Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2021, 04:07:59 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 35882
  • Latest: sahil12
Stats
  • Total Posts: 759640
  • Total Topics: 64419
  • Online Today: 279
  • Online Ever: 4912
  • (November 13, 2019, 02:56:14 am)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 236
Total: 239

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Living With HIV / Re: Covid Vaccine
« Last post by fabio on Today at 02:18:52 pm »
Congratulations Fabio & all that have at least a shot of vaccine.
I too have join the vaccinated group having a jab yesterday. Same time parents got 2nd jab already, a sigh of relief knowing they are fully vaccinated.  :)

CONGRATULATIONS!, For joining the vaccinated club !!  8)

Ray 8)
Thanks! I'm actually quite happy to have done it, although my day was eventful that I had also a paper due (a team presentation) and my team mates are morons haha, so I didn't really celebrate the vacc club entry haha.
« Last post by fabio on Today at 02:16:15 pm »
Good to hear Fabio! Snap! I got my 1st dose of Moderna this morning too over here in Dublin.

I think it was mainly people from HIV ID Clinic there this morning. There was a buzz of excitement in the air. Delighted to have shot 1 done, & now 28 days for shot 2.

My arm feels a bit tender, & I do feel a slight bit funny, very similar to how I feel after Flu vaccine or any of the other vaccines the ID doc gave me over the last year.

I read the Shot 1 of Moderna after 2 weeks can still give up to 80% protection, so all good news.
Same, although I only feel now the stiff muscle but all in all I feel nothing haha. In my case I had to go to another place (since I live in an island) so everyone was 80+ lol.

« Last post by virgo313 on Today at 10:22:09 am »
Congratulations Fabio & all that have at least a shot of vaccine.
I too have join the vaccinated group having a jab yesterday. Same time parents got 2nd jab already, a sigh of relief knowing they are fully vaccinated.  :)
Estoy infectado? / Re: Actividad de riezgo?
« Last post by Jim Allen on Today at 10:04:08 am »
No un VIH riesgo.  Adelante con su vida
Estoy infectado? / Re: Actividad de riezgo?
« Last post by ednorton on Today at 10:00:13 am »
Aun asi mi pene haya podido entrar en contacto con esa herida durante el frotamiento?
Con respecto a la herida no era profunda y era de la que te haces cuando te rascas
« Last post by J.R.E. on Today at 09:51:03 am »
Good news everyone,I just did the first dose of my vaccine (the moderna one) and I feel...absolutely fine. No complications whatsoever (well,duh...).
The doctor was a bit rude ...The nurse was kind and nice though .

CONGRATULATIONS!, For joining the vaccinated club !!  8)

Ray 8)
« Last post by Loa111 on Today at 09:39:06 am »
Good to hear Fabio! Snap! I got my 1st dose of Moderna this morning too over here in Dublin.

I think it was mainly people from HIV ID Clinic there this morning. There was a buzz of excitement in the air. Delighted to have shot 1 done, & now 28 days for shot 2.

My arm feels a bit tender, & I do feel a slight bit funny, very similar to how I feel after Flu vaccine or any of the other vaccines the ID doc gave me over the last year.

I read the Shot 1 of Moderna after 2 weeks can still give up to 80% protection, so all good news. 
Do I Have HIV? / Re: I think I messed up
« Last post by Jim Allen on Today at 09:19:54 am »
Hiya,

Please don't post in sections of the forum, they are designed for people living with HIV. You should only be posting here in this one thread. Please take a moment to read the below links:

https://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=220.0
https://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=45006.0

Regarding your deleted post, the answer is no. Testing for STI's like most illnesses is specific. So having labs run for one infection does not mean it includes screening for all others, if you are due or need STI testing make sure to talk to your doctor and clinic about specifically getting an STI & HIV screening done.

The CMV mentioned is very common. Depending on where you live, up to 85% of the adult population can have CMV. 

me and my gf have been together for a year

I'll say the same thing I always do, use condoms and test at least yearly. If you do engage in condomless sex with your partner, then you are obviously at risk. Often within relationships, condomless sex is based on trust or past test results. However, this does not prevent HIV, and any condomless intercourse is accepting the greater risk of acquiring HIV.

So if you do choose to engage in condomless intercourse, consider testing more frequently for HIV and far easier to acquire STI's. As a sexually active adult, it's would be recommended to test out of routine at least yearly for HIV & STI's.

Here's what you need to know to avoid HIV infection:
Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse correctly and consistently, every time, no exceptions. Consider talking to your health care provider about taking PrEP in the future as an additional layer of HIV protection.

Keep in mind that some sexual practices which may be described as 'safe' in terms of HIV transmission might still pose a risk for transmission of other STI's, so do get fully tested regularly and at least yearly for all STI's including but not limited to HIV.  Test more frequently if unprotected intercourse occurs.

Also, note that it is possible to have an STI and show no signs or symptoms, and the only way of knowing is by testing.

Kind regards

Jim

Please Note.
As a member of the "Do I have HIV?" Forum, you are required to only post in this one thread no matter how long between visits or the subject matter. You can find this thread by going to your profile and selecting show own post, and it will take you here. It helps to keep all your questions in one thread and helps other readers to follow the discussion. Any additional threads will be deleted.
I guess I'm one of those people. I logged on a while ago and read that a couple of old friends from here have since died, which was sad.

I do miss a lot of the good times I had with people here, but there was also some absolutely horrific shit that went down. I guess I ended up feeling burned and just sort of left. I was absolutely no angel, trust me. But it got bad, and I ended up spending time elsewhere.

In any event, I hope everyone here is doing well! I've been poz for sixteen years now, which is pretty wild. On balance, this place was a valuable resource when I was a newbie. So thank you for that.
« Last post by fabio on Today at 03:39:47 am »
Good news everyone,I just did the first dose of my vaccine (the moderna one) and I feel...absolutely fine. No complications whatsoever (well,duh...).
The doctor was a bit rude ...The nurse was kind and nice though .
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2021 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.