I have had since my last test, I remember one occasion where I was making out with this guy and he got a nosebleed. It was only on my face not too much just a bit, I washed it off right away, he assured me of this status, and I went about my day...not thinking about it until the other day. What would be your stance on this situation. Thanks again.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2009, 04:43:50 pm »
Laker,

Again, another NO RISK incident.

Test all you want, unless  you've been having UNPROTECTED anal or vaginal intercourse you've not told us about, then your hiv test results are not going to be anything other than negative.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline lakerlifeforme

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2009, 04:49:19 pm »
Thanks Ann. You offer a tremendous service here, and your patience with each, usually over asked question is greatly appreciated. Nope no unprotected sex. Just nervous about those two things. Thank you again.

Offline lakerlifeforme

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2009, 10:06:43 am »
Ann, went for my testing last night. Negative. Thank you so much for your help:) I made a donation to the clinic for their help.  ;)

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2009, 10:46:44 am »
A negative result is always happy news, even when expected. Just keep using those condoms everytime.

Good luck to you.
Andy Velez

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
Re: semen in ass crack/ anus
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2010, 04:42:12 pm »
Please keep all your thoughts questions and comments in your original thread. This helps us follow your story and give you the most accurate advice.

If you cannot find your original thread, please click the red link I have posted above. Alternatively you can use the "Show own posts" link which appears in the uppermost left hand column on any forum page.

Your questions will not be answered unless you return to your original thread

Please take the time to read our Welcome Thread and familiarise yourself with the posting guidelines.

MtD

Offline lakerlifeforme

semen in ass crack/ anus
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2010, 04:45:46 pm »
I had a great time with a great guy the other night, I was under him and he jacked me off, after I came, he jacked off until he came, when he came he jizzed on my balls, and crotch and with his other hand rubbed it around my crotch and in my ass crack. I was upset with this, as it happened so quickly, and he stopped immediately. I washed up right away after he DID NOT penetrate me but of course, being so diligent with keeping the sex safer, it has me unnerved with the whole situation, what if the cum dripped in my ass etc. I have no open sores or anything else present. I test regularly. Just looking for some feedback from a moderator. Thanks again. He said he is negative also, as am I.

Thanks for looking at this. I ALWAYS appreciate, your tireless dedication to the site.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2010, 04:50:32 pm »
I've merged your threads. Please follow our rule and keep all of your entries in this same thread. Nothing you are describing from your latest experience was in any way a risk for HIV transmission. Sexually the confirmed risks are quite specific: unprotected insertive or receptive vaginal or anal intercourse.

There's no cause for further concern. Remember those specifics for the future and always use condoms and you will be fine as far as HIV is concerned. 
Andy Velez

Offline lakerlifeforme

« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2010, 04:50:54 pm »
I should sum up, my concern is his cum, came in contact with my anus. Thanks!

Offline lakerlifeforme

« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2010, 04:51:52 pm »
Even if he has been poz, would the reply be the same, no risk?

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2010, 04:52:29 pm »
Yes, I understand that. Contact with your anus is not the same as semen IN your anus. No risk, no risk, no risk.
Andy Velez

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2010, 04:52:59 pm »
No risk even if he was HIV positive.
Andy Velez

Offline lakerlifeforme

« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2010, 05:01:04 pm »
Thanks Andy! As you can see from my post nearly a year ago, I like many struggle with HIV paranoia. I would just like to say that after I nested that time, per the suggestion of the gentleman preforming the test, I visited a therapist to discuss my feelings with this. While everyone is different, and obviously I will still struggle with it sometimes, I can say that talking with someone, has been amazing, and very very helpful. Just a suggestion to the many that visit this site, that might struggle with something similar.

Your words however are much appreciated, as well as your time to respond.

Thanks again.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2010, 05:03:16 pm »
Your welcome. And yes, some good conversation with a professional about the fears driving these concerns can be very helpful with moving to a better place about the issues.
Andy Velez

Offline lakerlifeforme

« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2010, 12:42:32 pm »
Could you please expand on why this wouldn't be an issue, I just imagine tons of sperm dripping into my crack, surrounding my anus. Could it crawl into my rectum?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2010, 01:17:44 pm »
Laker,

It's the seminal fluid that contains hiv, not the sperm. While sperm may "crawl" into your butt, hiv cannot move under its own power.

So NO, hiv is NOT going to crawl into your rectum.

If you insist on going on and on and on about this latest NO RISK incident, you WILL be given a time out. If you read the Welcome Thread before posting like you're supposed to, you will have read the following posting guideline:

Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Please consider yourself warned!

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple! Read through the condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use them with confidence.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.