Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:05:38 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 424
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 357
Total: 359

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: please delete this thread, and thanks for nothing  (Read 12500 times)

Offline turner84

please delete this thread, and thanks for nothing
« on: May 07, 2007, 09:47:02 pm »
please delete this thread, and thanks for nothing
« Last Edit: May 08, 2007, 09:15:51 pm by turner84 »

Offline RapidRod

Re: Typical Symptoms of early infection?
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2007, 10:06:19 pm »
You've come to the wrong place to ask about symptoms. HIV has no specific symptoms. Symptoms or lack of is no way to diagnosis HIV. Only a test well give you your result. The only risk you had was giving a blowjob and it is so low that most don't recommend to even test over it.

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2007, 10:07:13 pm »
Settle down there Champion! Contrary to what you might think, this is not a crisis situation regarding HIV transmission.

You copped a load in your mouth from a hot young hustler and you've already gone and diagnosed yourself with HIV?

First up, the likelihood of you having contracted HIV from this encounter is, in reality, zero. There has been some speculation of a theoretical risk of HIV being transmitted from an insertive partner to the receptive partner during oral sex, but it remains theoretical. Given that people don't have theoretical sex, I feel safe in telling you that HIV is not transmitted that way.

And yes I read your comments about dental work and all that jazz. It doesn't change my answer. If the virile young buck you went down on was HIV positive (and that remains a pretty big if) then that doesn't change my answer either.

You need to understand too that symptoms mean nothing when it comes to HIV. I know you're not going to want to hear this, but any symptoms associated with HIV seroconversion are very non-specific. Lots of things cause fevers, sore throats and such like.

You're a sexually active person so my advice is that you should be having a full STD screen performed at least twice a year. There are a number of STD's that are far more prevalent and transmissible than HIV and you should be tested for these. An HIV antibody test is part of a routine sexual health check-up.

I encourage you to read our Welcome Thread to familiarise yourself with HIV testing and transmission issues.

MtD

Offline turner84

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2007, 10:23:05 pm »
cleared
« Last Edit: May 08, 2007, 06:52:59 pm by turner84 »

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2007, 10:27:02 pm »
If any of yall are HIV positive, or have hepatitis, or any other serious STD i would be very interested to know the early symptoms you experiences before you tested positive

Sigh.

Did you read the advice that I and Roddles gave you above? Symptoms mean nothing, mate.

You wanna know why? Not that it's any business of yours, but I had no symptoms during my seroconversion. None. Nada. My doctor tested me because I reported a long sustained history of risky sexual behaviours and I'm not talking about blowjobs exchanged in Mexico. I'm talking lots of unprotected anal sex.

MtD

Offline turner84

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2007, 10:41:08 pm »
cleared
« Last Edit: May 08, 2007, 06:52:24 pm by turner84 »

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2007, 10:54:23 pm »
You cannot be diagnosed over the Internet. If you feel as though you are ill, see a doctor. This is a risk assessment forum and your risk was minute.

Offline turner84

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2007, 10:56:34 pm »
cleared
« Last Edit: May 08, 2007, 06:52:07 pm by turner84 »

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2007, 10:59:22 pm »
If I knew I would charge you for an answer. That is the question you need to ask your doctor. By the way, everyone here that answers questions are HIV+ or have AIDS.

Offline turner84

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2007, 11:07:03 pm »
cleared
« Last Edit: May 08, 2007, 06:51:53 pm by turner84 »

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2007, 11:13:42 pm »
Again the one with the answers is your doctor. You'll need to get a HAV,HBV and a HCV test ran. You can't tell someone that they have hepatitis without testing.

Offline turner84

« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2007, 11:19:50 pm »
cleared
« Last Edit: May 08, 2007, 06:51:43 pm by turner84 »

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2007, 11:37:44 pm »
And you Turner are demonstrating an extraordinary lack of gratitude. Rapid Rod is one of our most respected HIV experts and he is giving you the best advice one can get on the internet about these sorts of things.

It's not our job to tell you what to expect. It's our job to inform you about the facts when it comes to HIV transmission. If you've engaged in risky behaviours go and get a test done. Collect the results like everyone else and take it from there.

MtD

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2007, 11:39:02 pm »
Let's get something straight here from the start. You come here and ask about symptoms. We've advised you we don't discuss symptoms and why. Then you go off on Hepatitis and ask the same thing. This is an assessment forum. Not a forum on Hepatitis. My suggestion to you is go talk with your doctor to get the answers that you want. Because no one here will discuss symptoms. PERIOD and by the way I never had any symptoms period. You want answers see your doctor. What the hell are you talking about? "if I don't know what the doctor is going to tell me before he tells me, there is a damn good chance I will blow my head off."  How in the hell would we know what your doctor is going to say or ask? Hey no one has crystal balls here. Now if you really think you want to blow your head off then I suggest you contract the nearest crisis hotline. That's just stupid thinking. I've lived with this for 23 years and to hear your comments and you don't even know if you are infected really pisses me off. Don't come here looking for pity cause you aren't going to receive any.  

Offline turner84

« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2007, 11:44:58 pm »
cleared
« Last Edit: May 08, 2007, 06:51:31 pm by turner84 »

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2007, 11:51:41 pm »

Hey, I'm going to tell you again and this is the last time I'm going to tell you. Now read this carefully, WE DO NOT DISCUSS SYMPTOMS ON THIS FORUM. Now that isn't so hard to understand, now is it?

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2007, 12:01:18 am »
seriously what is the point of this forum?  if a person cant discuss symptoms, than what the hell is the point of this forum?  seriously

As Rod and I have told you endlessly in the thread, symptoms mean nothing when it comes to diagnosing HIV.

Ya dig?

The reason we don't discuss them is because the confuse the issue and prevent us talking about the real issue surrounding HIV infection and that's risk behaviours.

MtD

Offline turner84

« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2007, 12:05:05 am »
cleared
« Last Edit: May 08, 2007, 06:51:17 pm by turner84 »

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2007, 12:15:06 am »
Matty, there are just some people that you can't make understand if you slapped them in the head. He can stay around here all he wants but there will be NO discussion on symptoms on this forum. All he had to do is read some of the old posts on symptoms and he's gonna find out what we've been trying to get through his head.

Offline Bucko

• You need a shine, missy!
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2007, 12:24:03 am »
Turner-

The purpose of this forum is risk assessment. You had what is universally agreed here to be an encounter involving theoretical risk.

I have suffered both seroconversion and a nasty bout of Hep B cause not so much from swallowing cum as eating ass. I was not well enough to sit at a computer for one, the other passed me by without my having noticed it. But I understood the gravity of the situations not by posting on a message board but by talking with a doctor.

It is our strict policy here to not discuss symptoms...period. They are irrelevant to HIV infection.

And the name of the site is AIDSmeds.com, not STDs R Us. Sorry if this displeases you.

Brent
(Who hopes Turnie will get it)
Blessed with brains, talent and gorgeous tits.

Blathering on AIDSmeds since 2005, provocative from birth

Offline turner84

« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2007, 08:33:07 am »
cleared
« Last Edit: May 08, 2007, 06:50:58 pm by turner84 »

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2007, 09:27:17 am »
OK, you need to step back right now before this deteriorates any further.

You actually have gotten an important answer here but you don't seem to want to hear it. Neither the presence nor the absence of symptoms will ever tell you anything accurately about your HIV status.

If you have had unprotected intercourse or participating in any other unsafe activity then you need to get tested. If that is not an issue and you are having troubling symptoms then you need to see your doctor to be properly diagnosed.

We can't responsibly do anything like that for you here.

Finally, let's not have any more disagreeable comments from you. You're just at the edge of getting timed out here so let's not have it go any further in that direction.

It's your doctor you need to be discussing your concerns with, not us.

Andy Velez

Offline turner84

« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2007, 06:55:43 pm »
please delete this thread
thank you
« Last Edit: May 08, 2007, 09:55:35 pm by turner84 »

Offline ACinKC

• Bring it VIRUS! #2 Ranked In-crowd Member!
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2007, 07:26:57 pm »
Google STD forums.

Try to be nicer over there.
LIFE is not a race to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well-preserved body, but, rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW! WHAT A
RIDE!!!

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2007, 08:14:17 pm »
The policy here is to focus on HIV-related questions and issues. Occasionally we will pass along some information about hepatitis or herpes or such, but that is only when the question is related to something we're comfortable answering. 

You're certainly free to browse the net for anything else you want.

We don't discuss symptoms because we know very well from longstanding experience that neither the presence nor the absence of them will ever tell you anything accurately about your HIV status. That's strictly guesswork and HIV is nothing to guess about. When there has been a real risk the only thing to do is to get tested at the appropriate.

And during the waiting period to get tested you do have to be a grownup and live with some anxiety and frustration. That's the deal. Since the incident which are concerned about happened something like six months ago, that means if you haven't had any risky sexual situations since then, you can get tested anytime now for HIV and get an accurate result. And the very strong likelihood, your fears notwithstanding, is that you are going to test negative.

That is an answer that is not based on trying to make you feel better. It's well grounded in HIV science.

Stop being rude just because we're not fitting your ideas of what we should be doing here. 

« Last Edit: May 08, 2007, 09:12:35 pm by Andy Velez »
Andy Velez

Offline turner84

« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2007, 08:54:38 pm »
cleared
« Last Edit: May 08, 2007, 09:55:05 pm by turner84 »

Offline milker

• Protected phone sex
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2007, 09:08:36 pm »
turner,

Doctors have the tools to do tests according to the symptom and they will look at your body, examine your internal and external symptoms in detail, do blood tests, etc. It would be illegal and criminal for us to try do the doctor's jobs. Websites that do that are dangerous. The only thing we can do on this forum is to assess the risk of having contracted HIV, given circumstances that people tell us.

To get the help you want based on symptoms, you need to see a Doctor. You will never see any diagnosis based on symptoms in this forum.

Milker.
mid-dec: stupid ass
mid-jan: seroconversion
mid-feb: poz
mar 07: cd4 432 (35%) vl 54000
may 07: cd4 399 (28%) vl 27760
jul 07: cd4 403 (26%) vl 99241
oct 07: cd4 353 (24%) vl 29993
jan 08: cd4 332 (26%) vl 33308
mar 08: cd4 392 (23%) vl 75548
jun 08: cd4 325 (27%) vl 45880
oct 08: cd4 197 (20%) vl 154000 <== aids diagnosis
nov 2 08 start Atripla
nov 30 08: cd4 478 (23%) vl 1880 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
feb 19 09: cd4 398 (24%) vl 430 getting there!
apr 23 09: cd4 604 (29%) vl 50 woohoo :D :D
jul 30 09: cd4 512 (29%) vl undetectable :D :D
may 27 10: cd4 655 (32%) vl undetectable :D :D

Now accepting applications from blowjob ninjas™

Offline turner84

« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2007, 09:12:07 pm »
thats fine.  i just want this thread deleted at this point. 

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2007, 09:15:35 pm »
Turner, as much as you would like to run things here, there's a very simple solution.

Just stop posting here. Your thread will die out and that will be that.

We haven't satisfied your needs. Hopefully you will do better elsewhere.

Good luck to you. 
Andy Velez

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2007, 09:25:22 pm »
Does anyone know of any forum on the web where people will discuss symptoms of STDs.  (notice i said STDs, not just HIV)  .
Does anyone know where a person can get answers from real people on STDs.  I understand it is the policy here to provide a very limited amount of info.  Does anyone know where i can go to get my questions answered?  Please!
I will gladly go to some other site if anyone knows of one that can help. 

You won't clear them all.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2007, 09:26:08 pm »
thanks for all the help.  Andy would you do me a favor, and delete this thread?  Thanks.

I was thinking maybe yall could help me in this crisis sitution.  It is a shame you wont.  I cant even get the link to a simple website.  I almost think yall are trying to leave people in the dark about their std status.  After leaving someone in the dark, the next thing is for stds to spread.
I am wondering what kind of agenda you people have.  Certainly helping people isnt part of the agenda.  It makes me think you want people to not know anything. 

Andy please delete this thread, and my account.  And thanks for giving me ABSOLUTLY ZERO HELP & INFORMATION

Nor will you delete this one.

jesus, im having a life crisis here, and these people cant answer the simplest of questions.  i cant think of an std question more basic than, im having major symptom, what might i be looking at.  this website is worthless

Offline turner84

« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2007, 09:56:10 pm »

Offline Bucko

• You need a shine, missy!
Re: please delete this thread, and thanks for nothing
« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2007, 11:07:34 pm »
Bah-bye
Blessed with brains, talent and gorgeous tits.

Blathering on AIDSmeds since 2005, provocative from birth

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
Re: please delete this thread, and thanks for nothing
« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2007, 08:33:41 am »
There's no need to keep this one going. Thread is locked.

Adieu to Mr. Hunter.
Andy Velez

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.