Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 03:58:51 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37635
  • Latest: Ranoye
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773156
  • Total Topics: 66328
  • Online Today: 248
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 185
Total: 188

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: A Tough 8 Months  (Read 1783 times)

Offline joyluckclub

A Tough 8 Months
« on: January 28, 2007, 11:18:32 pm »
I have had a tough eight months.  I'm not giving up!

I was diagnosed July 14, 2006.  I had just quit my job to go to school full time.  After fighting to stay in school in December, my car was broken into and my laptop and radio were taken (both were hidden in the locked trunk).  Monday, I went to the clinic to do my blood draw.  Next, I went to my therapist's office for my weekly meeting.  I made sure I parked my car in a place that could be seen by everyone.  I also took my radio faceplate and my laptop computer. 

I came out 1 hour later and my car was gone!  The police department and insurance company were no help at all!  I used my cell phone history to track down the names, addresses, and criminal history records attached to those phone calls made on my stolen cell phone.  When I presented this evidence to the police, they looked at me like I was crazy.  He told me in no uncertain terms that my evidence was useless (he tried to bullshit around and say the people he contacted would just say they didn't know why someone would call their number).  I guess he went back into the office to finish off his Crispy Creme donuts and coffee.

I was so angry that I went to Dallas and looked around the addresses that were associated with the phone numbers dialed on my stolen cell phone.   

Interestingly enough, this type of incident would usually make me depressed, sad, angry, etc.  This time I just decided to fight.  I'm having the car repaired.   After repairs I will sell it.  I bought myself a "new" used car:   2003 Acura 3.2 TL   Burgundy with tan leather....I decided to treat myself.    In the next three days, I'm installing the Lo Jack system, a kill switch to the engine, and the car already has an alarm system.

I'm also buying a gun, pepper spray, and a stun gun.  I'm tired of being a victim.
"Honey, be who you is"  Madea.........

Offline Robert

Re: A Tough 8 Months
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2007, 02:07:39 am »
You're doing the right thing, that's for sure.  I'd be really pissed too.   

Power to the People!!

robert

(If I had any lynch, I'd help you!)

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2007, 10:10:28 am »
Hey Corwyn,

Wow, it was a tough time for you.

I agree, time to stop being a victim. But be careful. Just sayin . . .

HUGS,

Mark
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline bear60

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2007, 10:35:40 am »
I agree, you have been a victim long enough. But I dont know about the gun.  Remember the old saying.....what goes around comes around?  Well, you dont want no gun action coming around to bite you in the ass.
Poz Bear Type in Philadelphia

Offline Buckmark

• Would you like to tie me up with your ties, Ty?
    • Henry's Home Page
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2007, 04:22:31 pm »
I'm sorry for what you have had to go through recently with your car
being stolen, and I applaud you for being no longer being a victim.

If you are considering the purchase of a gun (handgun, I presume),
you should also get some professional training in how to use one,
as well as your rights and responsibilities regarding the use of deadly
force (that's what a gun is, after all).  If you are considering getting
your concealed handgun license, the licensing course should just be
the beginning of your training.

What bear60 points out below is absolutely true:  if you have a
handgun you must be prepared to assess the situation and use it
if you feel it is justified.  Otherwise, the likelihood is that the gun
will be turned around and used on you.

I used to be a concealed handgun instructor in Texas, where I
see you are also located.  So please feel free to PM me if you have
any questions.

Regards,

Henry
"Life in Lubbock, Texas, taught me two things:
     One is that God loves you and you're going to burn in hell.
     The other is that sex is the most awful, filthy thing on earth and you should save it for someone you love."
- Butch Hancock, Musician, The Flatlanders

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.