Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 01:28:09 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773294
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 675
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 610
Total: 611

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Starting Cabenuva  (Read 5297 times)

Offline YesImpoz

Starting Cabenuva
« on: November 23, 2022, 11:25:14 am »
Hey guys. I just wanted to introduce myself to this forum. I've been poz for over fifteen years. I'm undetectable and pretty much healthy( knock on wood). I've been on Genvoya for a long time and am now making the switch to Cabenuva. I've started the oral lead-in but not the injection. I  wanted to know other peoples experiences with this new drug and the after effects of the injection. And also if Cabenuva has made your life a little easier living with HIV?

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Threads: @jim16309
    • Social Media: Threads
Re: Starting Cabenuva
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2022, 11:32:12 am »
Hiya,

Welcome to the forum, so I know that two forum members are on Cabenuva, but it's new, so you will not find many people or get a huge amount of feedback, and any stories need to be taken with a serious pinch of salt.

Anyhow, keep us posted on how you get on, and I hope everything goes well for you.

Best, Jim.
HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Loa111

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2022, 05:52:31 am »
I've started the oral lead-in but not the injection.

What will be your injection cycle i.e. once a month, or once every 2 months?

Yes, please keep us updated on your progress, as Jim said, not may people on here are on this treatment yet and a lot of us are curious about it.

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2022, 06:56:25 am »
not may people on here are on this treatment yet and a lot of us are curious about it.
I'm not really curious about the drug at all. I've been through so many of the earliest meds that I know anything they produce these days is a bazillion times better with next to no side effects.

the Ryan White Quality Committee member in me is interested in knowing how many people will fail this kind of regimen; but what I'm really curious about is the trouble of taking the injection. In my situation the doctor is an hour (45 miles) away. There's no way in hell I'm going to his office every month, or even every 2 months, for one shot, to turn around and head back home. I don't think I'd be adverse to giving myself the injection (I've dealt with much worse issues taking older HIV meds) but I don't want to give myself injections. Maybe when they can develop this injection to last 4 months, which would coincide with my doctor appointments (although I wish I could get the Dr. appt down to only once or twice a year) I would consider switching from the 2 pills I easily take each day.  ;)
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline YesImpoz

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2022, 10:04:00 pm »
It's nice to meet you guys. I'll be given the injection once a month and then every two months after that. I'll let you guys know how that goes. I'm nervous in regards to the injection lol.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.