Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 04:22:40 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773220
  • Total Topics: 66338
  • Online Today: 716
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 585
Total: 586

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: anxiety is killing me condom gave up  (Read 4201 times)

Offline stupid9

• Standard
anxiety is killing me condom gave up
« on: December 24, 2012, 06:24:14 am »
hello everyone

my story in short, out of sheer stupidity, i ended up having sex with a HOOKER in Oct.i doubled up and after a couple of seconds condom broke, may be less the 10 seconds i checked it and was shocked.i did not cum in her.finished the act with new condom which was intact. asked her about status, she said she has no problems. washed my penis with antiseptic liquid after returning home .

test after 3-4 days  ELISA AND PCR -DNA( HIV1 QUALITATIVE PCR, method was real time polymerase chain reaction) both came back NON REACTIVE,NOT DETECTED.

end of 4th week soar throat,feverish felling but when checked 98.7 F. doctor said it was pharyngitis, i was travelling a lot and climate was changing. took medicines for couple of days  and it was OK. no rash, no fever,no nodes was swollen,did not check weight, lost apatite had abdominal pain for couple of days.

another test on 45th days ELISA( method was CIMA (ANTIBODIES ONLY lab told me it was forth generation))- NEGATIVE.

mid of 7th weeks i was out in cold almost whole night, couple of days later i again have throat pain, stuffy nose with very thick yellow phlegm, red eyes with yellow mucus and node under right  ear ireetating, don't think it is swollen, i have been checking them quite often with hands.

if fell it is a seroconversion as i have read somewhere that some autoimmune disease can cause delay seroconversion ( i am suffering from rheumatoid arthritis and Alopecia areata taking homeopathy medicine.

please help me anxiety is killing me

1) how accurate is test at 45 days. have seen any one turning positive after this time (even some one with autoimmune diseases)?
2) has any of condom broke incidents has ever been infected?

Note : i don't do drugs,no alcohol don't smoke..no other habits no major illness. no kissing, oral or figuring was involved.
  your feedback will be save a life.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
Re: anxiety is killing me condom gave up
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2012, 08:25:10 am »
You had a low level risk with the condom breakage. Your negative result at 45 days with such a low level risk all but guarantees that you will test negative again at 3 months for a conclusive result.

Remember for the future DO NOT DOUBLE up on condoms. The breakage that you experienced is a very common effect of doubling up. One condom worn properly will protect you very effectively against HIV transmission.

I expect you to come out of this incident ok.
Andy Velez

Offline stupid9

• Standard
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2012, 01:06:52 pm »
thank you very much for u r quick reply,,i have read most of the post on these forums, before writing to you.u are a expert in these.so please help with 2 questions .

1) how accurate is test at 45 days. have seen any one turning positive after this time (even some one with autoimmune diseases)?
2) has any of condom broke incidents has ever been infected? and what time frame are we talking about?

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2012, 05:56:41 pm »
The average time to seroconversion is 22 days. So a negative at 45 days is very significant and unlikely to turn to positive at 3 months.

I've never known of a broken condom incident to end up with transmission having occured.

You need to chill and focus on other things in your life while waiting to re-test. I expect you to come out of this ok.
Andy Velez

Offline stupid9

• Standard
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2013, 09:14:10 pm »
hello guys

just wanted to give you update on my status, got tested at 12.4 weeks for hiv antibodies 1 & 2 (enhanced chemiluminescence assay) and it was NEGATIVE, with value (0.07). can i now forget about hiv and continue with my life?

you guys have been a great help for me. learned a lot about hiv. this was definitely life changing experience for me. i have posted earlier with condom broke by rp ..but not able to find my post,so had to start a new thread. god bless all guys...great job.

thank you

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.