Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 12:11:35 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773225
  • Total Topics: 66338
  • Online Today: 623
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 601
Total: 602

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Praise Report To this site.  (Read 4717 times)

Offline Kmg1947

Praise Report To this site.
« on: December 08, 2016, 04:48:15 pm »
Hello to you all,
Members of the site, family, friends and loved ones. I hope that I have posted this comment in the correct section. I don't always post or log in as there are times I have a need to just learn and continuously educate myself about HIV as well as all the treatments, health, mental awareness, and medications that are out there. I have to start off by saying when I first joined this site I was a ball of anxiety, angry, worked up nerves, scared and concerned for my son who is hiv+, and the members here not only helped assist me with education, but also gave me some tough love, advice and concern that as a person who loves some one positive needed to hear. I just want to say thank you. I know we are all from different places and ethnic back round, but we all have one thing in common and that is "hiv". It is amazing how things come in full circle rather you personally know people or not. My son is doing so well because of comments from Mecca, Jeff and other members teaching me my place as well as what I can do to be more beneficial..(crying).. Thank you..so much.".YOU ALL" absolutely have no idea the empowerment you have giving me which allowed me to pass on to my son. He has began a new regimen the one a day pill and lives in Georgia now with a Dr he just really and truly likes and doing well. We talk once sometimes twice a week but over this past year I am just amazed how much he is loving life. I am so blessed that I was put in touch with this site. Life with my son's diagnosis has been nothing short of an adventure, but the peace I have within is incredible.
Please continue touching lives..Poz Forum......listening to a favorite tune and I dedicate to you all....You guys are awesome.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3a3MA9nHGI.

Kmg1947
Loving Life through the Ups & Downs.

K

Offline Ptrk3

• Global Moderator
Re: Praise Report To this site.
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2016, 05:02:28 pm »
You're very welcome.  I'm glad things are working out well for you and your son.  May you both continue to live in good health and peace of mind.
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline harleymc

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2016, 02:25:30 am »
Hi Kmg,
 glad things are going well.

We're not ones for sugar coating what we say, the flip side of that is we can usually find a core of truth. But it all comes from love.

Big hugs to you and your son.
Happy Holidays

Offline tt816

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2017, 03:48:41 am »
Amen I totally agree this site is very help ....indeed they do give us tought luv also put all minds at ease because I'm very clueless about poz....thanks guy >:( :D

Offline Tonny2

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2017, 01:31:29 pm »

ojo      Hello King...I'm glad your son is doing great, you have been there for him all the way...You are right, sometimes tough love is more effective than puppy love. We try to give support to our new members, hoping they don't get stuck in that difficult period when diagnosed, because life goes on..listen, my mom has been by my side since day one, she was 60 years old when I was diagnosed, 22 years later, she is 82 years old, she hasn't quit, neither do I. She has been my rock, and I'm so sorry she has to go through all my illnesses and all that pain when I was close to dting, but, it is what it is, and I'm glad I still have her around...I congratulate you tfor being there for your son, wishing you two the best, thanks for the video...hugs                              ojo
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 01:36:56 pm by Tonny2 »

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.