Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 10:28:22 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773185
  • Total Topics: 66334
  • Online Today: 533
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 528
Total: 529

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Oral sex i need your advise please help!!!  (Read 3530 times)

Offline WorriedWoman

• Standard
Oral sex i need your advise please help!!!
« on: April 22, 2013, 08:27:20 am »
Hello everyone, i am glad that are still people that can help others with their advices.
I know that you are very well informed and i read many stories similar to mine and the answer was always the same and that was pretty comfort for the mind, well let me tell you my worries about my story, on Augoust 2011 i met a man  51 years old and we see eachother several times, unfortunately i perform to him unprotected oral sex and he enjaculate in my mouth for four times and i never swallow,he also did to me cunnilingus  and always we made protected sex, my oral was in very good condition but i had brush my teeth before all the times. I asked him after all our meetings if he had tested and he told me that everything is ok
and he is negative, i asked him again and again because i couldnt have peace of mind and the answer was the same, he told me not to think about it, one other thing that i say to myself is that he is working in Dubai for many many years and i know that in visa renewal if someone tested positive will deported from the authorities but some clinics i read that hide results. So i want to ask you a question, you say that saliva contains many things that can make the virus weak and indeed i found a study that became with saliva and the saliva lets say it wins against the virus, so what if some people have weak saliva, what if i have a weak saliva?
Please give an answer according all above, i can't make my mind calm.
Thank you so much.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
Re: Oral sex i need your advise please help!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2013, 08:50:43 am »
Even if the man in question was/is HIV positive, the risk for HIV from giving oral is only theoretical. Oral sex is one of the most common of sexual activities. Receiving oral is absolutely no risk. As for giving oral, your saliva contains over a dozen elements and proteins which very effectively prevent the transmission of viable HIV.

There have been several longterm studies of sero-discordant couples, both gay and straight. They all had lots of mutual oral sex unprotected and only protected vaginal and anal intercourse. The results were that not a single sero-negative partner seroconverted.

So you are worrying needlessly. There's no need for testing. Get on with your life and just make sure anytime you have intercourse your partner is always wearing a condom.No exceptions. 
Andy Velez

Offline WorriedWoman

• Standard
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2013, 09:18:15 am »
Thank you very much Andy for your quick answer, one more question i have, the saliva "fights" against the virus the same to all the people? the study i found it became to negative men, women, children and positive men and the saliva made the virus uneffective to all the cases above, is the saliva always strong enough to make the virus uneffective?
I know yes i should go on with my life and leave this behind, i trust you, you know much more about this and you are well informed from the studies, and i checked also a lot by myself to find answers and you confirm them. God bless you and i will try to make my mind in peace again.

Offline WorriedWoman

• Standard
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2013, 08:21:21 am »
Hello again, i asked about how strong saliva is but i got no answer.
The people that were infected from oral sex they have probably very bad condition in their mouth?
Please answer me, thank you.

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2013, 01:46:47 pm »
Hello again, i asked about how strong saliva is but i got no answer.
The people that were infected from oral sex they have probably very bad condition in their mouth?
Please answer me, thank you.

I wasn't certain you had asked a question in your last posting, apologies.

Certain conditions can affect the body's ability to produce saliva. I urge you to google "meth mouth" for an example. People who take crystal methamphetamine, for example, often end up with horrible oral health because of this. Their teeth rot out, they develop terrible ulcers in the mouth, all because saliva is not present to protect them.

People with these types of oral health, which are extreme, would theoretically be susceptible to HIV through giving fellatio if their partner was HIV positive and had a high viral load. This is theoretical of course, since no ethical study can confirm or deny this in vivo.

So unless your oral health is to the extreme I mentioned, there is nothing to worry about. And if your oral health is as bad as I mentioned, I daresay that HIV is not the worst thing you need to worry about.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.