Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 02:47:39 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773293
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 701
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 626
Total: 627

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Today...  (Read 3688 times)

Offline idee

• Hi...
Today...
« on: April 02, 2012, 10:12:31 pm »
I went in to see a doctor today. He asked about a documentary and wanted me to talk in it. I am not prepared for people to look at me as someone with a virus. I keep it secret and for a good reason.
I told who I have been with about the virus but it is just if someone says, " you weren't careful and deserve it."
I was asked by my doctor today how I caught it... I told him, " those who want to know are only asking so they know how to tell someone who has it. In other words they want to be dating and doing but don't out of fear."
Was I mean?
I won't be doing the documetary though. I am not the best one for it.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
Re: Today...
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2012, 05:55:41 am »
Idee, going public is a very personal choice.  You know what's best.

A few months ago, I was asked by a medical assistant in my doctor's office, how I acquired the virus.  I was in shock, as I don't believe that's a good question, especially from the medical profession.  I basically told her it was none of her business.  I don't like people being put in "classes."  It is surprising that your doctor would ask.  At least to me.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline deibster

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2012, 01:40:58 pm »
Hi, there are many surveys, some of them in POZ, that ask if you were an injection user? Did you have sex with homosexuals or bisexuals? I'm pretty sure my ASO, AIDS services organization, asked about injecting, MSM - man who has sex with men. The ASO uses this info to counsel clients on 'safe injecting' and/or 'safer sex.'  Since my ASO has shown no stigma or discrimination, I answered the question.  ;)
Hugs deibster
Poz since Dec 1992. Meds since 1995. Disability since 2005. Constantly fighting the Lipodystrophy 'beer gut.'

Prezista/Norvir, Epzicom, Cytomel, Prevacid, Coumadin, pravastatin, Fenofibrate, Remeron, Zoloft, Concerta, Flomax, Allegra180, Nasacort, Centrum, Flax Oil, Fish Oil

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2012, 04:44:35 pm »
ASO's do risk counseling irregardless of, well, risk.  I know at the ASO I work at we ask the transmission risk question for statistical purposes.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline idee

• Hi...
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2012, 07:37:51 pm »
[iI give the doctors all the info they need. I feel like they help me and I have a lot of respect for them.
 My doctors are actually great, so are the receptionists.
 But this gyn doctor implied that I was hiding something for not wanting to do the documentary so I just felt wierded out by him.
 Plus I only see a gyn once a year and I will just find a new one next year.
  [/i]

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.