Meds, Mind, Body & Benefits > Lipodystrophy & Metabolic Problems

Uneven distribution of fat between left and right sides, Lipodystrophy.

(1/1)

potatohead:
Hi,

I'm new here but have had HIV since 1981 and been on treatment for many years.
I'm wondering about this abnormal redistribution of fat. I've had the build up fat on my chest etc but I also am much heavier down my left side. I can't seem to find anything online about this. Does anyone have any experience of this or know anything about it? I'm due to see my doctor next week so will ask him as well.
Thanks and stay strong!

PH

leatherman:

--- Quote from: potatohead on April 04, 2018, 03:15:34 pm ---I can't seem to find anything online about this. Does anyone have any experience of this or know anything about it?

--- End quote ---
I'm surprised you couldn't find anything about "'lipodystrophy". There's a board here about it POZ Community Forums » Meds, Mind, Body & Benefits » Lipodystrophy & Metabolic Problems  It was quite a problem in the early years with the first HIV meds.

potatohead:
Hi,

I'm new here but have had HIV since 1981 and been on treatment for many years.
I'm wondering about this abnormal redistribution of fat. I've had the build up fat on my chest etc but I also am much heavier down my left side, my arm, chest and even face. I can't seem to find anything online about this. Does anyone have any experience of this or know anything about it? I'm due to see my doctor next week so will ask him as well.
Thanks and stay strong!

PH

harleymc:
Mine's asymmetric as well.  The only way I can keep it from being obvious is to keep as lean as possible.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version