Main Forums > Living With HIV

COVID-19 Vaccine

(1/48) > >>

J.R.E.:
At 10:30.  The VA emailed me today at 11:30AM, I called the number they gave me, and I was all set up with both appointments within 10 minutes.

It will be the Pfizer vaccine. The second dose will be March 18th.

We have been trying what seems like forever, on various web sites with no luck at all.

I tried the Publix website at 7:00 this morning, by 7:47, Pinellas county was out of vaccine.

The Publix website is still available on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 7:00 am.

You go to there website, and it refreshes automatically every 60 seconds, and you hope that you get into the appointment que, to set up appt. We both have been doing this for several weeks with no luck, besides checking out Samsclub, Walmart , Winn Dixie, Walgreens and CVS. We only know one other person my age that has received the vaccine.

So that's what we've been doing on those days, but the bad weather slowed things down quite a bit.

Now we will try to get My Partner Ed, his vaccine.

Ray  8)

J.R.E.:

--- Quote from: J.R.E. on February 24, 2021, 07:40:31 pm ---
Now we will try to get My Partner Ed, his vaccine.

Ray  8)

--- End quote ---

OK, we're all set !! Ed received his EMAIL, a couple hours ago, and his two appointments are now set up.

He will get his first on Wednesday morning at 10:00am.( Pfizer).. His second one is scheduled for March 24th.

Meanwhile,.... No problems here with my first shot. The arm was just the slightest bit sore, but it only lasted a less than a day.

Ray

Snowangel:
Trying to attain a vaccine appt is a hot mess here too!  I feel so bad for the people who have no computer access.
It took me days before I was able to get mine and the appt was weeks out.  I got my first dose already and my second is mid March.

Good luck and stay well!

Snow

leatherman:
we're going today to get our first shot!

South Carolina is planning to open up to 55+ (including adults with comorbidities) on Mar 8th and is allowing early signup. Although my hubby is only 54, having HIV is on the list, so I got us both registered today.....and right after that got to set up the appointments for this afternoon! I'm very excited!

My mom and her husband (both older than 75) have gotten both their shots, along with my 103 yr. old grandmother in her nursing home. My youngest brother and his wife got COVID (from their son, when they helped him move some new furniture) back in August and were quite ill for 3 weeks. Recently they volunteered at a Charlotte NC vaccine location and got their first shot. (they should just about be ready for shot 2 next week). All this is excellent as me, my mom, my sister-in-law, 2 brothers, 2 nephews, and 1 niece (a new nurse who has had her 2 shots) all have our birthdays from feb 21 to mar 23. At this rate, we'll be able to have our big March birthday bash sometime in early April!!! A little late and a little over a year from the last time we all were able to get together last March.

The only downside is my middle brother. He's got a late Feb birthday, but he's 54 so isn't eligible yet.  :'(  He's a little bit of a loner anyway so maybe he can just zoom in to our birthday bash.  ;D ;D

J.R.E.:

--- Quote from: leatherman on March 03, 2021, 11:16:40 am ---we're going today to get our first shot!

South Carolina is planning to open up to 55+ (including adults with comorbidities) on Mar 8th and is allowing early signup. Although my hubby is only 54, having HIV is on the list, so I got us both registered today.....and right after that got to set up the appointments for this afternoon! I'm very excited!

--- End quote ---

That's great Mike !! It is such a relief to get that first shot ! Ed got his first shot at 9:40 this morning. It was quick and very well organized. I dont think it took more than 30 minutes.( This was the State doing it) They were giving them out in an old abandoned Winn Dixie .

From there, we went down to the VA, as I had a rehab Appointment scheduled for my right shoulder.

I had slight problems with my right rotator cuff, and the Dr, gave me a shot 3 weeks ago.

The good news is, I have no pain, and full mobility again in he right arm. After he gave me the shot, the pain went away.

I had the same issue in 1997, with the same rotator cuff, and the shot back then lasted, up until 3 months ago, when it started acting up again. Hopefully the steroid injection he gave me 3 weeks ago, will last another 24 years.

If it does, last that long,  that will take me to the ripe old age of 93.  :P

I have an MRI scheduled next Monday, just to recheck the area around my rotator cuff, My second Covid on the 18th, and an eye exam on the 22nd. March is a very busy month for me.

Hope everything is going well for you. ( You too Snow),....

This VA, was offering the covid vaccine to all ( Vets) who entered the main hospital, and who also did not have a previous appointment to get one. It's really beginning to roll out now.

Ray  8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version