Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 02:10:35 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773516
  • Total Topics: 66380
  • Online Today: 305
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 274
Total: 275

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Need Advice in TX  (Read 2975 times)

Offline traveltramp

Need Advice in TX
« on: June 04, 2015, 09:34:43 pm »
Situation:  I am asymptotic HIV for 7 years.. No medical problems or history of problems.  Using Ryan White and a drug assistance program.  In other words I pay nothing for health services: I.E.. Meds, Labs, Dr. Visits and often Dental work and the occasional antibiotic for an infection.. My income is LOW.. Less than 22k per year GROSS... I did NOT get Health Care from government because my employer was going to offer me health care this year.. (I could have afforded the lowest level governemnt package, but I could not afford the deductible requirements - nor the copays for medication) - So I waited.. My employer has two programs.. 180 bucks a month or 90 bucks a month.. However the deductible that needs to be met prior to any benefits of kicking in will wipe out my savings.. that and the 150 per month copay.. After taxes I take in 550.00 every two weeks.. so 1100 a month minus 90 for the insurance - minus 150 for the monthly copay and the now copay for 4-6 times a year for dr visit and more copay for labs, ect.. with rent, car, insurance, food... money is tight as it is..
So.. I am in TX and I don't qualify for Medicare.. I can't afford insurance... I am getting everything for free now... but I don't want to pay the fee for no insurance for this tax year or for the following years either.... however the fee is less than the cost of insurance and I get everything for free.. (mind you I am healthy, 42 but not sure what I would do if i did get sick/accident and needed hospital) in any case.. seems like this year I would keep doing what I am doing and pay the fee.. however there is an exemption based of of "bills of the past 24 months for healthcare" problem is.. I have no bills because I have no cost.. but IF i do get health care.. I will have HUGE cost out of pocket.. how do I get an exemption for bills I will "have to pay but not have yet to pay"... Im' not sure what to do.. Ryan White thank you.. Drug assistants thank you.. but it is not insurance.. I want to pay, but something I can afford.. anything in the middle i can do? any ideas? thanks
5/7 SEROCOVERSION
7/7 CD4 669
9/7 CD4 1079 V/L 1200
2/8 CD4 803   V/L 3050
4/8 CD4 805   V/L 2200
9/8 CD4 959   V/L 2418
1/9 CD4 909   V/L 550

Offline Aubietx75

Re: Need Advice in TX
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2015, 11:04:33 pm »
Depending on the city you live in, there are a number of services and places to go to get answers.  Many Episcopal churches in Texas have had a deacon or priest get some education on the affordable care act and how to maneuver it. 

You can also look for a crisis intervention hotline in your area and they can help you find the places that can help you maneuver the system. 

If you want to pm me I can try and see if I have some contacts in your area.  I am in Houston.

Aubietx75
Education is the may be the key to many doors but you need to take the key out of you pocket and actually put it in the lock if you want to walk through the door.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.