Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 04:47:47 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773220
  • Total Topics: 66338
  • Online Today: 716
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 623
Total: 624

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: I am taking part in a new study  (Read 5660 times)

Offline ryeguy

I am taking part in a new study
« on: January 22, 2008, 01:39:59 pm »
I just wanted to share with you all a new study in Berlin which I will be taking part of. It is for positive men and women who are on a therapy and regularly involved in sports or light to heavy body building. As most of you know Lypodystrophy is a side effect from our medication which  most of us only accept with a heavy heart. Although this study is supposed to be focusing on lean muscle mass and not fat mass I am convinced that the distribution of fat and muscle mass some how are involved with each other. Anyways let me explain the simple study before I go off on a tangent.

The study is a 30 day short subjective study. I will be working out once a day for thirty days and taking an Amino-Protein compound which is hoped to help muscle growth and contribute to a more healthy metabolism. The product consists of two com ponenets which are mixed together with 200ml of tap water. The first component consists of Proteins and Carbs, the second of Amino Acids most of which I have seen in normal fitness protein shakes, but not in such high consentrations.

Directly after working out one is to take one portion of this product, just like a protein shake:-)

I will be starting this tonight and hope for a bit more energy and have little expectations as to what this product may truly perform. I am doing this study through the Berlin Apotheke Group ( Berlin Pharmacy Group) at the end of the study I only have to answer a subjective questionair about the product and my experience with it.
Today is the 22 Jan 2008, I weigh about 78 Kilo, am a bit tubby around the middle, and as most lypodystrophy patients have twig legs. I have tried everything maybe this will help.

Well I'm off to the Gym, I will write a report about this product once a week as to my experience with it.

By the way the product is called AmminoKonzentrat and is not yet possible to buy.

Wish me luck,

« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 01:38:13 pm by JimDublin »

Offline allopathicholistic

Re: I am taking part in a new study
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2008, 01:49:42 pm »
Good luck to you and your study

Offline dixieman

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2008, 02:37:48 pm »
Interesting... keep us informed...

Offline appleboy

• Just me!
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2008, 10:05:40 pm »
Thank you for taking time to do a study!  Keep us up on how it goes!
If you are walking down the street and your pants drop to your ankles bend over pick them up and keep on walking!
My Blog

Offline NYCguy

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2008, 06:00:17 pm »
Sounds very interesting - I'm an avid weightlifter also and have tried various supplements and always worried about possible interactions.  So please do keep us updated.
11/9/06 = #$%^&!
sometime early Dec 2006:
CD4 530 20%/VL >250,000 (&*$$%!!)
started Reyataz300mg/Norvir/Truvada 12-27-06.
1/30/07 CD4 540 30%/VL <400
4/07 CD4 600+ 33%/VL <50
6/9/07 CD4 720 37%/VL <50
10/15/07 CD4 891 (!) %? VL <50
1/2010 CD4 599 (37%) VL<50 (drop due to acute HCV)
9/2010 - looks like HCV is gone for good! And I'm finally drinking again, thank GOD
2013 - considering a switch to Stribild. but I love my Kidneys (but I hate farting all the time!)...
June 2013 - switched to Stribild.  so far so good...

Offline ryeguy

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2008, 09:36:01 am »
Due to a slight cold I had to phostphone my start by two days. I just finished my second hard work out at the gym and of course my second super shake which did not taste bad at all. At the moment I feel a bit shaky and weak, but I know that is normal after a hard work out and even more so when one has taken such a long break and basically been lazy the months before.

My performance was as I had expected it to be, extremely poor in comparison to what I was capable of before my just about six month fitness break. Which I took by the way for no good reason. I felt like a 14 year old adolecent boy who took his first try at bench pressing 40 kilos, and after my trainings plan for the day was accomplished I felt like a 9 year old preadolecent girl who had just been hit by a speeding school bus instead.

Anyways I am sure the performance will better as my body gets familiar with lifting again. It is a good feeling knowing I am doing something positive for myself ( no pun intended)

I am sure I will be able to sleep well tonight, I think I'll go to a tanning bed to reward myself. To all a good night.

Greetings from Berlin,
r
« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 01:38:25 pm by JimDublin »

Offline Cerrid

• only as good as your last haircut
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2008, 01:30:50 pm »
Great to hear you're back to sports, hopefully you'll keep it up even after the study has ended.  ;)

Good luck with the proteins! Keep us informed!

Hugs,
Claas
"Boredom is always counterrevolutionary. Always." (Guy Debord)

Offline ryeguy

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2008, 05:26:58 am »
I have been a bit ill the last few days therefor I had to take a short break in the study. I will continue this thread when it is possible for me to continue with the study and workouts.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.