Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 06:07:46 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772785
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 202
Total: 203

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: out of hospital  (Read 5241 times)

Offline Theyer

• Current ambition. Walk the Dog .
out of hospital
« on: May 05, 2011, 05:54:15 am »
I was admitted to the hospital last week, had been struggling for a couple off weeks with increased pain, sleeping 12  hours plus at least a day until when attending my regular clinic appointment my Doc asked if i wanted to come in and I found myself saying YES.

A week off tests and x-rays but most importantly rest . Someone Else doing the cooking etc. Increased the Fludrocortisone which so far has reduced the blood pressure drops to know not noticing them but the blood pressure machine is still recording a drop between sitting and standing. Am now taking morphine tablets regularly .

All in all a good move I feel much better and I am awake at 9am instead off waking at 9pm.
The x-rays off chest and broken foot where reassuring as nothing new was discovered, I have a meeting with my clinic doc on 10 may to hear the results off the lab tests.

The ward was quiet as my stay fell between two Bank {public} holidays and all hospitals try to be as empty as possible during those times.

So I am now going to catch up on LTS thread.
love to you all
theyer
"If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people ."  Tony Benn

Offline wolfter

Re: out of hospital
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2011, 08:17:08 am »
Hope everything is going well.  Take care of yourself.

Greg
Being honest is not wronging others, continuing the dishonesty is.

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2011, 08:30:45 am »
I'm glad things are looking up for you , stay well . 
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2011, 10:38:26 am »
Glad to hear you're doing "ok" for the time being and back out of the hospital. I hope they can figure this all out and get you treated properly to make you feel 1000% better. ;D
The ward was quiet as my stay fell between two Bank {public} holidays and all hospitals try to be as empty as possible during those times.
wow. I've never heard of a "quiet" hospital, so at least if you had to be there, it wasn't too, too terrible of a stay. Every hospital I've been in over here in the states, while not a riot, is never quiet and the last place in the world anyone could get any rest. Between the lights always up, people always talking, nurses waking you up for blood, etc. - there's just no rest for the wicked. LOL I've usually checked out as soon as possible just so I can go home and sleep.  :D
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline bear60

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2011, 11:17:25 am »
You did the right thing by going into the hospital.
Hope things get better for you.
Poz Bear Type in Philadelphia

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2011, 11:27:14 pm »
Hey Theyer,

I am glad you went in to hospital when you did, but also very glad you are home again.

Be well, dear friend.

HUGS,

Mark
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2011, 05:29:10 pm »
Theyer, so glad you're doing better.  Please keep taking care of yourself! :-*
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline sharkdiver

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2011, 11:28:50 pm »
Please take care of yourself and keep us updated.

big ole hugs,
Sharkie

Offline Theyer

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2011, 06:32:27 am »
Many thanks every one,yes it was a good move I have felt the benefit all this week,and I have enough energy to be frustrated about not having enough energy / strength to do all that I wish to do.

I am nervous about Tues when I get the results off my blood work so some off that energy is my usual response to anxiety ,I can get a tad manic , when faced with things that scare me.

Also my dog13 years young who while I was in Hospital had to have er I guess a hysterectomy and yesterday I noticed a large lump between her front legs, this morning its clearly burst and has gone down so I am hoping its just a boil thing.

My good friend and neighbour brainbox looked after her and paid the vets bill which I am now paying back, anyway
I am off to      a-buy milk for smoothie and cereal  b keep up my osteoporosis strengthening walking program I mile a day but first   10 mgs Oxynorm change patches and I am off.

with love to you all
mhtv
"If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people ."  Tony Benn

Offline Theyer

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2011, 01:11:12 pm »
Tues meeting with Doc , blood work OK am very relieved.
t

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2011, 03:16:48 am »
That is great news Theyer.

HUGS,

Mark
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.