Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:36:25 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37614
  • Latest: bondann
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772950
  • Total Topics: 66311
  • Online Today: 741
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 452
Total: 453

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: HI EVERYONE  (Read 6780 times)

Offline SunshineBreeze

• Caribbean HIV/AIDS awareness portal
HI EVERYONE
« on: September 22, 2006, 03:12:38 pm »
I am new to this site I knew about it but never took the time join before today.
I am living with HIV for eight years now. At first when I found out I had contracted the virus it was hard for me but as time went by it got easier.

I now work as outreach worker and also do counselor & testing.

I try to help as much people as I can from being a statistic especially teenagers who thinks they are invisible.

Hi Everyone!

Sorry......can the moderators move this post to Living with HIV for me.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2006, 03:15:00 pm by SunshineBreeze »
TOO BLESSED TO STRESSED!!!!!

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
Re: HI EVERYONE
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2006, 03:51:38 pm »
Hey Sunshine,

Welcome! Sounds like you are putting your personal experience and knowledge to good use for others. Way to go!

We look forward to further comments and participation from you. You're always welcome to ask questions and to discuss anything that's on your mind.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline Teresa

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2006, 06:11:12 pm »
WELCOME!!

Sounds like you are doing some good work in your community.

God Bless You!

Hugs
Teresa
Hubby HIV+ 5/5/06
CD4:320
  %: 26.7
 VL: <20
Atripla (started it 8/24/06)

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2006, 06:15:26 pm »
« Last Edit: October 31, 2006, 10:29:21 pm by emeraldize »

Offline angels4kelly

• IT JUST IS!!.....OKAY!
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2006, 06:32:55 pm »
Welcome Sunshine ;D

I'm really glad you found us and decided to say "hello".

This is just the best place online for support, any help you may need and just friendship and understanding ;D

Peace

Kelly

POSITIVE SINCE-10/1990
CD4-610
CD4%-29.3
VL-UNDETECTABLE
VIREAD,VIRACEPT, EPZICOM

MOST RECENT...
10/9/2006
CD4's-714
CD4%-30%
VL-Undetectable
DIAGNOSES POSITIVE 10/90
SAME MEDS, VIREAD, VIRAMUNE, EPZICOM.

SHOOT FOR THE MOON! YOU MAY MISS,
BUT YOU'LL LAND IN THE STARS :)

Knowing others is intelligence;
knowing yourself is true wisdom.
Mastering others is strength;
mastering yourself is true power.

Failure is not in falling down,
but the staying down

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2006, 06:35:22 pm »
Hello Breeze,

I am Ray. Glad to meet you !! It's great  to hear that you are reaching out to others, we certainly need more of that ! I am sure you will find this site helpful, and useful...

All the Best------Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of Oct 2nd, 2023, Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @676 /  CD4 % @ 18 %
Lymphocytes,absolute-3815 (within range)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline poobear

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2006, 08:18:53 pm »
A Warm welcome to you sunshine.  My name is Rachel.  What a wonderful thing you are doing.  Best Wishes to you and hope to hear more from you.  Rachel

Offline Eldon

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2006, 10:14:06 pm »
Hello SunshineBreeze, it is Eldon.

Just as the others have said, I also wish to extend to you a warm WELCOME to the forums! Here you will find understanding, communication, support, some cries, some laughter, and even meeting new friends. Here you will find that a lot of your questions shall be answered relating to HIV/AIDS.

We have a great group of people and we care for each other. You are not alone in this journey, we are all in this together. People will be listening and answering to you. Feel free to browse through the lessons to come up to speed so to speak.

Again Welcome! and have the BEST Day!
« Last Edit: September 22, 2006, 10:19:05 pm by Eldon »

Offline SunshineBreeze

• Caribbean HIV/AIDS awareness portal
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2006, 11:47:02 am »
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!

I am getting the vibes that this is a great place to be, I have been on many HIV/AIDS forums before and see of the responses that people gives to each other and they won't nice.

We are all in the same boat and are here to give love and support to each and everyone.

Thanks.

I have a site where i post my story anyone can read. http://phiva.net/forums/
TOO BLESSED TO STRESSED!!!!!

Offline allopathicholistic

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2006, 10:28:33 pm »

I am getting the vibes that this is a great place to be,

WELCOME SunshineBreeze  ;D  -- you're right!  ;D

We are all in the same boat and are here to give love and support to each and everyone.

perfectly said!  8)

Offline Sky

• Myspace
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2006, 11:12:36 pm »
Welcome Sunshine!   :)
Poz since 2003.

Offline Life

• Member 2005
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2006, 11:15:34 pm »
Glad your here....

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline bluelove

« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2006, 11:21:46 pm »
Welcome to the family. Hope to get to know you in time.

Blue

Offline eirin

• Member since March 2005
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2006, 05:50:57 am »
Hi Sunshine,

Welcome to the forums and nice to meet you! Hope you will stay around and share and participate with us!

You live in one of the most beautiful places I have ever been to! I am going to check out your website soon, am curious to learn more about the projects that you are doing.

I am a woman living together with my sixteen year old daughter in Amsterdam in the Netherlands, been pos for almost ten years and doing great. I am also doing outreach work, maybe we can share some experiences!  :)

Hugs, Eirin

One love!  :)

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.