Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:31:44 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 424
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 371
Total: 372

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Vegemite, Marmite... or... Marmite, Vegemite........  (Read 21417 times)

Offline Moffie65

• Living POZ since 1983
Vegemite, Marmite... or... Marmite, Vegemite........
« on: June 07, 2006, 10:00:43 am »
Well kids, I just don't know what to say about this thread.  I am starting this, due to my childhood cravings that are still with me to this day. (age 59).

The other day, while in Cost Plus Imports in Tucson, I found the Marmite, and was overjoyed.  Check out the price tag.  $4.99 for an embarrassingly small bottle of Marmite??????????????  You must be kidding.  I knew I should have bought stock when I was a kid.  Then, there on the shelf, about six inches away, and huddled in with some other products, was this singular bottle of Vegemite.  Having never tasted Vegemite, and only hearing about it in passing; I looked at the price tag, and the weight.  HMMMMMM.  $2.99, and the contents were a few grams more.  Well, I said, I cannot afford to squander great sums of money on something that is used merely for darkening an already dark piece of toast, so I purchased the Vegemite.

Upon returning home, I opened the bottle, and took a deep and appreciative whiff of the contents.  Not bad, and not quite as pungent as the "other" brand from the other side of the world.  Seems a tad bit lighter in color, and just a bit thinner in texture.  Neither of these things put me off, as I placed the tip of my little finger in the jar, and brought the dark, tar-like goo to my tongue.  HMMMM.  Not bad taste either.  Not quite as strong as the Marmite, but then I always took the taste for granted; given the fact that I never had experienced anything BUT the Marmite product.  

Well folks, this old fairy, must report that through my own frugality, I have discovered something that I never knew.  The Aussies have created and perfected a product that is far superior to the English counterpart, and to my taste, is far more satisfying than anything I have ever tasted from the Globelike bottle before.  I think I will stick with the Vegemite from now on.  First I save two dollars, and second, the taste, oooooh the taste.  No comparison.  

I do hope this thread starts a really important discussion about the merits of each, and now let's see what comes of this surprising discovery on  my part.  Also, I would love to have input on ways that you use Vegemite, beyond the smear on the toast or biscuit/scone.

Personally, I think it makes a delicious lubricant also, albeit a tad bit messy looking, but is easily cleaned up with the tongue.  

In Love, and Anticipation.

[attachment deleted by admin]
The Bible contains 6 admonishments to homosexuals,
and 362 to heterosexuals.
This doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals,
It's just that they need more supervision.
Lynn Lavne

Offline Dachshund

Re: Vegemite, Marmite... or... Marmite, Vegemite........
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2006, 10:29:14 am »
Dear Moffie,

With all due respect to you and our Aussie brothers and sisters....Vegemite might be one of the most vile substances on the face of the earth. How it qualifies as a food is beyond me? Please, for full disclosure list the ingredients.

I spent two of the best years of my life teaching "down under" but never could acquire a taste for the stuff. It is repulsive!

However,it is a dandy substitute for axel grease.

Ta,
Hal :-X

Offline Moffie65

• Living POZ since 1983
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2006, 11:53:01 am »
Your Wish........ in order of content...

Yeast Extract
Salt
Potassium Chloride
Malt Extract
Caramel Color
Natural Flavor
Nicotinamide
Thiamine Hydrochloride
Riboflavin
Sulfur Dioxide.

I see that this contains a load of stuff that is really beneficial for those with HIV.  Very intense therapy, without the artificial chemical base.

I am so sorry you couldn't come to enjoy this tasty little delicacy.  To each their own.  I would highly warn about using this for axle grease, as the temperatures in an axle, are far to high for this organic, natural substance, and would cause seizing.

In Love ....
Lynn Lavne

Offline Lwood

• Here's Lookin At You....
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2006, 12:02:54 pm »
Aside from some anecdotes, Ive never heard much about Vegemite but you have officially peaked my interist...
A list of its ingredients would be helpfull, how would you describe the taste?  I miss Cost Plus, and I had forgotten about the foods and wines they had from around the world. Something tells me that I wont find vegemite in the 'Ethnic Foods' section of my local Grocery Store but I vaguely recall seeing it somewhere recently...
"Fortunately, I Keep My T Cells Numbered For Just Such An Emergency"
  -Either Foghorn Leghorn or Johnny Cash

Offline Moffie65

• Living POZ since 1983
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2006, 12:09:14 pm »
Since I donated the list of ingredients while you were typing, I will move on to the taste.  Aussies, please be kind............  I am after all, a Yank.

In Order of Intensity,

Salty
Sharp
Meaty
Spicy
Sea Like
Semen

That is just now what I am experiencing with a finger full on the tongue.

Texture, now that is a picture of a completely different color.

HMMMMMM Good.!
Lynn Lavne

Offline Lwood

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2006, 12:23:33 pm »
thats one weird list of ingredients, so its basicly a flavored yeast and malt extract.... which tastes like spiced semen?
Ive experienced that usually a day or so after some curry  :P   
hmmmmm  so  would this be 'Cum on a Crumpet'?  might make for an eclectic breakfast experience along with some good ol'  'Shit on A Shingle'  Cum and Shit, whats not to like ? Good way to get rid of annoying in-Laws.

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2006, 12:35:14 pm »
Moff ol' dear,

I could not get Dingoes to eat Vegemite....but one did eat me baybie! Ummm,
canned semen...whatever will they think of next?

Cheers,

Offline Lwood

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2006, 12:43:34 pm »
Wouldn't it be cheaper and more fun to just go blow a few sailors after they had beer and Mexican Food ??

Edit: EEEP, I forgot that Moffie is in Arizona, so this may be the next best thing  ;)
« Last Edit: June 07, 2006, 12:46:20 pm by Lwood »

Offline Moffie65

• Living POZ since 1983
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2006, 04:32:24 pm »
Thanks so much for the laugh guys, I really needed it today. 

Glad you guys are here. ;D

In Love.
Lynn Lavne

Offline JohnOso

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2006, 04:44:41 pm »
LMAO!  You guys are just too, too much!

Tim, re: the list of ingredients...could I get the same thing by drinking a dark beer?   :P

John
(who is not a vegan, and would prefer chile con queso dip as a personal lubricant)

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2006, 05:27:13 pm »
I'm surprised Little Steve hasn't chimed in here. I remember him saying that as a little bloke a vegemite sandwich was the only school lunch he'd eat.

Like Little Steve and all my countrymen I was raised on Vegemite. We're fed the stuff from the earliest age possible, hence we acquire a taste for it. I can well imagine the unprepared American taste-buds shrivelling in horror under it's salty assault. The Brits usually take to it, because of Marmite. Marmite in Australia is different to the Marmite from the UK and we have two other options. Promite (vegetable extract not yeast like Vegemite) which I quite like and Aussiemite which is the patriotic option, being made by an Australian owned company. Vegemite is made by the Kraft company and thus is US owned.

The secret to appreciating Vegemite (especially for those of a sensitive palate) is to use it sparingly. Hot well buttered toast with a thin evenly applied layer of Vitamin V is excellent for recovering from a hangover.

MtD

Offline Moffie65

• Living POZ since 1983
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2006, 05:40:00 pm »
John,  Since my drink is anything with Rum, I am not a particularly good one to ask about the comparrison between the "silken tar" and the hopps.

Matty, you bring up an interesting point.  Yes, I noticed that Kraft does own this tidy little product, but my dear, I have never shied away from supporting Kraft recently, as it is a Wholy Owned Subsidiary of PHILLIP MORRIS Tobacco, along with Samsonite and several very bland companies.  So you see, smoke Phillip Morris cigarretts, and then fortify the body with Vegemite.  Thanks for checking in with this thread so early in your morning.  What a way to start the day.  ;D

So, I will have to check and see if I can Google the Aussiemite product and see who the U.S. distributor is.  At one time, I tasted the Pomite and didn't like it as much as this fine product. 

For those interested, try cruising the Vegemite website right here. http://www.vegemite.com.au/index.cfm?fuseaction=VegemiteInfo.welcome

I do know that it makes a smashing mixture with softened cream cheese, and then spread on a crisp piece of sourdough bread from San Francisco.  Oh shit, now I have to go get a snack.  I hate talking about food.  NOT

In Love.
Lynn Lavne

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2006, 06:02:54 pm »
Daddy Tim,

I can't stand Aussiemite. A vastly inferior product to Vegemite. My favourite brand of smokes is made by British American Tobacco. ;)

MtD
(Who has Vegemite toast every morning)

Offline fearless

« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2006, 08:47:49 pm »
Vegemite it is. It's the one and only. Everything else is just a poor imitation.

Funny you should mention dark beer, JohnOsso, because that is where Vegemite comes from - they use brewer's yeast. It is also one of the 'world's richest sources of vitamin B'. Vitamin B is a good de-stresser and perhaps why us Aussies always have a "She'll be right mate" attitude.

Matty is right, I used to have a vegemite roll every day for lunch. It was all that I lived on and I've already got Hazel and Leo eating the stuff at 10 months old. There is nothing like vegemite toast to start the day. Unlike Matty though, I love it thick and fullsome, though thin and sparing is a good way to start. It actually makes quite a nice hot drink too, akin to Bonox, by placing a teaspoonfull in a mug and adding hot water.

For a brief period in the late 1920's, in attempt to increase sales over the pommie Marmite, they changed the name to Parwill and used the advertising slogan "Marmite, but Parwill". cute.

I will see what I can do to organise it so that you all have a chance to sample this fine, fine product when you meet, greet and eat in Montreal.

Little Steve
(who is one happy little vegemite)

« Last Edit: June 07, 2006, 08:59:20 pm by fearless »
Be forgiving, be grateful, be optimistic

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2006, 09:22:56 pm »
Ah, Little Steve, but you're tough! Three inches of Vegemite on your toast is nothing to you! Our American friends would most likely gag to death, if they encountered that. ;)

MtD

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2006, 09:48:01 pm »
......ah,I remember it well. Fresh off the boat in Melbourne our host served Vegemite on toast for breakie. Thirty years later and I still can't get the taste out of my mouth. Jadore everyone and everything Australian...but I would rather eat a bucket of chitlins.

Fair dinkum,

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2006, 10:06:20 pm »
......ah,I remember it well. Fresh off the boat in Melbourne our host served Vegemite on toast for breakie. Thirty years later and I still can't get the taste out of my mouth. Jadore everyone and everything Australian...but I would rather eat a bucket of chitlins.

Fair dinkum,

Poor Daschy the Doxie!

Vegemite (well anything that ends in -mite) is potent stuff. Many of your Fellow Americans, have had a similar reaction. I even remember an exchange student from Wisconsin who puked everywhere after an encounter with Vitiamin V.

Ah, good times.

MtD

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2006, 05:55:36 am »
Have you guys lost your minds?

Everyone who's anyone knows MARMITE is far superior.

So there. :P

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2006, 08:50:58 am »
Unfortunately, because it contains malt and caramel color, I will probably never know what it tastes like.

These gluten-containing ingredients are verboten for me, as I fear is Vitamin V.

:-\
Mark
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline Teresa

« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2006, 11:36:19 am »
Ok i have never heard of Vegemite or Marmite. I will have to look for it in the stores...what aisle would it be in??

When i first saw this thread i thought it had to do with an epsoide of "I Love Lucy" where she was doing a comercial for something that sounds alot like Vegemite and it made her drunk. Funny epsiode.

Teresa
Hubby HIV+ 5/5/06
CD4:320
  %: 26.7
 VL: <20
Atripla (started it 8/24/06)

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2006, 11:45:50 am »

.....you will need to be drunk to enjoy Vegemite...go to the "looks like tar" section of your grocery store.

Hal :P

Offline Moffie65

• Living POZ since 1983
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2006, 12:00:06 pm »
Teresa,
Look for it in the Deli section or in the foreign foods section.  If you have a whole foods store, it would surely be there.  Make sure to use Matty's instructions for a first time user, as it can be quite distasteful to the inexperienced palate the first time out.  Ref. All of Hal's posts to this thread.  He just doesn't have enough immagination to find ways to use this fine delecacy.

Hal,
I want to go shopping in your store, I love tar, but find it very difficult to shop for in a grocery store.  Tee Hee.
Lynn Lavne

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2006, 12:17:12 pm »

....As I said in the condiments thread I can't sit idly by while Tim pushes this vile glop on unsuspecting Vegemite virgins here in the good ol' U S of A. Next thing you know he will have us playing Australian Rules Footie. Be forwarned Teresa, Vegemite will remove a layer of skin from your tongue and make you lose your hair. Remember what Nancy Reagan said...."Just Say NO To Yeast Extract"

Oh the humanity!

Offline Teresa

« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2006, 12:34:45 pm »
LMAO..you guys are soo funny.

Teresa
Hubby HIV+ 5/5/06
CD4:320
  %: 26.7
 VL: <20
Atripla (started it 8/24/06)

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2006, 04:32:45 pm »
Have you guys lost your minds?

Everyone who's anyone knows MARMITE is far superior.

So there. :P

Ann

This post is CLEARLY a flame bait, designed to incite warfare between the Brits and the Aussies. Goderator Ann I'm reporting you to, well, yourself.  ??? I'm sure you know what to do with yourself dear. ;D

MtD

Offline BB

« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2006, 05:10:13 pm »
Gawd help me, I think I'll take the plunge and try some of this stuff, assuming I can find the concoction.

What do you put the goopy on, bread? What kind of bread; raisin, rosemary, wheat, rye, pumpernickel????

Will I need something to kill the after taste? Will I need to keep a clear path to the bathroom (toilet) just in case? This stuff isn't going to stink up my home will it?

Jeeze, this feels like the first time I tried chitlin's ( cow tummy - boiled ).  ;D

Bill
Damn the Torpedoes! Full speed ahead! Adm. D. Farragut.

Started Atripla 8/18/06 and if I eat the right food when I take my meds, I get to go on a-trip-la.

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2006, 05:24:24 pm »
....I am warning you Bill contrary to all that has been written praising Vegemite, as a fellow American I can't with clear concious let you make that choice without a warning. You will lose your eyesight and hearing...and dare I say it your"libido". On the island of Tasmania farmers spread it around their fields to keep out the most feared animal in the southern hemisphere...the "Tasmanian Devil". You ingest it at your own peril...join me in an oath of Vegemite abstinence. Don't let Tim lead you down the path to certain vegemite addiction.

Peace be with you my son.

ps chitlins are pig intestines...yum

Offline BB

« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2006, 06:16:15 pm »
Good gawd, I ate pig intestines?  No wonder I have hiv! At least now I know how I got infected.

So what is boiled cow tummy called?

Either way, I remember the poor cook standing in a field by himself cleaning whatever part of the dead animal we ended up eating.

Vegemite or Marmite, do either one of these have pig intestines in it? I figure if I could eat chitlins, this Brit and Aussie stuff will be easy to munch down.

Bill, (who is going over to the dark side)

Pray for me!

Started Atripla 8/18/06 and if I eat the right food when I take my meds, I get to go on a-trip-la.

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2006, 06:28:26 pm »

.....don't say I didn't warn you boy. Cow tummy is tripe.

H

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2006, 06:33:49 pm »
....I am warning you Bill contrary to all that has been written praising Vegemite, as a fellow American I can't with clear concious let you make that choice without a warning. You will lose your eyesight and hearing...and dare I say it your"libido". On the island of Tasmania farmers spread it around their fields to keep out the most feared animal in the southern hemisphere...the "Tasmanian Devil". You ingest it at your own peril...join me in an oath of Vegemite abstinence. Don't let Tim lead you down the path to certain vegemite addiction.

Peace be with you my son.

ps chitlins are pig intestines...yum

Tasmanian Devils, bah. No bigger than cats. Vegemite is ACTUALLY used (and Little Steve will confirm this) to repel the dreaded Drop Bear. Related to the koala, the drop bear is a vicious predator that lurks in trees. It waits until it's prey (pretty much anything, but female swedish backpackers in particular) wander beneath and then it drops down, tearing the poor victim to pieces with razor claws and fangs.

The application of Vegemite to the face will prevent such a tragedy.

MtD

Offline BB

« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2006, 06:36:51 pm »
I wonder if Vegemite is good with peanut butter, cause peanut butter on toast is goooood.

Just sayin, and drop bears be damn.

Bill

Offline fearless

« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2006, 07:39:58 pm »
If you can put peanut butter and jelly together and stomach it, vegemite will be fine, savoury but fine.

Best to start as per Matty's instruction - a suggestion of vegemite on a slice of hot toast with butter. Vegemite and cheese makes a nice sandwhich but best you get used to the taste of the stuff first. It's not that bad really, in fact it is a taste sensation. I think the problem stems from people expecting it to somehow be sweet. Moffie summed up the taste sensation perfectly. It's very salty. It puts a rose on every cheek.

They are both made in a very similar fashion, they're both vegetarian and by-products of beer production.  Some of the difference may be down to the difference between our beers.

The stuff which leaves the brewery is the scrapings from the bottom of the fermenting tank.  Like solidified froth it goes off in open topped barrels to the Marmite factory.  Each barrel is filled no more than 1/3 full because if the stuff gets damp it starts frothing like mad as the yeast is reactivated.  The horses in the brewery love it and some of the old draymen liked a taste too.  :o ;D (sometimes it's best not to know how where you food comes from!)

Oh yeah, cats just love licking vegemite off your fingers, so much so that they will lick your finger to the bone if you let them. It's the saltiness they like.

« Last Edit: June 08, 2006, 09:33:30 pm by fearless »

Offline fearless

« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2006, 07:51:08 pm »
And when we say spread it thinly, we do means thinly, 5 grams is the recommended serving.
see how not to spread vegemite: http://cockeyed.com/inside/vegemite/vegemite.html
to get the real story look here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/A195202

Offline Moffie65

• Living POZ since 1983
« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2006, 07:56:28 pm »
I particularly like it with sardines on some french bread, slightly toasted.

Alert, alert, alert..... These boys from down under, are not joking, when they say butter, they mean butter.   Not any of the magical concoctions that are produced in the U.S. to imitate the buttery taste of real butter.  Somhow, nothing quite enhances the taste of Vegemite, other than real butter.  HOWEVER, there is one more of the Taste Sensations, that it will mix with very nicely as a base for a nice fresh summer salad.  I will let you all figure out which taste sensation I am refering to.

Just sayin,......
Lynn Lavne

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #34 on: June 09, 2006, 12:33:17 am »
And when we say spread it thinly, we do means thinly, 5 grams is the recommended serving.
see how not to spread vegemite: http://cockeyed.com/inside/vegemite/vegemite.html
to get the real story look here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/A195202

Read this link and I rest my case. I am too weary to warn of the dangers of Vegemite any longer. Powerless against the Vegemite Vigilantes and their Vegemite fables. I leave this thread a broken Vegemite victim.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2006, 12:40:00 am by Dachshund »

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #35 on: June 09, 2006, 08:52:02 am »
This post is CLEARLY a flame bait, designed to incite warfare between the Brits and the Aussies. Goderator Ann I'm reporting you to, well, yourself.  ??? I'm sure you know what to do with yourself dear. ;D

MtD

Damn, no, please, no. Do I really have to punish myself? You do know what the punishment for this sort of infraction of the rules... Yep, that's right, I have to eat some VEGEMITE!

ARRGGHH!
b'nanny

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #36 on: June 09, 2006, 09:21:51 am »
You all would eat shit if it was put in a jar. That is the grosses stuff next to liver and onions. Gag, puke, upchuck, vomit.

Offline BB

« Reply #37 on: June 09, 2006, 11:34:06 am »
RapidRod you mutt, liver and onions are tops!

As for the Brits and Aussies, me thinks Dachshund is correct. The people in those parts of the world will put anything in their mouths and call it food unless the critter is fast enough to crawl back out before being munched.

What is that sheep dip stuffed stomach thing the Brits eat and I bet the Aussie's ancestors, Aborigines I think they were called, quite probably put Vegemite on bugs and scarfed em down with a beer chaser of course. ;D

Maybe I'm coming around to the reality that eating beer scrappings might be only for the heavily inebriated, or for those poor children who were told "it's OK to eat beer scrappings". Probably made the little buggers go to sleep.

Gud day gov. ;D

unsigned

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #38 on: June 09, 2006, 12:38:34 pm »
One final warning BB. You don't want to take too many pot-shots at the boys from down under. A sweeter group of lads does not exist under the Southern Cross. Slow to anger....but hell hath no fury. You think vegemite is venomous? I have a feeling you ain't seen nothing yet.

Forgive him boys....he knows not what he says.

Hal

(who is quivering awaiting the impending Aussie onslaught) :'(

Offline BB

« Reply #39 on: June 09, 2006, 12:49:27 pm »
Not to worry. They all know my BS is all in fun, even annn.

BB

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #40 on: June 09, 2006, 07:24:15 pm »
Not to worry. They all know my BS is all in fun, even annn.

BB

Oi you, I left my third N in the old forum, thank you very much.

Get with the times man, get with the times!

b'nanny

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline fearless

« Reply #41 on: June 09, 2006, 09:47:09 pm »
No worries BB. It's all true  :o

The only country in the world where it is legal to eat the animals on it's Coat of Arms. ;D.
http://www.diggerhistory.info/images/flags/ccoa.jpg
« Last Edit: June 09, 2006, 10:01:57 pm by fearless »

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
« Reply #42 on: June 11, 2006, 11:31:36 pm »
I love liver and onions - with sliced mushrooms, served with mashed potatoes and liver gravy, collard greens and fried okra.

BB, I hate to break this to you, but there are many of us who would eat just about anything stuffed in our mouths. :o

I like to say I'll eat anything that doesn't get out of my way fast enough - and a few things that have tried.  8)

HUGS and HUNGER PANGS,

Mark
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #43 on: June 11, 2006, 11:39:29 pm »
I love liver too. Except down here we call it "lamb's fry". I like it with bacon and brown onion gravy. I'm also a fan of kidney, ox-tongue, crumbed brains and just about any offal (the internal organs of animals) you care to name.

Except tripe. I hate tripe.

-spews at the thought of tripe-

MtD

Offline JohnOso

« Reply #44 on: June 12, 2006, 03:07:28 am »
You all would eat shit if it was put in a jar.

ONLY if they hired Jessica Simpson in her Daizy Dukes to market it. 

And even then, I'd have to picture Nick Lachey while shoving it down my throat.   ;)

John
(who still can't forgive his grandmother for mixing cow brains into the scrambled eggs at the breakfast table while growing up)

Offline DingoBoi

• Bailey's Infected Cream™ Served since 2004
« Reply #45 on: June 12, 2006, 01:33:02 pm »
UGH, i think i'm gonna be nauseous after reading this thread.  :'(

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.