Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 11:33:59 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37651
  • Latest: Toropi_
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773288
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 795
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 583
Total: 583

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: exposure was insertive receptive oral sex for 15 seconds. Please help! Please.  (Read 11718 times)

Offline jasenjam

• Standard
Hi, first time posting here. Very nervous. Major anxiety.

I'll cut to the point.

1. My exposure: I was in the Philippines for vacation. I went to a strip club and hung out with a stripper. She started to give me a hand job and then suddenly started giving me oral sex for about 5-8 seconds. I pushed her head off thinking of the exposure. She continued to give me a hand job, then she started giving me oral sex again for 4-5 seconds this time. Then I pushed her off and just told her to give me a hand job until I came. I freaked out immediately after finishing and then went to the restroom and urinated several times and then washed my penis.

2. Symptoms:

About 1.5 to 2 weeks after exposure.

I started feeling some phlegm in my throat or lungs. Did abdominal breathing and coughed it out. It was about 1CC of clear phlegm. I thought it was my lungs so I started taking amoxicillin.  The day this started, I flew back home to the States. The minimal clear phlegm continued for a couple of days.  After taking amoxicilin for 2-3 days stopped taking it. When I stopped taking it, the same night I had a fever for only that one night.  The next day I had strong facial PRESSURE on the right side of my face (sinus area). I looked at the back of my throat with a flash light and saw that the RIGHT side of the back wall of my throat  was slightly swollen. The left side of the pharynx was normal. This was when, I started coughing up dark green phlegm. Also green/yellow phlegm from my nose when snorting it out. I began to feel fatigued, and coughing up green phlegm from lungs and nose. The day after the fever, I just felt weak and had the chills during that one day and then after that day I stopped feeling weak and was able to do daily activities such as gym, drive, walk, but I would still feel tired.  At this time I’m already freaking out and the anxiety level is sky high and I’m just emotionally stressed from all these symptoms.

Week 3 after exposure: Feeling normal, minimal fatigue. Still extreme stress and anxiety.

I started taking amoxicillin again 3 times a day when I felt the sinus pressure on my face. After taking the amoxicillin for 2 days, the sinus pressure went away,  but the RIGHT side of my throat was still raised and still coughing up green/yellow phlegm from nose and lungs.  I didn’t have much of a sore throat. I was able to eat normally and swallow food and saliva without pain. I stopped taking amoxicillin after taking it for 3-4 days, cause I started freaking out about oral thrush and thought that the antibiotics caused it. The back area of my tongue was slightly yellow for 1 week. I was able to brush it off with a toothbrush. So I believed that I didn’t have oral thrush. There were two days in WEEK 3 when I woke up in the morning, finding that my pillow was slightly wet from my sweat and minimal sweat on my chest, then I freaked out and I thought it was night sweats, but I didn’t have a fever or felt sick before I went to sleep. But at this time I was extremely stressed and even had nightmares of HIV infection. So I figured it was just me stressing out and having a nightmare that caused the sweats for 2 days. To make things even more stressful, I got a canker sore on tip of my tongue. Confirmed by dentist friend. I don’t know how I got it.  Maybe from biting tongue, or eating hot food, or even stress/anxiety?

I didn’t have swollen lymph nodes that I know of. I felt the ones in my neck next to my submandibular glands and they were just pea sized. I didn’t feel any in my arm pits or any in my groin area.

Right now, I’m at 4 weeks post exposure and I feel normal, I have good energy and not fatigued, and doing every day things gym, etc. The right side of the back wall of throat is still red. I don’t have a sore throat.  I don’t have night sweats, No fever, no sinus pressure.  but I’m still coughing up LIGHT green phlegm ONLY in the mornings and snorting out yellow snot from my nose. EACH day the phlegm gets lighter and less volume. Throughout the day, 4-5 times I cough up a small amount clear mucus from the lungs. The canker sore on tip of tongue has almost healed.

Being Tired of the green phlegm, I started taking amoxicillin again yesterday, and my phlegm got lighter in color and the RIGHT side of the back wall of the throat started getting less red this morning. 

3. My questions

A. Did my exposure put me at a high risk or risk for HIV transmission? Total of 15 seconds of receiving oral sex from a female.

B. Do my symptoms show signs of ARS symptoms? Ive searched that congestion and dark green phlegm from sinus' and lungs does not add up to HIV ARS symptoms. I’m really hoping it was just a sinus infection or just a flu. P

C. Can ARS fever only last a day?

I’m so sorry to bother anyone and really sorry for the long message. I’ve been massively stressed and my anxiety has caused me to be extremely depressed. I’ve been extremely stressed since I got back to the States (3 weeks straight).  I’ve been researching the internet about the symptoms everyday and I read that congestion and phlegm do add up to HIV ARS symptoms. But I just want experts to give me their opinion on my symptoms. Please help me with this. I’m so worried/stressed/ and depressed. The stress and anxiety causes me to just stay in my room and research this. I have to force myself to get out and walk around and not think about it.

The reason why I took the amoxicillin was because my cousin who lives with me is a surgeon and gave me amoxicillin for the congestion. He doesn’t know about my exposure.

Thank you so much. Please help me, I'm am so scared.

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
You did not have an exposure to HIV from getting a blow job . The risk for sexually transmitted comes from unprotected anal and vaginal sex . No exposure means no ARS so if you are sick go see your doctor and find out why ... its not HIV .

Here's what you need to know in order to avoid hiv infection:

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL sexually transmitted infections together.

To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with an STI. Sex without a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through the condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

Although you did not have a risk and do not need to test for this specific incident , anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results.

Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv. Some of the other STIs can be present with no obvious symptoms, so the only way to know for sure is to test.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple!
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline jasenjam

• Standard
There was NO risk? even if it was for half a minute max?

I didn't check or know the oral health of the stripper. Would bad oral health be considered a factor in transmission?

Thank you so much for your help.

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
There was NO risk? even if it was for half a minute max?

I didn't check or know the oral health of the stripper. Would bad oral health be considered a factor in transmission?

Thank you so much for your help.

It was not a risk . The theoretical risk for oral transmission of HIV comes from GIVING a blow job to a man with a high HIV viral load while you have significant open wounds in your mouth, and there have only been a scant few cases of that in 30 years ... no one has been infected from getting a blow job .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline jasenjam

• Standard
It was not a risk . The theoretical risk for oral transmission of HIV comes from GIVING a blow job to a man with a high HIV viral load while you have significant open wounds in your mouth, and there have only been a scant few cases of that in 30 years ... no one has been infected from getting a blow job .

So youre confident that it is not a risk?
What is the theoretical risk of transmission from RECEIVING a blowjob from a man with high viral load? or is there none?

I know you don't like to respond to questions about symptoms, but what is your opinion of my symptoms.
1-2 day fever. Nasal and lung production of green phlegm. Fatigue. Canker sore on tongue. etc.

I took an oraquick test yesterday, and it came out negative. So I am a bit relieved.

Thank you so much for answering my questions.

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
I am absolutely confident you did not have a risk and that getting a blow job is not a risk for HIV ... it is simply not the way HIV is transmitted . As a matter of fact had you been the guy giving the blow job to guy with HIV it would not have been a risk in your situation because its so rare and you need significant open wounds for it to be a slight risk . 

Saliva contains proteins and enzymes that damage HIV and render it unable to infect and that is another fact that makes the risk for oral transmission such a rare thing . No one has been infected with HIV from getting a BJ . Here is a couples study that was extensive and through about oral sex where one partner had HIV and the other did not . Its peer reviewed science on oral transmission .

There have been no fewer than three separate serodiscordant couples studies (where one person is HIV positive, the other negative.) These couples were tracked for three. five and ten years. The couples used condoms for penetrative vaginal and anal sex, but NO BARRIER at all for oral sex. Any kind of oral sex.

These studies yielded NO infections.

Your symptoms have nothing to do with HIV so go see a doc and find out whats making you sick .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline jasenjam

• Standard
Exposure:
I'm a male. 30-40 seconds of RECEIVING oral sex from female stripper in phillipines while on vacation. exposure was on 5/26.

Tested:

Tested at 5-6 weeks post exposure using Oraquick swab method back in the US. NEGATIVE

Tested again at 84/85 days post exposure using the same method. NEGATIVE.

I didn't realize it wasn't 90 days :(        Now I'm kind of tripping out.

I've been sifting through this forum about oral sex and I've seen the responses from Jeff G all over that receiving oral sex is not a risk. But scenarios such as "significant wounds in her mouth" or "open sores" have been popping up in my head. I don't know the dental hygiene of the stripper.

Can anyone explain how severe would these " significant wounds" should be like in order to get hiv from oral sex.

Also can I be confident with my my results at 84/85 days post "exposure".

thanks for your time.

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
You should have read more carefully . Those significant open wounds would have to be in your mouth while you were sucking a dick ... not getting yours sucked . You have never read that I said getting your dick sucked is a risk for HIV .

You never had a risk, never needed testing and do not have HIV . You are conclusively HIV negative if this is your only concern .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
And ... only post in this one thread no matter how long between visits or the subject matter, you can find this thread by going to your profile and selecting show own post and it will take you here .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline jasenjam

• Standard
Jeff, Thanks for replying to my post.

I'm sorry for mentioning that you said there may be a risk with open wounds and receiving fellatio.

And yes you never said that in any of your posts...for any readers reading that I said that.

At this point, I'm being a hypochondriac. I cant seem to get over the fact that you said that there is NO RISK with receiving oral sex. And that's my fault. I should believe you, but my mind isn't letting me. I'm trying though.

That's why I've been testing myself with the Oraquick kits. But lets just say that there was a different situation where there was risk. Would you be confident with a negative result at 84/85 days post exposure?

thanks.

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
Yes ... I would be confident in advising you that you are conclusively HIV negative . I have not seen a test change to positive this late in the game EVER ... so put this behind you and move on ... its over man .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
I see you lingering over this thread ... You really are HIV negative so give up this fear and move on . I promise you your test will not change .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline jasenjam

• Standard
thanks Jeff with the follow up. I really appreciate it. I've never paid for a subscription to any forum before, but I thought that it was worth it and good that there is a support system such as this for people like me in the future.

My last and final question. It's geared more towards clearing up the whole oral sex thing for future readers, as I'm now 90% convinced that I'm negative, thanks to your support.

As you've said you can NOT get hiv from receiving oral sex. From a receptive standpoint, does that still apply even if the person giving oral to you has "substantial wounds in his/her mouth". These substantial wounds I'm picturing in my mind can range from ulcers, canker sores, someone accidentally biting tongue before giving oral, brushing teeth, tooth removal, getting punched in the face multiple times before giving oral, profusely bleeding in the mouth, ETC.

I'm only stating these "substantial wounds" scenarios, because in these 3 months, I pictured the stripper having ALL of these scenarios. And I'm stating them because I know that people stressing out about this are sifting through the forums to find their specific type of scenario, and find comfort in these kind of answers. Shows how much of a hypochondriac I am. So if you can clear up this "gray area" of receptive oral sex and the kind of "substantial open wounds" scenarios for contracting hiv via receptive oral sex, I and many others would greatly appreciate it.

OR will the answer be no risk regardless of the scenarios.

Thank you again for your help. Much appreciated.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
Though I did not read through this whole long thread, I am sure you have been told this-HIV has got to have a direct entrance into the body.  This does not happen during oral sex.  Also, if the person had bleeding in their mouth, wouldn't you notice?  I know I would.  And how could someone strip while experiencing this (large amount of blood coming from sores in the mouth)?  I have experience in exotic dancing and I know we had to look good (including all "insides") if we expected to make money with customers. 

As I said, HIV has to have a direct entrance into the body.  This does not happen with receptive oral sex. 

Betty
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline jasenjam

• Standard
hey thanks for the reply.

My concern was if the stripper had bit something while she was stripping causing her to have an open wound. The stripper I saw dancing before she gave me oral sex was going at it pretty hard. Doing flips, sliding up and down the pole, slamming her body on the floor etc.

I dunno. My mind is wild.

hahah.

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
Listen ... no one in the history of the HIV epidemic has ever got HIV from getting a blow job ... and you have frigging tested negative ... go see a psychiatrist . We cant help with your anxiety on this issue and all of your questions have been answered . If you continue on with this will be given a time out . Its done .   
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.