Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 07:17:56 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773294
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 718
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 709
Total: 711

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: I'm tired of people getting angry at me for this.  (Read 2195 times)

Offline Mouse

• Om nom nom.
I'm tired of people getting angry at me for this.
« on: November 09, 2007, 01:03:32 pm »
I'm sorry but I really have to rant because I'm so frustrated and hurt right now.

Recently I've been kind of sad because it seems all of my friends have a boyfriend or girlfriend but me. I know it's silly because I'm only 17 and I have plenty of time, blah blah blah. But it still bothers me and it makes me feel left out and shitty. Especially when I go to a party or something and everyone is like making out around or something and I'm just like, "... lol hay guys.".

It's awkward. And it sucks.

I've only really had... one actual relationship... relationship in which the actual purpose was to actually... date. Pretty much all of the other ones just called me their boyfriend so they had an excuse to pressure me into sex all the time. Well, Logan wasn't like that so much, either. BUT EVERYONE ELSE. That's two guys out of... a billion.

So, I was talking about it with a friend of mine and how much it hurt me that whenever it does seem that someone is interested in me, they wind up not actually being interested in ME but rather the fact that I don't really mind having sex early on/before an actual relationship. I suppose it's my fault because of the morals (lack of? lol) I have regarding that, but still, people just don't even usually pretend to have any respect for me with it and so I've kind of been trying to get away from that for a while now.

Well, my friend got all pissed off at me and was like, "WELL, AT LEAST GUYS ARE INTERESTED IN YOU AT ALL." And he got all annoyed and shit. And I was like. What? What kind of logic is that? I honestly would rather guys just stay away from me if they're going to use me. Seriously. I mean I understand the point that he's getting at that I don't seem to have trouble attracting guys USUALLY but I can't seem to actually get a real *~boyfriend~*. And it hurt me that he seems to think it's okay that none of those guys actually... you know... respect me... it's still preferrable because OMG THEY'RE INTERESTED.

I'm just annoyed right now. And pissed at him. I just think it's rude.

That and I'm super lonely right now. Lol. All of my ex boyfriends that I still talk to are in a relationship right now and it makes me feel like the loser out of all of them. Like I was the idiot or something because obviously they can get boyfriends and I cannot.

Offline marc11864

• I apologize for nothing!
Re: I'm tired of people getting angry at me for this.
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2007, 02:16:44 pm »
 Just remember Jaser that getting a boyfriend is vastly different than keeping one. There are plenty who've gone for the quick and easy and wound up with zero, zip, zilch, nada.

Take your time to work on issues about yourself that you want to improve while waiting for someone you find more appealing than what is coming down the line at you right now. Quality is WAAAAAaaay better than quantity. You'll find out that the ones who are gobbling up bfs as fast as they come aren't doing themselves any favors in the long run  ;)

Marc (Who's learned his lesson the hard way.)
Let us cavort like the Greeks of old! You know the ones I mean.

Offline puertorico2006

Re: I'm tired of people getting angry at me for this.
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2007, 11:02:26 pm »
boys are over-rated

but im sure you'll find someone soon enough....but honestly i find that friends fill the void of not having a bf for me....

-josh
(who is over men "for today")
« Last Edit: November 10, 2007, 11:04:42 pm by puertorico2006 »
Infected Probably: may 2005
Diagnosed: 11/2006

11/28/2006 CD4:309 / VL: 1907 No meds yet
12/27/2006 CD4:339/  VL:1649 No meds yet
  4/28/2007 CD4:550/  VL:1800 No meds :-)

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.