Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 05:53:23 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773220
  • Total Topics: 66338
  • Online Today: 716
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 627
Total: 630

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Genvoya help!!!!  (Read 6063 times)

Offline Firefighter1104

Genvoya help!!!!
« on: May 25, 2016, 05:17:32 pm »
Finally got my script for genvoya. I pay 100 for co-pay. Any way I can get that cheaper? 

I don't know when I should take it everyday. Dinner? Or breakfast??? Any thoughts?

How much food do I have to eat with it? 
Diag. On 04/2016, cd4 350, VL 48000
5-25-16 Started Genvoya
7-6-16:   cd4 467  VL 60
8-18-16: cd4 528 VL 30

Offline zach

Re: Genvoya help!!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2016, 05:37:35 pm »
https://www.genvoya.com/hcp/cost-support

you need co-pay assistance, sorry no one has mentioned it before

gilead is pretty good about getting it set up

edit: don't abandon your past threads, you'll miss good advice. you being new it really helps us to help you if you keep your treatment posts in a single thread

time of day? whatever works for you

take with food, doesn't have to be much, not a protein shake, food you chew
« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 05:43:54 pm by zach »

Offline RickDallas

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2016, 10:12:46 am »
Hello Firefighter:
You should have no problem getting a Co-Pay Coupon Card from Gilead. Please use the link that Zach posted for more info. Normally, you can pick up a Co-Pay Coupon card from your healthcare provider, but if you call Gilead at the following number: 1-877-505-6986 you will be able to set up a co-pay assistance account. Once you have set up the account, you simply give your pharmacy the Gilead Co-Pay Card Account information and you are all set. Your co-pay should be completely covered by this program. However, you sometimes need to be diligent and make sure your pharmacy and your healthcare insurance provider are in sync. Confirm with your insurance company what your co-pay is on the Genvoya and then confirm with your pharmacy what they are billing your co-pay card. They should be equal. I switched from Atripla to Genvoya back in March 2016. I was on Atripla for many years. So far the Genvoya has been quite effective in keeping my viral load undetectable. I take my Genvoya in the evening after dinner; however, sometimes I take it with a very light snack when I get home if I have been out for the evening. After taking the Genvoya for 30 days, you should have a follow-up appointment with your healthcare provider with lab work to monitor your progress. Good luck.
Best,
Rick

Offline tinberlake

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2016, 04:07:03 pm »
Hi Firefighter (very relevant name) :P

I just started Genoya 9 days ago. I have it with a snack after work so 17:30 or so, because the doctor said it doesnt have to be with a meal. I think your doctor or nurse should have discussed with you which hour might fit in your schedule?

Offline Firefighter1104

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2016, 06:42:14 pm »
Hey guys ... I'v been on genvoya since May 25th and so far have no sides from it. I take mine at 7:30 with dinner. Haven't missed a dose and stay at least within 2 hours every night. I should be getting my new labs done in a week so I will let you know what they are. I do feel a lot better and have realized i wasn't as healthy as I thought I was before diagnosis. I still am having some skin problems (which started before diagnosis) and I'm hoping with more treatment time these will start to go away! The skin problem do seem to be improving but are still there! ( itchy feeling ... Rash on back, underarms, and chest, blister like things that pop up close to my eyes :(.

Does anyone know if these start to get better ???

Like I said, I've never had skin issues before so I know this is hiv related!  Other then the skin problems I feel more energetic and I'm gaining good weight which was harder To do before treatment.

Mentally I'm dealing with this well but still have my down days where I ask "why me?" "Am I gonna die early now" 

Well I just wanted to give u all a little update on how things are going and appreciate all of you posting ... It helps me a lot to get everyone's input on things. Stay up guys and girls :).

Diag. On 04/2016, cd4 350, VL 48000
5-25-16 Started Genvoya
7-6-16:   cd4 467  VL 60
8-18-16: cd4 528 VL 30

Offline Dan0

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2016, 11:48:45 pm »
My latest regimen is Genvoya and no side effects - but after 14 years give or take - I'm impervious, I guess. Secret: the skin issues are fairly common and usually ease up after you've been on meds a while. Some of it may just be a matter of paying more attention to what you're putting ON your skin.

Zach posted a couple years ago some products he used and I started using a soap he recommended. Castille soap that is easily found in a Rite Aid or some other type of pharmacy aisle - not expensive.  My middle aged sporadic acne cleared up in a week. No itching. No rashes. He may have an update on his list! It very well just have been a case of needing something irrespective of HIV but whatever the reason or cause, worked like a charm.

"Honey, you should never ask advice from a drunk drag queen who has a show to do." - JG

06/2002 DX
10/2006 Atripla UD
10/2013 Stribild Still UD
04/2016 Genvoya UD

Offline Expat1

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2016, 07:11:24 pm »
It is possible that the nnrti (edurant) is causing the rash.  Best advice is to see your doctor about it. 

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.