Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 11:50:36 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37651
  • Latest: Toropi_
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773280
  • Total Topics: 66347
  • Online Today: 387
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 323
Total: 323

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Really freaked  (Read 3877 times)

Offline caramelidus

• Standard
Really freaked
« on: May 31, 2012, 07:49:59 pm »
Hi
My story is vaginal intercourse with 2 csw at the same time. Condom protected. No kissing no oral no fingering. This happened a year ago

My concern is that wih one of those girls i heard a pop sound while trying to do it (was not fully erected) to which i didnt pay attention at the moment and continued for an additional minute. Never felt any wetness. At that point i dont even know if i even was inside of her at all. 

When i withdrew, i saw a complete condom covering my penis. No signs of damage or breakage. But said before i was flacid and the condom shrinked over my penis. Didnt gave it a good look. 

Didnt think about the whole thing that much until week 4 or 5 when i got a rash on my groin similar to joch itch which ive had before in my life but cant tell if it was the same thing. 

Later, on week 10 or 11 had 4 days of mild headache and a swollen feeling in my throat. Not a sore feeling but a swollen feeling. Like having something stucked when swallowing and a swollen feeling in the low front of my neck but no pain at all. After that and almost till today i ve had a funny fullness feeling in my armpits and groin but cant feel any limp or bump or node or whatever. No pain. 

What freaked me out is that around that time my gf whom which a was having a lot of sex (always protected) got a nasty, really nasty flu. 

All that happened and manage to forget the whole thing at that time. Didnt tested. As said around a year ago.

The real huge issue that is bringing me here today is that about 3 weeks my gf and i had our first unprotected intercourse. No ejaculation inside. 

Since yesterday she devolped a extremely painful isolated bump little bump on her left armpit. Pretty visible and near to the surface.  We dont know if is a node or a in grown hair or sebaceus infection. Looks more like a swollen node instead of any kind of pimple. But im shiting my pants since yesterday about all this !!!

What do you think of all this??? Please help!!!

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
Re: Really freaked
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2012, 08:23:51 pm »
It sounds as though you had protected sex. You would have noticed a ripped condom. THey are designed to fail catastrophically.

As I see it, this can't possibly be an HIV situation.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline caramelidus

• Standard
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2012, 08:36:54 pm »
Could anybody elaborate a little more?? Does my symptoms a year ago resembled ars symptoms? What about my gf? Isolated painful lymph node??

Please elaborate a little longer

Do u know any case like mine??

How is ars??

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2012, 08:54:17 pm »
jkinatl2 has answered you and there is nothing more to add.

Offline caramelidus

• Standard
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2012, 08:58:37 pm »
Please could someone kindly elaborate a little further ... I need to understand what's going on please help me ...

Am desperated

What else could it be??

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2012, 09:04:18 pm »
If you are concerned see your doctor. No one can diagnose you over the Internet.

Offline caramelidus

• Standard
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2012, 09:07:03 pm »
Man !! I'm concerned about hiv !! Isn't this forums to share experiencies and worries related to it???

Don't get it !! You guys don't help !!

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2012, 09:19:54 pm »
You were already advised you never had an exposure.

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2012, 12:14:26 am »
This is actually a forum about risk assessment. Symptoms, or absence of symptoms, are meaningless when discussing possible HIV infection. Some people get some (and the ones people get vary widely) and others get none at all.

For this reason we do not discuss any symptoms you have as regards HIV infection. Not only can ANYTHING, from allergies to the flu to other STDs mimic initial HIV infection (which is caused by your body's initial defense against HIV, not the virus itself) but because someone with NO symptoms might consider themselves negative and spread the virus without knowing it.

This is also not a discussion forum. Nor is it a place to share worries and experiences regarding possible HIV infection.

It IS a web site built to assist those who ARE HIV positive, for THOSE people to newtowrk and share experiences and worries, and to help one another. THIS part of the site, the AM I INFECTED Forum, was placed as a courtesy for those who were not aware of the transmission vectors and testing protocols.

It also serves to keep people worried about HIV infection (we call them "Worried Wells") from interacting with the members of this forum who are HIV positive. Many of the people here who have HIV are newly infected, or simply uninformed as regards risk assessment, transmission theory, ans testing protocols. We segregate this area to make certain only a handful of approved people can provide the best, most accurate science-based information and risk assessment.

You have received this.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline caramelidus

• Standard
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2012, 06:40:13 am »
Thanks for the reply. I totally get it !! Sorry if I was annoying. Not intentional.

Maybe is just me trying to receive answers like "your symptons and timeframe are not consistent with those of ars" .. "Don't worry, an isolated armpit bump is not hiv related, hiv related nodes are all over the body" or "people that get ars symptoms doesn't get it at 10-11 weeks post exposure" .. Or "don't worry, nodes on ars. Are not painful like the one your gf has" ... which is exactly the kinds of asnwers I found in this massive www research I've doing for the last couple of days ..

But the www is so confusing, so many different approaches.. Really don't know what to believe ...

That's why I came here.. Feeling that in this place I could definitive find accurate, expert answers ..

This last year has been a fucking hell !! And at the same time you think, what the fuck did I do wrong?? I've never been an IV drug user, never in my life had fucked anybody anally, used condoms each and every time (being always careful all my life to paranoids levels about unwanted pregnancy and sti's) .. I haven't even never cummed inside a girl unprotected in my life !! Just don't what's that like!! Can u believe it??

Then the fucking number and probabilities game .. "1 in 2000 chances if ..." "1 in 100 a csw has hiv" .. Blah blah blah ... Can't find any relieve .. I am one of those that unfortunately goes through life thinking bad things always happened to them ..

Just Feel like the devil is playing marbles with me ..

Thanks for listening

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2012, 07:23:19 am »
Thanks for the reply. I totally get it !! Sorry if I was annoying. Not intentional.

Maybe is just me trying to receive answers like "your symptons and timeframe are not consistent with those of ars" .. "Don't worry, an isolated armpit bump is not hiv related, hiv related nodes are all over the body" or "people that get ars symptoms doesn't get it at 10-11 weeks post exposure" .. Or "don't worry, nodes on ars. Are not painful like the one your gf has" ... which is exactly the kinds of asnwers I found in this massive www research I've doing for the last couple of days ..

But the www is so confusing, so many different approaches.. Really don't know what to believe ...

That's why I came here.. Feeling that in this place I could definitive find accurate, expert answers ..

This last year has been a fucking hell !! And at the same time you think, what the fuck did I do wrong?? I've never been an IV drug user, never in my life had fucked anybody anally, used condoms each and every time (being always careful all my life to paranoids levels about unwanted pregnancy and sti's) .. I haven't even never cummed inside a girl unprotected in my life !! Just don't what's that like!! Can u believe it??

Then the fucking number and probabilities game .. "1 in 2000 chances if ..." "1 in 100 a csw has hiv" .. Blah blah blah ... Can't find any relieve .. I am one of those that unfortunately goes through life thinking bad things always happened to them ..

Just Feel like the devil is playing marbles with me ..

Thanks for listening
The I suggest you seek some professional help.

Offline caramelidus

• Standard
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2012, 07:45:16 am »
What kind of help should I seek?? Should I test??

Please ann or andy .. Could you add something?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2012, 07:53:51 am »
What kind of help should I seek?? Should I test??

Please ann or andy .. Could you add something?
Professional mental help. Had you read the replies you have received you would have known you don't need testing.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2012, 08:48:36 am »
We are not going to continue an endless round of what ifs with you. You did not have a risk for HIV. You can if you want to strictly for your peace of mind have an HIV test and collect the inevitable negative result.

There is nothing more we can do for you in this setting. If you continue to return about this non-risk incident you are going to get a Time Out for at least 28 days from the site.

HIV is not your problem. Stop with the drama and get on with your life.
Andy Velez

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2012, 08:54:59 am »
Caramel,

Why don't you just go test? As a sexually active adult, it's something you should be doing at least once a year. It's what responsible people do to protect their own health and the health of their sex partners.

You shouldn't be having unprotected sex with your girlfriend until you have BOTH tested together - for everything.

Going by what you've told us, I fully expect you to test negative. However, I also suspect that getting a negative result is the only way you're going to be able to put this behind you.

And by the way, if your girlfriend feels unwell, she should see a doctor. Nobody can diagnose her over the internet.

Here's what you need to know in order to avoid hiv infection:

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL sexually transmitted infections together.

To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with an STI. Sex without a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through the condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

Anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results.

Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv. Some of the other STIs can be present with no obvious symptoms, so the only way to know for sure is to test.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple!

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.