Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 02:53:40 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37639
  • Latest: Glassxj
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773168
  • Total Topics: 66331
  • Online Today: 291
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 244
Total: 246

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Formally Introducing myself to the forums... Lookin for Love...getting lonely :(  (Read 2056 times)

Offline termike

• MYSpace
Hi all. I am TJ 23yrs old from Niagara Falls NY.....I have been poz for about 4yrs.. I am on Sustiva, Epivir and Videx EC... Doing well labs wise.. I am hoping to become a part of some sort of HIV social network since there really aren't any around my area, so I suppose online is all I have for now..I thank god for the internet everyday for it helps me immensely. I remember when I first posted on here 4yrs ago.. Fell free to message me at anytime if you would like to..I am a nice guy. You can check out my myspace page at http://www.myspace.com/termike    SO here goes my rant..

As you all know dating is very difficult when you are HIV+ and it is especially difficult here in Buffalo NY where almost everyone who is + "hides" because it is not welcome here...So what is a boy to do? im not all that hot as it is so thats another strike lol...I guess im just on a sustiva induced ramble here...but seriously If anyone here is even remotely close to Buffalo NY hell im almost done with school so ill be movingoutta here soon... and if you are looking for some sort of relation send me an email or message....I hate this lonely feeling and wish I had someoen to share my life with...
« Last Edit: December 05, 2006, 04:22:15 am by termike »

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
Re: 23yrd old poz gay guy Lookin for Love...getting lonely :
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2006, 04:12:43 am »
I can understand the lonliness, Termike. Sometimes it is very hard to deal with and I know about the hiding, I am hiding myself. I am tired of hiding, a lot of us are. Why don't you Introduce yourself to the forum and tell us about you. I would suggest putting an ad on Poz Personals if you haven't already. You are close to me, I am in Erie about an hour or so away from you. How are you enjoying the snow? I know you guys over there get hit as hard as we do.
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
Hello Tj,

Just want to say hello and welcome you to the forums. You'll find a lot of great people here. I am originally from around your area. I was born in North Tonawanda, and moved down here to Florida in 1980, at age 29. something I never regretted. I was amazed the last time I was up in Buffalo, how much it has changed. Many of the changes took place throughout the 70's, but your too young to remember that !! Lot of people leaving western New York. I still get up that way on occassion, still have a brother and younger sister in Western New York. The winters were getting just a little too much for me, so I packed the car up and headed down here and got a new start in life. Unfortunately, 5 years after I moved here, I became HIV positive (in 1985). I have been very fortunate and blessed, to have the same partner now for 26 years. We had our 26 th anniversary this past July.

Hey, It's good to hear from you, and once again welcome !!! Keep in touch with us !! Don't give up searching, I am sure you will find that special someone, to share your life with !

Take care-----Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of Oct 2nd, 2023, Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @676 /  CD4 % @ 18 %
Lymphocytes,absolute-3815 (within range)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline ACinKC

• Bring it VIRUS! #2 Ranked In-crowd Member!
Welcome TJ.  Read my story and know that true love can be found by those of us that have secret identities!!!

This site will be what you make it.  And it can be ALOT of fun combined with ALOT of support!!!!

Andrew
LIFE is not a race to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well-preserved body, but, rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW! WHAT A
RIDE!!!

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.