Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:00:31 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 424
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 358
Total: 359

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Hey my name is Rick  (Read 6484 times)

Offline Rick

• looking for more..........
Hey my name is Rick
« on: July 13, 2006, 04:01:34 pm »
Next month marks 11 years poz for me and I've been on a holiday for going on 1 and 1/2 years now.  It's a little scary, but I have to admit that it's been great not having side effects.  My counts have been the same for entire holiday 450tcell and averaging about 7,500 viraload every 3 months. 

After working in the HIV/AIDS field for over 20 years, I've now changed jobs and I'm in a place that's great.  Since now I'm a "client",  it's like starting a new life which has time for friends and just experiencing life which has also been scary.

Coming on to this site and just talking about me for me is like coming our again.  So anyway here I am.

Offline The Canuck

Re: Hey my name is Rick
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2006, 04:13:14 pm »
Hi Rick,

You're very much welcome on this forum and ain't it fun to do another coming out?? !!!  ;)

You have pretty good numbers for someone who has been off meds for 18 months and all the best in the starting of your '' new '' life.  :D

Regards,

The Canuck

Offline frenchpat

• Love your friends, don't eat them.
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2006, 04:17:27 pm »
Hi Rick,

welcome aboard this fabulous ship!

Pat
People have the power - Patti Smith

Offline livingpositively

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2006, 06:30:36 pm »
Hi Rick, welcome to "the family"

Shane
4/6/07   CD4 450, % 23, No VL
2/19/07 CD4 487, % 26, VL 47,500
1/4/07   CD4 357, % 27, No VL
10/3/06 CD4 500, % 26, VL 18,000
7/6/06   CD4 530, % 29, VL 83,800
4/6/06   CD4 555, % 28, VL 13,000

Offline Jeffreyj

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2006, 06:32:46 pm »
Hi Rick....Welcome to a good place!
Positive since 1985

Offline pozniceguy

• Niceguy Dallas
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2006, 06:35:36 pm »
Welcome  Rick 

I am very impressed by your "Holiday" and the results   continued good luck with that

Nick
remember the good times...honor the past but don't live there
Le stelle la notte sono grandie luminose, nel cuore profondo del Texas

Offline appleboy

• Just me!
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2006, 06:39:13 pm »
Awesome!  ;D and welcome to the forums glad you decided to join us!
Here is to more good news!
AppleBoy
If you are walking down the street and your pants drop to your ankles bend over pick them up and keep on walking!
My Blog

Offline OzPaul

• 40 year, Long Term Survivor/LTNP
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2006, 06:41:41 pm »
Hi Rick

Welcome to our Forum Family !!!
I'll look forward to hearing more from and about you.

All the best

Paul

Offline Teresa

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2006, 06:58:27 pm »
Hi Rick,

Welcome to the forums.

Teresa
Hubby HIV+ 5/5/06
CD4:320
  %: 26.7
 VL: <20
Atripla (started it 8/24/06)

Offline Nadine

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2006, 07:19:22 pm »
Hi Rick...nice to meet ya!

Welcome to this great family!

Offline david25luvit

• Member since March 2005
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2006, 04:55:02 am »
Hey Rick....Welcome good buddy to the family.  Sounds like you have a very positive attitude and that in itself is like money in the bank.  Congradulations on your eleven year anniversary and I wish you many many more. :-*
In Memory of
Raymond David McRae III
Nov. 25, 1972- Oct. 15, 2004
I miss him terribly..........

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2006, 09:56:04 am »
Good to hear from you, Rick, and that you're doing well.

You're always welcome here to ask questions and to discuss anything that's on your mind.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline Rob - Dublin

« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2006, 12:48:20 pm »
Hi Rick,

Like all the other family members before me, I say welcome and I hope you find the site as informative and helpful as I have done in the last few months.

Rob
14 Dec 2005 Tested Neg
21 Jan 2006 Infected
09 May 2006 Tested Poz
29 May 2006 CD4 551  (33%) VL 21,000
10 July 2006 CD4 632  (34%) VL 24,500

......when i'm good, i'm very good - when i'm bad i'm even better......

Dream as if you will live forever - Live as if you will die today.....

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2006, 06:48:52 pm »
heya Rick, welcome to aidsmeds! Cool that you were in "the industry." Lots of us are present/former/recovering non-profit people and activists, so many war stories :)

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline Rasheen

« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2006, 01:12:46 am »
Welcome aboard Rick! I am happy to hear you are enjoying your drug holiday and your numbers and so great!

Take Care!

~Rasheen

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.