Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:40:24 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37612
  • Latest: testABC
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772944
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 329
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 328
Total: 329

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Uncircumsized Insertive Oral  (Read 15838 times)

Offline insertiveoral

Uncircumsized Insertive Oral
« on: July 20, 2006, 10:18:51 pm »
Hi Everyone,
My question is based around my username.  Last night, I did something very stupid!
I met a guy online, we hooked up made out a little bit, and I allowed him to give me a blow job.  It was a pretty ROUGH blow job, I didn't see any blood, but it was quite dark out (we were outdoors), and I am also uncircumsized!  I also rimmed him very briefly!  My concern arose a GREAT DEAL when he kept my cock inside his mouth while I ejaculated!  He took my entire load into his mouth!  I immediately realized that I had made a TERRIBLE mistake by hooking up with a stranger the way I did, and also by the fact that this stranger was willing to allow me to cum in his mouth!  I would appreciate an honest opinion on my risk situation, including the brief rimming that I did on him!  Did I put myself at risk here?  Should I be tested? What symptoms should I we watchful of now?
Thanks for your help in advance.
Insertive...

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
Re: Uncircumsized Insertive Oral
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2006, 05:56:14 am »
Insert,

Getting a blowjob is absolutely NOT a risk for hiv infection and it doesn't matter if it was a rough blowjob or that you are uncircumcised. Not one person has ever become infected while getting blown and you will not be the first.

Please read through the Welcome Thread and follow the links for further hiv transmission information.

And while you're here, let me fill you in on a few other points.

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL STIs together. To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with a sexually transmitted infection. It doesn't matter if you're with a stranger in the night or your best friend. Use condoms.

Have a look through the condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

While you do NOT need to test specifically over your blowjob, anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results. Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

Getting a blowjob is not a risk for hiv infection.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline insertiveoral

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2006, 01:21:00 pm »
Hi Ann
Thanks for the response - its much appreciated!
From the information you provided I feel way more confident about my risk and I do appreciate the information u provided on condoms and lube.  Just one more quick question, does the rimming that I performed on him put me at any risk?
Thanks in advance for your help!
Insertive...

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2006, 02:11:44 pm »
In,

Rimming doesn't put you at risk for hiv infection, no. There are other problems you can get from rimming though, mainly stomach/intestinal upsets.

You might want to have a look through the info at inSPOT.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2006, 04:15:24 pm »
As Ann said you were not a risk for HIV in this situation. The fact the you ejaculated is totally irrelevant in terms of any risk to you. If your partner had been sucking someone who is HIV+ ejaculation could raise the risk level to the sucker.

You need to know that the anus is the germiest orifice in the body and potentially can expose you to a number of problems including intestinal parasites. If you're sexually active getting tested at least annually with a full STD panel is a good idea and every six months is even better. Ifyou find yourself having any symptoms you should discuss them with your doctor.

You were not at risk for HIV in this incident.

As Ann suggested, please read the lesson about transmission.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline insertiveoral

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2006, 10:27:46 am »
Hey Everyone,
thank you for this awesome site, and thank you for the responses to my question.
This next question I have is going to sound very crazy, but I have to ask:
Has anyone ever been infected through an exposure to food or water?  What I mean is, is it true that someone could actually contaminate food - lets say a sandwich with fresh hiv positive blood and cause the person who injests the sandwich to become infected with the virus?   All I want to know is if that is at all scientifcally possible?  God I hope its not, but I just need to know.  Any scientific breakdown on a situation like that would be appreciated!  And this question is not to imply that anyone who is positive would ever do something like that!  My concern is simply if someone crazy who had access to blood samples tried to do something like that, would it be possible, or nothing to worry about.  The reason, I ask is because almost a year ago, I was faced with a situation like this, that had me stressed for several months (i actually even developed symptoms - fever, rash, mouth ulcer, etc), I saught out therapy for my concerns, but I am feeling a little anxious about it again...
Any help would be great!
Thanks

Offline Morgan

• You did WHAT??
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2006, 10:34:12 am »
Insertiveoral,

<<Has anyone ever been infectedd through an exposure to food or water?>>

No!!

Morgan
Morgan Landers

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2006, 10:44:27 am »
HIV is not an airborne or food-borne virus.

Offline insertiveoral

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2006, 12:45:47 am »
I just have to ask:
From a scientifc standpoint, what about the Virus makes it unable to transmit in this manner?
Thanks

Offline Morgan

• You did WHAT??
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2006, 01:42:58 am »
Insertiveoral,

Hiv is a very fragile virus that requires specific environmental conditions to remain viable.  Once outside the  body it quickly degrades in its ability to infect.

In addition, hiv isn't alive.  Think of it as tiny brains with plugs on the surface suspended in fluid.  They literally have to run into specific cells with the receptors for their plugs in order to infect.

Environmental changes quickly damage the "plugs" making it unable to bond with the specific cells required.  This is one of the reasons why saliva isn't infectious.  The virus is present in low amounts in saliva, but not viable for infection.  There are some 15 different enzymes in saliva that act to inhibit hiv infection.

Morgan
Morgan Landers

Offline insertiveoral

« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2006, 10:00:41 am »
Hi Morgan
Thanks for that info, it definitely did help me to understand why it wouldn't happen.
I'm assuming something like this than is both impossible and has also never happened?

Offline insertiveoral

« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2006, 02:19:05 pm »
I was also wondering how quickly the virus breaks up or degrades while outside of the body...?
Does anyone know if anyone has ever been infected by the virus from outside of the body?

Offline insertiveoral

« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2006, 10:17:53 am »
Anyone willing to PLEASE offer me some much needed advice on my last two questions?! - PLEASE!

Offline insertiveoral

« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2006, 10:18:44 am »
Also, would any regular 'viral-infection' manage to cause similar symptoms as ARS (Seroconversion)?

Offline Morgan

• You did WHAT??
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2006, 10:52:01 am »
Insertive,

I was also wondering how quickly the virus breaks up or degrades while outside of the body...?
Does anyone know if anyone has ever been infected by the virus from outside of the body?

The time it takes for hiv to lose viability would depend on too many factors and variables to go into in this setting.  Quantity of infectious fluid, along with every environmental nuance come into play.  The important thing is that it does quickly degrade once outside the human body.

Infection outside the body rarely takes place.  When it does, it's usually in dramatic fashion.... automobile accidents or ER room situations with large amounts of blood.  If you took a good shot of blood to the eyes you could be at risk. 

But everyday interaction with trace amounts of infected fluid are rarely, if ever, a risk.

Also, would any regular 'viral-infection' manage to cause similar symptoms as ARS (Seroconversion)?

Yes. There are many, many things with similar symptoms.  That's why we don't focus on symptoms in assessing risk in this forum.  You can have no symptoms, and be positive.  Or have all of the symptoms usually associated with primary hiv infection, and be negative.

Morgan

Morgan Landers

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2006, 11:04:14 am »
insertive,

Acute hiv infection cannot be diagnosed by symptoms because the symptoms are exactly the SAME for any one of thousands of illnesses. They are very general symptoms and not indicative of any specific illness.

Only testing will reveal your hiv status.

And by the way, I don't agree with you that the answers to your two other questions are "much needed advice". The only "much needed" advice is that you need to be wearing condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse... and that's really all you need to know to keep yourself safe from hiv. Seriously!

You will NOT have become infected from getting a blowjob. Not one other person has in the twenty five years of this pandemic and you aren't going to be the first. You'll have to find some other way of gaining your fifteen minutes of fame.

You didn't have a risk and it's time for you to move on. If you cannot accept your no risk assessment, then test and hopefully you can put this behind you when you get your negative result.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline insertiveoral

« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2006, 03:51:24 pm »
Hi Everyone,
I'm back with another question!  Since my last exposure - discussed here in this topic (Insertive Oral, and also rimming another man's anus), I have developed very watery diarrehia and cramps.  These symptoms have been ongoing now for almost a week.  Could this possibly be a symptom of Acute HIV infection or something else? 
I'm going to be scheduling an appointment with a doctor shortly, but feel so embarrased about expressing to him what I've done that has led me to seek this treatment.
Any advice or information on what I might have would be hugely appreciated.
Thanks

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2006, 04:02:33 pm »
Since there was no risk, no symptoms could possibly be ARS. Moreover, symptoms CANNOT be used to diagnose HIV.

Stress can, and often does, cause diarrhea.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline insertiveoral

« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2006, 03:12:02 am »
Hi there
Thanks for the response, it does help to think that these symptoms are not HIV related...
Another question, and please forgive me in advance for asking, but, could the stomach problems that I'm having now be caused by some sort of a parasite infection that I could have acquired while rimming and fingering 3 weeks, but only now be feeling the symptoms?  Or are parasite infections usually felt much earlier on and sooner after the sexual incident?  If this is a parasite infection, are there treatments available to get rid of it?  Does everyone have parasites in their feces?
Oh god, I sound like such a fool right now... but any advice would be so useful to me right now,
thanks

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2006, 05:46:45 am »
insert,

Yes, your stomach problems could be from something you picked up during rimming. (but NOT hiv!) And yes, it could take a while for the bug to build up in numbers to the point where it would make itself known. The only thing for it is to see your doctor. We cannot tell you what - if any - internal parasites or bugs you have, only your doctor can. There are treatments to deal with these things.

Go see your doctor and don't be embarrassed - they've seen it all before and then some.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline insertiveoral

« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2006, 10:05:25 pm »
Thanks Ann
I appreciate your advice... I have an appointment tomorrow with my doctor...
how do I explain that I have constant diarrehia and cramps, 3 weeks following a rimming incident with a man that I don't even know... I feel like such an idiot!
Does anyone know what the symptoms of a parasite infection are?
Is it hard to treat?
Should I be scared?
Tomorrow I go in, any advice would be great
thanks,
Insertive

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2006, 05:58:59 am »
insert,

No, you shouldn't be scared, but you can be scared and still see your doctor.

You don't need to tell your doc anything other than the fact that you preformed annilingus and have had intestinal problems since. You don't have to tell him the gender of the other person or that you don't know the person. He only needs to know the basic fact of the rimming. If he asks more personal questions you don't have to answer, he only needs to know that you've had anal-oral contact. The rest is really none of his business.

He needs to know this so he knows what to test you for - and you will cut down your waiting time if you take a sample in with you in a small, clean plastic container. They don't need much and yes, it's "eww", but this is what you will be asked to do. Take one with you and get it over with. Attach a label with your name and birthdate on it. I know this because I've had to do it myself and it's not really as bad as it sounds. The treatment will be a course of the appropriate antibiotic.

And remember, rimming might give you a bacterial or parasite infection, but it won't give you hiv.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse and you will avoid hiv infection.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline insertiveoral

« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2006, 10:34:00 am »
Ann
U are AWESOME!
Thanks for the advice... I had to cancel my doctor's appointment yesterday, but have one later on today!  God, I hope whatever this is, he can give me the proper meds to get rid of it, I have had stomach problems now for almost a week and I feel awful....
Thanks again,
Insertive

Offline insertiveoral

« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2006, 10:21:34 pm »
This is a question for ANYONE, that has ever had a parasite infection... what are the symtoms like?  Is it commonly passed on through rimming?  I just had my doc's appointment today... Any advice while I wait would be awesome... what is the treatment like?
Thanks

Offline Morgan

• You did WHAT??
« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2006, 11:38:33 pm »
You know very well that this is an hiv site.  The proper place to deal with questions of parasite infection is in your doctor's office.

Morgan
Morgan Landers

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.