HIV Prevention and Testing > Do I Have HIV?

Should I be worried?

(1/1)

Quest2021:
Hi,

Thank you for accepting me in this forum. I had my blood drawn last week, and I left a bit concerned about how it went. At the beginning everything went well, but the nurse missed the vein in my right arm. She used a butterfly needle. She didn't wear gloves at any time and didn't change the needle when she tried again in the other arm. I am not worried about that, but when she finished drawing blood from the other arm, I saw a trace of blood in her finger. I am concerned that she could've pricked herself without noticing before drawing blood from my arm the second time. If this was the case, should I be concerned?

Thank you for your help.

Jim Allen:
No, relax and move on with your life.

Here's what you need to know to avoid HIV infection:
Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, every time, no exceptions. Consider talking to your healthcare provider about PrEP in the future as an additional layer of HIV protection

Keep in mind that some sexual practices described as ‘safe’ in terms of HIV transmission might still pose a risk for transmission of other STI's, so please do get tested regularly and at least yearly for all STI's including but not limited to HIV and test more frequently if unprotected intercourse occurs

Also, note that it is possible to have an STI and show no signs or symptoms and, the only way of knowing is by testing.

Kind regards

Jim

Please Note.
As a member of the "Do I have HIV?" The forum you are required to only post in this one thread no matter how long between visits or the subject matter. You can find this thread by going to your profile and selecting show own post and it will take you here. It helps us to help you when you keep all your thoughts or questions in one thread and it helps other readers to follow the discussion. Any additional threads will be deleted.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version