Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:09:47 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37614
  • Latest: bondann
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772954
  • Total Topics: 66311
  • Online Today: 741
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 449
Total: 453

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: a new spin on an old story  (Read 2213 times)

Offline em

a new spin on an old story
« on: June 12, 2019, 12:56:26 pm »
the family all in?

a mixed up modern version of a familiar story.

starts with

this couple sitting at a key board singing a familiar song with updated different words.

like:   boy the way Donna Summer sang

disco made me want to dance.

those were the days

you did not know who your where then

girls where girls and men were men ?

well most of the time.maybe some of the time

mister  we could use a man like Ronald Reagan again

did not need  marijuana states

you could get it anywhere any way . 

gee our old Pinto ran great

those were the days ?

I have Pages of it written and thought some feed back might be worth while .

I asked my wife what she thought and she said that is is just a glimpse into our home  and not funny.   It would never work. she looked as if i hit in the gut ? but being the selfish turd that I am I thought telling you might be worth while.

the wife is a domineering opinionated supporter of a orange politician. the husband a submissive doubting wimp  at least how others might see him who does all he can to keep her happy. a happy wife a happy life ..   He thinks this country could do so much better if it at least tried to.  write about what you know ?  they are a discordant couple. He has HIV and she after many years together does not .   They both have their flaws and do their best to work things out .   their twenty something child lives with them with his wife. who are very educated and in tune with the world the way they see it .  they  think they have all the answers . their neighbors you might be able to relate too i have them written down just do not want to burden you with to many details .  I have ideas and situations in my mind just thought hearing from others about what they think might be worth while .   

I have sent out emails and suggestions out on messages on face book . but surprisingly one return that basically said something to effect of writing it down might be helpful to your situation. I thought it might be entertaining and funny and stretching the truth out to make it more so might be a good story and funny at the same time. 

or well whatever just wanted to share my thoughts and see what anyone else might think and if you do not hear from me . my wife might have come to the conclusion that she has had enough and something bad might be fall me .   nothing ventured nothing gained . 

all the best to you  EM

Offline em

Re: a new spin on an old story
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2019, 01:45:12 pm »
sorry ever see the play or movie  funny thing happened  on the way to the forum

I had been told that I am senex the cynic from time to time . I had wanted to add that tot the previous  post but forgot .

thank you

Offline em

Re: a new spin on an old story
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2019, 02:10:39 pm »
sorry this experience was in my head and thought worth sharing

I worked at restaurant and after it closed everyone thought it might be worth while to go over to a gay bar. I was at the end of the bar with one of the cooks . he said the guy at the end of the bar is giving me a  look .  I looked at my friend,  then at the other guy and back to my friend and   said I do not think he is  desperate or drunk enough for that. my friend said   what do you think I am not good enough for him ?  I said NO you just said that . well we both got a good belly laugh over it .

I hope this joke finds you well. maybe stuff like that might make funny story about life in our time .

again thank you

EM   

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.