Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:44:36 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37612
  • Latest: testABC
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772944
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 161
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 147
Total: 149

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Yeah, I'm sorry for being loyal. (ADDED BONUS: Feeling like shit!)  (Read 3969 times)

Offline Mouse

• Om nom nom.
Some people are selfish fucking bitches.

So, my boyfriend tonight just broke up with the girl he was seeing to date me (which is okay, we discussed it, hoping it would go smoothly as possible - yes, he's bi). So, me and my boyfriend both agreed we were into monogamy. We didn't want to date multiple people at once. We want to be committed to each other, which is something neither of us is very familiar with, but we both feel REALLY strongly about each other and feel like that's something we're willing to do for each other.

So, okay. His old girlfriend is NOT monogamous. Matter of fact she's dating like ten people right now. Fuck'er, stupid bitch. So he breaks up with her tonight and apparently she hates my guts now cause I 'stole her boyfriend'.

Um, excuse me honey, but your boyfriend decided he liked guys better. =) I'm sorry you're such a disgusting fat, ugly bitch who doesn't know how to buy clothes that fit her. =)

Anyways, that was a highlight of the night! Me and him are very very close though and we're not going to let her stupid jealousy get in the way of that and her jealousy just makes him like her even less. So neh.

Also, I was at the doctor earlier today because I had a really fucked up cold that's turned into some sort of lung infection. I had some gunk swabbed and they're going to get back with us about the results on that I guess. Testing for things? I dunno. Yay, more missing school!!! I'm going to fail this year and I'm seriously considering dropping out. Feel free to lecture me about staying in school, but rest assured I've heard them all.

I got a ride to that thingy tonight and wound up feeling like shit around eight PM in the middle of the meeting, getting chills and shit, and my boyfriend kept trying to get me to leave with him and go home but I'm stubborn and said I was alright until about 20 minutes later when he told me that he felt like my temperature was too high and demanded he take me home.

So, we left early, got to my house before 9 and he stayed with me for like a half hour to make sure I was okay, and then went home like ten minutes ago. So. Yeah.

I dunno. I'm in a crabby mood and I really need some cheering up and I really needed to vent. =/ Sorry guys.

Offline newt

• the one and original newt
Re: Yeah, I'm sorry for being loyal. (ADDED BONUS: Feeling like shit!)
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2006, 09:56:21 pm »
1. He likes you, he don't like her.

2. Get well soon.

3. Sh! (he's prob queer)

4. He don't know what to do with illness (well it takes experience) or maybe he didn;t wanna get yr cold/thought there's nothing else he could do, eh?

5. School: rogate (er, take a semester or year out) on medical grounds.

Chin up, hope the gunk goes away, listen to some old music...like, er, well old music for me is like prob what yr parents listen to, so I ain't making recommendations, but for colds I reckon Indigo Girls, Bob Marley or James Taylor + honey & lemon drinks + a a thick book (Moby Dick) + a good jumper (jumpers are sexy, n so are people with colds).

- matt

Now playing: nothing for once (but MP3 players rule)
"The object is to be a well patient, not a good patient"

Offline zephyr

• Zephyr L.T.N.P. Foundation, Inc.
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2006, 12:35:16 am »
Ahh, Auntie Newt,

You are like a breath of fresh air.

Jas, I'd take his advice, if I were you.

He's cool.

Love,

Zeph
"It is character that communicates most eloquently."

Offline penguin

• The Penguin Whisperer
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2006, 09:18:59 am »
(some) girls are stupid. it is good for both of you that he has worked this out now.

most things,like school, etc, can survive being put on the back burner for a while. Distrust anyone who tells you otherwise.

feel better soon - for you, I am playing Jet, Kings Horses, with a bit of Ben T to follow  :)

Kate

Offline Strayboy74

• tastes like chicken
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2006, 06:03:14 pm »
Yay, more missing school!!! I'm going to fail this year and I'm seriously considering dropping out. Feel free to lecture me about staying in school, but rest assured I've heard them all.

GO FOR IT!  :)

I went through high school, and it was the WORST 4 FUCKING YEARS OF MY LIFE!!!!  Despite what everyone told me!  In retrospect, I would have dropped out my freshman year, obtained my GED and went to college right after.  High school was absolute torture.

When I was asked back to my 10 year reunion, I panicked at first, fearful that I had not lived up to the expectations of my classmates.  I was afraid, once again, that I wouldn't fit in.  Suddenly, as I recalled Tina Turner's response to Steven Speilberg, when she was asked to play Shug Avery or Celie (I can't remember which) in "The Color Purple", I had found my response....   "No thank you, I've already lived that life."

As if a bright red shiny button had been pressed, my anxieties and fears were immediately erased.  I then threw away my yearbooks.

Anyone who tells you that high school is the only way to go is WRONG, or from an era that is so out-of-touch with the social anxieties and dilemmas facing young adults attending highschools in this day and age. 

You will find that College is different.   People actually pay to go to school there, and they generally don't treat you as poorly because they're too focused on their own shit.  It's actually quite nice.  Make your own decisions, but make them informed.  Research your options, and be true to yourself.  College will open a great many doors to you. 

Nowadays high school can get you killed.  Two kids in my high school, my senior year (1993) - mind you two people who would taunt and tease me to the extreme - were caught with guns at school.  Pre-Columbine, right in the ass-end of Iowa.  Who would have thunk?

And, as another option, you also might want to look into alternative high schools .  My sister went to such a place in my home town, because she couldn’t deal with the other students either.  I wish I had followed her example.  I would have then worked at my own pace, cut through the bullshit, and moved on with my life.  Hell, I might have become a doctor.
:)

The four years I spent in high school were the most unproductive, socially retarding years of my entire life.
I can still recall my peers yelling “faggot” as I crossed the stage for my diploma.  Instead of following procedure and taking my seat, I walked right on out the door.  Never goin’ back!... :)  At least not without my gun! :)   LOL

Actually, I'm afraid of guns, but that's another story for another post. :)

-joseph
« Last Edit: October 12, 2006, 06:44:24 pm by Strayboy74 »

Offline allopathicholistic

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2006, 06:15:59 pm »
Hi Jaser: I love Joseph's comment on alternative high schools. I graduated from an alternative high school. In my old school, the more I heard "FAG" yelled out viciously, the more promiscuous and "anti-world" I became!!  :o It was like "Honey, if you only knew the hot fun my fag ass is having!" {devilish wink} but, at the same time, the insults did hurt deep down. I won't lie  - so I had to cope some way, somehow. Therefore, promiscuity was my coping mechanism at my old school (yup, twisted, I know) so I had to transfer to an alternative school or go bezerk.

Offline Eldon

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2006, 06:32:35 pm »
Hey Jaser,

It is good that your new BF decided to drop the other relationship. In my experience, when a person trys to run two different relationships, one of the two suffers. In anycase, you DO want to stick it through on your High School education. It will pay off in the long-run. As far as your cold is concerned, you DO want to keep a close eye on it and if it does not get any better, go and see your Doctor.

Get Well.

Make the BEST of each Day!

Offline Longislander

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2006, 07:59:18 pm »
Jase,
I hope you're feeling better soon.
Take ALL of this slowly. Your health, the BF, and school.

If you make the decision to quit school, make a plan FIRST! Don't spend the next few years sitting around watching Oprah and eating Bon-bons!

You have a long life ahead of you,and you're an intelligent young man. Don't plan to get yourself stuck in a job anyone can get. Education IS important if you want any type of meaningful career. Money isn't everything....but it sure does make life a lot more enjoyable! And bigger jobs come with better health insurance.

I couldn't wait to get the hell out of school, took the proverbial year off before college, and barely crawled in a OVER a year later. Still didn't like the idea of school, so I quit.

My ex's and my friends are all INFINITELY better off than I am being college grads (with masters). Besides Porches and Mercedes, beach houses and such, they all are well rounded people who can fit into any conversation, anywhere they are.

Please just think about all of this....alot.

Paul
« Last Edit: October 12, 2006, 08:02:39 pm by Longislander »
infected 10/05 diagnosed 12-05
2/06   379/57000                    6/07 372/30500 25%   4/09 640/U/32% 
5/06   ?? /37000                     8/07 491/55000/24%    9/09 913/U/39%
8/06   349/9500 25%              11/07 515/68000/24     2/10 845/U/38%
9/06   507/16,000 30% !          2/08  516/116k/22%    7/10 906/80/39%
12/06 398/29000 26%             Start Atripla 3/08
3/07   402/80,000 29%            4/08  485/undet!/27
4/07   507/35,000 25%            7/08 625/UD/34%
                                                 11/08 684/U/36%

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.