Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:11:57 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 424
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 378
Total: 380

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: test results of mine...formerly indian-idiot  (Read 13748 times)

Offline Indian

test results of mine...formerly indian-idiot
« on: June 02, 2006, 07:57:23 pm »
hello everyone
i received me test results after six months of intense worrying...and anxiety.it came out negative as you all had predicted.
that had definitely relived me of  my anxiety....until...
however as happie i was getting the test results.....i gave a lift(hitchhiker) to a girl....she looked in despair....so i thought maybe i should help her and it was night time...
she had ran out of her house.....she was hungry so we ate..and she was coming on to me in a way....however.....she was also asking me if she could stay with me(which was confusing).....and then she asked me if we could movie into a motel to spend the night..to which i refused(i live with my parents).....she was very attractive however i dint want to take advantage of her situation ....so refused....but i gave her stupid signals as if i was intrested in her.....grrrrrrr....anyway...while she was sitting on my bike...i felt something poked my back..like a needle... when i came home i looked and i saw a red spot where i felt the poking.....like it was from a needle...when i felt the poking while i was driving...i saw behind..and i definitely saw a busted look on her face...so.after..i dropped her..a i  came home and saw the spot...i am not in total panic...but the spot looked realistic.....she also had a few black/brown spots on her fore head(same like what my uncle had gotten when he lost the battle to hiv). i don't know what to think....
am i being paranoid????...i knew the answer is yes......but if she really did the needle assault on me...then???..this is the thought which bothers me.....
do you guys think i should wait and test?
how are you doing?..Johnathan , Andy , Ann , hiv worker , rapid and the rest:)))
you all are always in my thoughts and prayers..
regards
Indian
formerly in the old forum Indian-idiot...
Ann..the timeout was like a sentence....hugs
love you all

Offline LessonLearned

Re: test results of mine...formerly indian-idiot
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2006, 08:07:54 pm »
Unlike the stories found in Urban Legends of people intentionally infecting other with needles, in reality it does not occurr.

The manner in which you describe has no risk of infection what so ever. You need loose your fear of HIV.

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2006, 08:25:28 pm »
Good lord!

The cold cynic in me wonders if this is all made up, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. There is no risk in what you describe. Perhaps you should consider some form of mental health treatment regarding your obsession with HIV.

MtD

Offline Indian

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2006, 08:40:36 pm »
no Matty this is not made up this happened for real...why would i waste the time of the forum people here...this forum is my strength..and inspiration...please don't think that way...
thanks for your suggestion..i wish English language dint have the words "what and "if" especially when they come together and become "what if"
regards

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2006, 08:44:24 pm »
no Matty this is not made up this happened for real...why would i waste the time of the forum people here...this forum is my strength..and inspiration...please don't think that way...
thanks for your suggestion..i wish English language dint have the words "what and "if" especially when they come together and become "what if"
regards

Mate, if the Am I Infected? forum of AIDSMEDS is your inspiration and strength then you really need to follow the advice I gave you.

MtD

Offline Indian

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2006, 08:51:03 pm »
hey matty...:)
"am i infected" is not my inspiration...but the service to mankind that you all are doing...is my inspiration......seriously...
warm regards!!!

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2006, 08:02:45 am »
Well, I hope that the inspiration we're giving you will inspire you to drop this latest anxious pursuit right now.

Frankly, your story is just a bunch of speculation and what ifs. There is absolutely no basis for concern about HIV transmission.

Whether you are just craving some attention or whatever else maybe involved for you personally, go no further with this latest bit. Otherwise you may well find yourself being given another time out or perhaps even being banned.

I hope I am coming through loud and clear here. 
« Last Edit: June 03, 2006, 08:04:32 am by Andy Velez »
Andy Velez

Offline Indian

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2006, 05:27:12 pm »
Hello all,
i wa doing fine until two days back i had severe dirreah and vomiting at the same time...i have NEVER had this kind of dirreah and vomiting....never in my life i had such explosive strange watery stool's...and heavy heavy vomiting....i took some piils over the counter and they seem to have stopped...
should i be worried???..i dont mean to sound paranoid here..
please help me....i am trying not to be anxious...but this is very new to me..i have never had vomiting and dirreah the same day..and so severe...
..how are you doing? rapid , ann , jhonathan , andy , worker?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2006, 06:37:10 pm »
If you are worried go to the doctor because the cause is other than HIV.

Offline Indian

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2006, 04:51:05 pm »
thanx rapid
my parents have launched a massive search for a suitable bride for me...indian arrange marriage style...
what shall i do?????
the dirreah and vomiting lasted for only a day..but they were at the same time and damm severe...
ia m feeling ok now though..
shall i test over this incident i mentioned on the top?
all your experts  opinion does matter to me
hugs to you all

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2006, 05:53:26 pm »
There is no need to test period.

Offline Indian

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2006, 05:44:16 pm »
thanx for your responce ..its puts me to some ease:))
I have a question i tried to ask the local helpline they dint seem to know
can Hiv be transmitted from a teeth marks?..like love bites..for eg: when a females or males..bite the partner during sex...not the real bite...but ya know what i mean right?(am i framing this question properly?)..i am assuming it can be dangerous for the biter..than the one who is bitten..(if blood is present or otherwise)...is there a possibility of transmission??
please take care
love you all
regards
indian

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2006, 05:48:51 pm »
No, there is no risk from a hickey.

Offline lydgate

• Virgin, can't drive
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2006, 06:11:27 pm »
Where in India are you? If you're in one of the big cities I can probably suggest some counselors or therapists who can help you work through your obsessive fear of HIV. And I'm not using the word "obsessive" lightly.

Black and brown spots are not KS. They are what Indian girls and women waste their money buying idiotic products like Fair and Lovely. You say the spot "looked realistic." I'm not sure what that means exactly. A spot is not a puncture wound. Having ridden enough Indian bikes, lawd knows I've been poked and prodded by odd pieces of metal, given that Indian bikes (in my time anyway) were/are prone to slow deterioration, especially with the stress of an additional rider. You say she looked as if she'd been "busted." Don't you think that's either because you were reading your anxieties into her expression or that she realized that you realized she was trying to con you? Remember Shabana Azmi in "Amar Akbar Anthony" -- she would stop passing cars on the highway pretending to be a damsel in distress when in fact she was bait for her step-brother's gang of hoodlums. Sounds to me like your particular damsel was a con artist.

You do not have HIV. You do have a problem with your unceasing anxieties about HIV. Seriously. If your worries persist, get help for it, or you'll waste many more months of your life.

Good luck with the bride hunting. Some day (may it be soon) you'll laugh about all this.

Jay (who used to live in Bombay)

Her finely-touched spirit had still its fine issues, though they were not widely visible. Her full nature, like that river of which Cyrus broke the strength, spent itself in channels which had no great name on the earth. But the effect of her being on those around her was incalculably diffusive: for the growing good of the world is partly dependent on unhistoric acts; and that things are not so ill with you and me as they might have been, is half owing to the number who lived faithfully a hidden life, and rest in unvisited tombs.

George Eliot, Middlemarch, final paragraph

Offline Indian

« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2006, 06:41:54 pm »
Hi, all
i wanted to ask question...i have been meaning to ask for a long time now
Is transmission possible if one of the partner has bleeding gums during Hard Kissing? assuming one of the partner is positive
Also during getting a blowjob...for eg if the partner giving a blow job is positive and has oral issues like, small/big sores, or bleeding gums..etc
I know getting  a blow job is considered a no risk affiar..and also kissing no matter how hard it is....but would oral issues like bleeding gums or any other similar oral condition change the situation????
I remmber reading at a site where CDC has reported a case where there was a transmission that occured cause of bleeding gums. This was a single incident that had been reported by CDC(that site claimed). is it even therotically possible?..i think it is...or maybe even pratically???

Warm Regards
Indian
hope you all are doing ok.(rapid, ann , jk, andy , matty, worker)
« Last Edit: August 13, 2006, 08:56:46 pm by Indian »

Offline Indian

« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2006, 02:11:24 pm »
please anyone???????
Anxiously awating any replies
love you guys.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2006, 02:41:58 pm »
Indian,

There would have to be so much blood present that you probably wouldn't be kissing them or getting a blowjob from them. Saliva contains over twelve proteins and enzymes that inhibit and disable hiv. Don't come into mouth to mouth or mouth to penis contact with a person who has blood dripping from their mouth and you'll be fine.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Indian

« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2006, 04:43:35 pm »
Thankyou
Your my angel ann:)
 A big hug.

Offline Indian

« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2006, 02:01:57 pm »
Guys i just wanted to know is Rapid test just as good as elisa?
I mean is a Rapid test using a trydot kit a good indicator?
thankyou

Offline Indian

« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2006, 01:35:04 pm »
anyone?...please?

Offline Indian

« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2006, 02:07:09 pm »
Please? anyone?>

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2006, 02:58:36 pm »
Indian,

The rapid tests ARE ELISAs. They are reliable.

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Indian

« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2006, 01:27:29 pm »
Hi everyone
I am doing a little better but still have some anxiety issues
I have met a girl and i and going to marry her next year...anyhoo i got her tested for Hiv using (try dot) she told me about her sexual history. we took the test three months past her last sexual encounter with her boyfreind with whom she broke up. it was unprotected. she has been falling sick a lot lately with freinqesnt headaches and fever also pimples on her forehead
we have had unprotected sex about 3 times( cause she was tested and so was i) but she has been falling sick a little too often...which makes me worried reading about Try-dot not being approved by FDA and its accuracy. i wonder if its not globally accepted why is it being used in india?..the last time i got test was also through trydot.
what should i do?...

where's jhonathan?..is everything ok?..i havent seen him post.
how are you doing andy,ann,matt,rapid,worker
Regards
Indian

Offline Indian

« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2006, 12:51:45 pm »
hello how are you ann and rest of te experts
today my g/f is complaning about breathing problems...and she has never felt like this before she has cough for over 20 days and big headaches and mouth ulcers....she is frequently ill. please help me
regards

Offline Indian

« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2006, 01:06:15 pm »
I also have lymph nodes swollen under my chin and thy are big also nodes along my right ear are swollen......the one on the chin is esp big and is painful....i am going crazy here

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2006, 01:09:38 pm »
See your doctor. Your symptoms are unrelated to HIV.

Offline Indian

« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2006, 01:14:19 pm »
Thnx rod
I really appreciate you responce...
shall i get another test one? or also one for my gf?
i am just numb struck...now. the nodes are painful...and esp the conditon of my gf
can this b can issue for hiv?..

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2006, 01:16:52 pm »
What would you test for? You wasn't at risk for HIV, so what is your reasoning for testing?

Offline Indian

« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2006, 01:20:06 pm »
I am suspecting at i am seroconverting late...and the trydot test missed me...with its 96 percent accracy....more importantly the symptoms that i have experinced this whole year...which i have never faced in my life......and same goes for my girlfriend

Offline Indian

« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2006, 09:03:18 am »
HI, i just realised that i have been popping the lymphnodes near my temple and my chin thinking they were pimples...i have been doing that all along..today a doctor made me realise that those were lumph nodes.
could that be the reason that by body is not developing the anti bodies...cause i keep popping them up?...
Today i got tested using elisa...it came out negative!! but these symptoms are still worring me....also the fact that i have been popping these nodes....
please help me guys
love you all

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2006, 10:30:58 am »
Indian,

You are conclusively hiv negative and you do not need further testing.

You cannot pop lymph nodes. Please see a real doctor.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Indian

« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2007, 11:17:34 am »
Hi all,
After fearing that i could have been infected at the hiv testing facility..by the used needle of an african positive guy before me...i spent three months...worrying and got my results..on 24th  last month exactly one the 90th day....
did i give it enough time..?...i am suing the facility for negligence...
but is my third month conclusive?
i have had rashes on my butt (which i have never had before) and pain in the eye..also a small pimple on my eye lid(septic one). and a funnie taste in my mouth
I got tested through elisa and it came out negative...at three months.
Could it be that i have a undetectable strain.? like M and N on ELISA...it was a second generation elisa.
what are my chances
my g/f is also falling sick way too often...with colds, mouth sours and fever. i am really worrie now about having picked up a rare strain....
also is three months enough...considering that i could have been infected by a needle...just couple of minutes after the african origin patient.
Hiv doctor is out in usa to attend a convention so i couldnt see him.
shall i still pursue the case?
Please Plese give me some inputs
Love you all
« Last Edit: March 15, 2007, 11:26:41 am by Indian »

Offline ACinKC

• Bring it VIRUS! #2 Ranked In-crowd Member!
« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2007, 11:19:54 am »
3 months is conclusive.  Move on with your life.  Worrying about this isnt helping.
LIFE is not a race to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well-preserved body, but, rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW! WHAT A
RIDE!!!

Offline Indian

« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2007, 11:25:35 am »
thanx for your reply...
but these sysmtoms to me and my g/f are worriesome sometimes.....
anyone else would like to comment?

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2007, 11:28:57 am »
If you are worried about your frequent illnesses you might want to consult a Dr.  They have already ruled out HIV for you, now you can focus on what it may ACTUALLY be.
RIDE!!!

Offline Indian

« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2007, 11:32:43 am »
they havent ruled it out....6 months is what the nurse told me...and in rase cases even over a year...
my laywers..think i should wait...i dont know what to do really

Offline Indian

« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2007, 11:38:41 am »
Hi all,
After fearing that i could have been infected at the hiv testing facility..by the used needle of an african positive guy before me(two minutes was the gap)...i spent three months...worrying and got my results..on 24th  last month exactly one the 90th day....
did i give it enough time..?...i am suing the facility for negligence...
but is my third month conclusive?
i have had rashes on my butt (which i have never had before) and pain in the eye..also a small pimple on my eye lid(septic one). and a funnie taste in my mouth
I got tested through elisa and it came out negative...at three months.
Could it be that i have a undetectable strain.? like M and N on ELISA...it was a second generation elisa.
what are my chances
my g/f is also falling sick way too often...with colds, mouth sours and fever. i am really worrie now about having picked up a rare strain....
also is three months enough...considering that i could have been infected by a needle...just couple of minutes after the african origin patient.
Hiv doctor is out in usa to attend a convention so i couldnt see him.
shall i still pursue the case?
Please Plese give me some inputs
Love you all

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2007, 11:54:28 am »
You didn't have a risk. Seek the help of a mental health professional. You are way beyond our scope of helping you.

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #38 on: March 15, 2007, 11:56:05 am »
they havent ruled it out....6 months is what the nurse told me...and in rase cases even over a year...
my laywers..think i should wait...i dont know what to do really

She is wrong.  Lawyers are right.  (Which is a REAL change in life)
RIDE!!!

Offline Indian

« Reply #39 on: March 15, 2007, 11:57:43 am »
I am worried about the strain and the window period....and the symptoms...like pain in eye..rashes..
are three months really enough? considering it was needle?

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #40 on: March 15, 2007, 12:03:17 pm »
Yes 3 months are enough even if it was a needle. And im sure you dont know for sure that it was a USED needle.  Because if you actually saw them draw his blood and walk straight over to you, you SURELY would have said something.  So I am betting you didnt have a risk ANYWAY.

And pain in the eye, rashes and funny tastes in your mouth are NOT symptoms of HIV. 
RIDE!!!

Offline Indian

« Reply #41 on: March 15, 2007, 12:14:46 pm »
The reason i am sure...cause the nurse..accidently used the same needle...
and dint scrap it.........its not a usual sringe...its detachable..they throw it away once used...but this time she kept it on the table and used it. she addimitted to her mistake...
i also waited to check the african guy's status and it was positive.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #42 on: March 15, 2007, 12:34:27 pm »
Indian,

You can keep asking the same question over and over and over again, and we will keep telling you the same answer over and over and over again.

You are hiv negative. Period. End of story. You do not have hiv. You are hiv negative.

Whatever is going on with you has nothing to do with hiv. You have already ruled hiv out. Go see a doctor to find out what is really going on because whatever it is, we already know that it is NOT hiv. Forget about weird strains, you are hiv negative.

Put it this way, you claim the needle was used on a guy who is known to be hiv positive. If his strain was detected and you were infected from him, your strain would also be detected. You ARE hiv negative!

Please let me remind you of our time out policy:

Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Please consider yourself warned. Please seek the assistance of a mental health care professional. You've been coming here to this forum for what - nearly two years now? We cannot help you further with your fears. Get counseling.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Indian

« Reply #43 on: March 15, 2007, 12:39:41 pm »
i am assuming he was positive.....
in any case...ann is three months enough for the neddle incident..and all teh strians are picked up right?
 i will end this debacle soon

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #44 on: March 15, 2007, 12:59:14 pm »
i am assuming he was positive.....

Indian,

I have a feeling you're making loads of assumptions about all this.

One more time, you are hiv negative, period, end of story. If there were any ands, ifs or buts about it, we'd tell you. There aren't. YOU ARE HIV NEGATIVE.

i will end this debacle soon

If you don't, I will - with a time out. No kidding.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.