Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 12:43:37 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37651
  • Latest: Toropi_
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773288
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 590
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 569
Total: 569

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: This Life Insurance Was Sponsored Ad On FB  (Read 3918 times)

Offline tednlou2

This Life Insurance Was Sponsored Ad On FB
« on: November 12, 2014, 05:30:10 pm »
I was scrolling through posts, when I saw an ad for getting life insurance, when poz.  I clicked on the link.  It brought up this page with a man holding a guitar for "rockstar insurance.". In the comment section, someone asked about terms.  The site responded it was too private to discuss public, so they wanted to talk by phone.

Anyone know anything about this?  I googled and did not find much (positive or negative) about them, except for their own pages.  It may be legit, but could be scamming people-- either for money or info. 

« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 05:56:52 pm by Jeff G »

Offline AusShep

Re: This Life Insurance Was Sponsored Ad On FB
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2014, 05:47:08 pm »
Well, you could click on the live chat link in the url you posted and find out...

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2014, 05:59:44 pm »
Hi Ted ... I modified your post to remove the links to a ad for insurance company . They would need to get permission from poz.com to place an ad on the forum . If anyone is interested they are free to PM you for the more information .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2014, 06:49:52 pm »
Hi Ted ... I modified your post to remove the links to a ad for insurance company . They would need to get permission from poz.com to place an ad on the forum . If anyone is interested they are free to PM you for the more information .

Well, I will just tell people the site is "lifeinsurance.rocks".  That is not using their advertising.  I think how a company present itself in an ad is important info for discussion.  We often discuss products here, where websites are given.  News programs and shows like "The View" don't like giving free advertising or appear to promote products, but when debated, they do reveal the name.  The website doesn't even look right, which makes me suspicious.  It gets difficult to discuss that, when the link is taken down.  If it is legit, it could help members. But, I have a gut feeling something isn't right about it.   

Still love ya, though.   

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2014, 07:23:36 pm »
Well, you could click on the live chat link in the url you posted and find out...

I just did that.  Guy said can offer $100,000 to $1,000,000, with UD vl.  Says permanent life insurance with cash value and not term.  Says those with detectable can get $100,000, depending on age.  I asked what rates are we talking.  I asked much, much higher than a smoker?  He said much, much lower, than a smoker.  He wanted me to email or call him.  I threw my back out Sunday and haven't been able to walk since.  In awful pain, which is likely why I got aggravated with sweet Jeff.  So, I will call another day.  Unless he emails me with info.  I just don't feel like talking on the phone. 

If real, this would be great news.  Just weird their site name and agents are called rock stars.  Perhaps they are just trying to market to younger people and doesn't mean unprofessional or scam. 

Offline buginme2

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2014, 11:49:50 am »
Ted, if you find out of this is legit or otherwise I'd love to hear. Thanks
Don't be fancy, just get dancey

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.