Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2024, 08:13:42 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773164
  • Total Topics: 66330
  • Online Today: 286
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 211
Total: 213

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Bush's farewll address 1/15/09  (Read 6847 times)

Offline PaulinNJ

Bush's farewll address 1/15/09
« on: January 15, 2009, 08:13:17 pm »
Just a minute ago he credited himself with providing "AIDS drugs to those who were dying and were brought back to life".

The fool is alreadt trying to re-write history! How can we best assure him he did no sucj thing? He let the creation of ADAP waiting lists go on with no action. How can we assure this one of many lies does not go unnoticed?

AAARRRRRRRRGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!
Laugh often - the alternative ain't worth it!
"Ain't I a stinker?" -- Bugs Bunny
From 120 t's, shingles and high VL in 2001
To 1200+ t's and undetectable in 2007.
2010 remain undedect. and 1000 CD4.

Offline denb45

• "1987 Classic Old School POZ+"
Re: Bush's farewll address 1/15/09
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2009, 09:28:14 pm »
Just a minute ago he credited himself with providing "AIDS drugs to those who were dying and were brought back to life".

The fool is alreadt trying to re-write history! How can we best assure him he did no sucj thing? He let the creation of ADAP waiting lists go on with no action. How can we assure this one of many lies does not go unnoticed?

AAARRRRRRRRGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

I couldn't even watch it anymore after that, how typical of the GOP-party to take credit for something they had Nothing to do with, and didn't even do, lies, lies, and more lies, I hope, that anyone with a brain in there head, didn't really believe that crap, but, the good news is HE's GONE..........WOOPIE!
his 8 yr term seemed like an eternity for a lot of us PWA's
« Last Edit: January 15, 2009, 09:30:02 pm by denb45 »
"it's so nice to be insane, cause no-one ask you to explain" Helen Reddy cc 1974

Online leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2009, 10:43:19 pm »
what he said was "We are standing with dissidents and young democracies, providing AIDS medicine to bring dying patients back to life, and sparing mothers and babies from malaria." I took this to mean the HIV funds sent to Africa. (malaria doesn't happen too often in the States ;) )

if you turned if off at that, then you missed just a few sentences later when he said "A new Medicare prescription drug benefit is bringing peace of mind to seniors and the disabled." Hmm, not from what I hear from those in the "donut hole"; much less that before part D, I wasn't paying any copays and now I do. This disabled guy didn't get any peace of mind with that policy.

Farewell, Mr. President, and don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.  ;)
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline allopathicholistic

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2009, 08:40:13 am »
what he said was "We are standing with dissidents and young democracies, providing AIDS medicine to bring dying patients back to life, and sparing mothers and babies from malaria." I took this to mean the HIV funds sent to Africa.

thanks for pointing that out. many of us here could & will have the same interpretation --but i think many average middle americans (pro-bush ones of course) can hear bush's words and think "see? bush was fair to gays and drug addicts too" (being unaware of pepfar, and taking things at face value, etc. ugghhh. way to sugar coat (not you, leatherman, i mean bush, to be clear))

if you turned if off at that, then you missed just a few sentences later when he said "A new Medicare prescription drug benefit is bringing peace of mind to seniors and the disabled." Hmm, not from what I hear from those in the "donut hole"; 

ugghh again. part D. ... yeah, D for disingenuous, and that's what his "peace of mind" statement is, disingenuous!

Offline MarcoPoz

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2009, 11:39:46 am »
Ahh ya' know the game...smoke and mirrors.  The last administration touted their contribution to AIDS via Africa but never said that they actually one gave a portion of the funds they promised (big war on ya' know) and had HUGE strings attached (can't have no homos, sexually active teens, information about anything other than abstinence an nothing that can be used for women' health..err I mean "baby killing" happening with our money)

;-)

Breathe and know they are soon gone.

Offline PaulinNJ

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2009, 09:26:21 pm »
Perhaps I was listening with a "third" ear as I often multi-task, and out of context -- I will admit - but the man has balls. Mosquito balls...but balls nonetheless. "Say Good Night Doofus!!!"
Laugh often - the alternative ain't worth it!
"Ain't I a stinker?" -- Bugs Bunny
From 120 t's, shingles and high VL in 2001
To 1200+ t's and undetectable in 2007.
2010 remain undedect. and 1000 CD4.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.