Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:06:58 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 424
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 363
Total: 363

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: help please  (Read 28380 times)

Offline MNFBUC

Re: help please
« Reply #50 on: November 22, 2006, 04:13:48 pm »
thanks rapid...

and i forgot to add one more question to my previous post...the old " bizarre stories " of people taking up to 1 year and maybe even beyond to seroconvert...was that just i guess " made up stories " .. was those couple of cases even real....or do you think it was because they had recurrent exposures ....??? whats the scoop on that?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #51 on: November 22, 2006, 04:19:43 pm »
Reread all the other post replies to you. I believe we gave you answers to that question before.

Offline MNFBUC

« Reply #52 on: November 26, 2006, 05:14:57 pm »
ann or andy or whoever...why does the cdc still say when you call them that testing beyond 6 months  still might be recommended up to a year if your doctor says... is that just some more CYA information and testing beyond 6 months is not recommended for anyone..just curious..  i just dont understand their recomendations .. 3 months if you dont know , 6 months if you know they were positive , then they say rare cases 6-12 months seroconversion have been reported , but testing beyond 6 months not recommended ..  have they finally realized that no one will seroconvert past 6 months , but just leave that 6-12 months crap because people did test positive ( due to less sensitive tests back then ) back then or what> lol .. confused please sum that up..   I believe the CDC needs to get their crap together..

thanks
« Last Edit: November 26, 2006, 05:18:22 pm by MNFBUC »

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #53 on: November 26, 2006, 05:23:11 pm »
MN,

You need to get over the fact that you got a blowjob. Getting a blowjob is not a risk for hiv infection and you never needed one test, let alone one at, or past, six months. You are conclusively hiv negative and if you keep on using this forum to wring your hands over a blowjob, you'll earn yourself another time out - eight weeks this time.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline MNFBUC

« Reply #54 on: November 27, 2006, 03:31:15 pm »
i know that .. i understand i didnt have a risk ....im just asking this question out of curiosity now, why are the rare reports of 6-12 months still on CDC's website...if no one will seroconvert past 6 months...i mean i know that even the CDC doesnt recommend past 6 months..but why would they still try to scare people with that " rare reports of people testing positive 6-12 months have been reported " bullcrap on the site???????
« Last Edit: November 27, 2006, 03:45:33 pm by MNFBUC »

Offline MNFBUC

« Reply #55 on: November 27, 2006, 04:11:34 pm »
i know that .. i understand i didnt have a risk ....im just asking this question out of curiosity now, why are the rare reports of 6-12 months still on CDC's website...if no one will seroconvert past 6 months...i mean i know that even the CDC doesnt recommend past 6 months..but why would they still try to scare people with that " rare reports of people testing positive 6-12 months have been reported " bullcrap on the site?
« Last Edit: November 27, 2006, 04:48:58 pm by MNFBUC »

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #56 on: November 27, 2006, 04:49:05 pm »
MN,

Who knows why the CDC has outdated information on their website. Considering they are run by a government that favours Abstinence Only education - which has been proven to not work - instead of proper sex education, they think politics are more important than real, scientific facts.

The fact of the matter is that the vast majority of people who have actually been infected will seroconvert and test positive by six WEEKS, with the average time to seroconversion being only 22 days. It is rare even for people on chemotherapy, anti-organ-rejection drugs or long term IV drug users to take more than three months to test positive.

You really need to let this go, mate. Just make sure you use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse and you will avoid hiv infection - and you won't have to worry about the time it takes to seroconvert either.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline MNFBUC

« Reply #57 on: November 27, 2006, 04:52:17 pm »
thanks ..yall always make me feel better...and even if drug users or cancer patients or whatever did take longer than 3 months ( i know its rare ), all seroconversions will be caught by 6 months because no one will seroconvert past 6 months, no matter what , no matter your health!! am i still on the right track >?
« Last Edit: November 27, 2006, 05:50:42 pm by MNFBUC »

Offline MNFBUC

« Reply #58 on: November 27, 2006, 05:50:53 pm »
?
« Last Edit: November 28, 2006, 08:54:43 am by MNFBUC »

Offline MNFBUC

« Reply #59 on: November 28, 2006, 08:55:08 am »
hanks ..yall always make me feel better...and even if drug users or cancer patients or whatever did take longer than 3 months ( i know its rare ), all seroconversions will be caught by 6 months because no one will seroconvert past 6 months, no matter what , no matter your health!! am i still on the right track >? 

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #60 on: November 28, 2006, 09:59:35 am »
MN,

Your question has already been answered. All but the very rarest of person will seroconvert and test positive by three months. All hiv infections will be caught by six months, but unless you have a immune system that is severely compromised through drastic medical treatment or being at death's door through years of drug misuse, then you don't need to test past three months.

Keep posting and you will earn yourself a time out. You never had a risk in the first place.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline MNFBUC

« Reply #61 on: November 28, 2006, 05:46:07 pm »
thanks

Offline MNFBUC

« Reply #62 on: November 29, 2006, 06:24:08 pm »
aidsmeds i just wanted to say sorry for continously posting over no risk incident...i finally realized this is the place that knows what their talking about..i ve heard people in the past saying the CDC gives different answers to questions , and believe me they do...i called the other day 3 different times and got 3 different answers about testing beyond 6 months... 1 was like yea you need to, the other one was like talk to a doctor, and the 3rd one ( probably the smartest of them all ) was like man after 6 months , that is as accurate as your going to get and no more tests are recommended after 6 months....

It seems like the CDC is the only place left who still talks stuff about 12 months . lol. ... so its obvious they are outdated......

thanks again aidsmeds.... yall are great   

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #63 on: November 29, 2006, 06:36:39 pm »
I have no idea why they are going against their own guidelines. 3 months is the conclusive test, not 6 months or a year.

Offline MNFBUC

« Reply #64 on: December 08, 2006, 09:26:16 am »
i have one more question .. when i got my test results...the lady said 18 months was the window period...let me guess...i should nt even worry about what she said cause she must not be up to date on hiv window period information .. 6 months is still the longest anyone would have to wait..

how come people dont educate the ones who give our hiv test about the new window period and hiv testing information..??

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #65 on: December 08, 2006, 09:37:39 am »
They want your money and we aren't concerned with how much you spend. We give you the facts and the main one is that you didn't have a risk. You don't need to test, but you do need to move on.

Offline MNFBUC

« Reply #66 on: December 13, 2006, 09:10:56 am »
hello everyone..hope yalls holiday seasons going well....im doing alot better...i just need to understand one thing...i know i didnt have a risk...but i really want to know incase i ever need to take a test after another possible exposure if i have one.... please answer

ok...now with the new window period being 3 months...unless drug user etc... testing out to 6 months will be definite and no other tests are needed since no one seroconverts past 6 months.... i understand all this...

but when you hear about testing out to 1 year...why is that ... is that because back then the old tests were not as sensitive  and could not pick it up until then while in fact the people still have seroconverted within 3 months... just dont understand that.... i guess since science did studies they also seen that people actually seroconvert with in 3 months...confused....why was a year even mentioned back then.....and not now....please reply...

thanks ..

MNFBUC

Offline MNFBUC

« Reply #67 on: December 13, 2006, 09:32:09 am »

Offline MNFBUC

« Reply #68 on: December 13, 2006, 10:51:40 am »
hello?

Offline Darkfiber

« Reply #69 on: December 13, 2006, 11:19:16 am »
MNF

No educated, up to date source would tell you to test out to one year.

It does not matter what old outdated websites are stating.

Regards

D.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #70 on: December 13, 2006, 12:47:00 pm »
MNF,

The reason why the window period has been coming down from one year, to six months, to the current three month standard doesn't really have anything to do with the tests.

It has to do with the fact that over they years, as clinics have gained more and more experience with testing, we have come to understand that no matter what, the vast majority of people will seroconvert and test postive by six weeks. I'm fully expecting the window period to be reduced to six weeks sometime in the next few years. Until then, we go by the three month conclusive negative result rule of thumb.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline MNFBUC

« Reply #71 on: December 21, 2006, 05:53:39 pm »
merry christmas all....hey i was just searching around on this website called poz.com.... i found this article where it says performers and receiving oral sex has documented cases of infection occuring...whats the deal with that....isnt aidsmeds joined with poz.com... just dont understand ... does this doctor not know what shes talking about or what....whats the deal?

http://www.poz.com/articles/427_2490.shtml

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #72 on: December 21, 2006, 07:24:41 pm »
It doesn't say anywhere in the link that you posted, that there are documented cases. Please reread what it says.

Offline MNFBUC

« Reply #73 on: December 22, 2006, 09:01:38 am »
"Penile oral-infection cases have been documented for both performers and recipients. "

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #74 on: December 22, 2006, 09:42:38 am »
And what else did it say? "Is HIV infection through oral sex possible? Yes. Is it probable? No." Why? Because there is no risk. Those so called documented cases have been refuted. Why? Because you can not take the word of a person that says, "That's all we ever did," of which, there is no way to back up their statements. If you would have read the studies that have been done on couples that one is positive and one is neg. You'll see that none have been infected by giving and receiving oral sex.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #75 on: December 22, 2006, 10:26:20 am »
MN,

You got a blowjob and it's high time you got over it. You didn't have a risk from a blowjob and you have negative tests out to six months to prove it. There's nothing more we can do for you here - everything we say falls on deaf ears anyway.

I warned you a few weeks ago that if you didn't stop posting over this no-risk with a conclusive negative situation, that you would be given a time out to encourage you to seek face-to-face help with your sexual anxieties. You ignored my warning completely and now I have no choice but to give you a four week time out. Do NOT create a new account to get around your time out because if you do, you will be banned permanently, no questions asked.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline MNFBUC

« Reply #76 on: December 22, 2006, 10:27:52 am »
wow ... ok...i was talking with rapid.. but ok merry christmas to you too

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #77 on: December 22, 2006, 10:32:51 am »
MF,

I've just remembered you've already had one time out already. Your second time out is for 56 days. Please seek out the services of a mental health care professional to help you deal with your anxieties. This forum is not the appropriate place to deal with them.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline MNFBUC

« Reply #78 on: March 12, 2007, 08:53:35 am »
hey aidsmeds..the timeout has helped me.. i got some counseling and am doing alot better...i just need to finalize one thing with yall please... i know i didnt hafve a risk, i know that all hiv infections will be caught by 6 months, regardless of how bad off you are, but please.. answer this... would like ann , rapid, or andy to reply as well.....

now even though the lady at the health unit told me i had to come back at 18 monts post exposure,  that is nonsense right... ??? should i go back... only reason im asking  is because the cdc said that testing beyond 6 months is not recommended and should be based on clinical judgment... so i figured when she said that, it was considered clinical judgment.... is she just not up to date on hiv science?   just help me out here... please... Do I need to go back and have another hiv antibody test because she said that?    i swear this is it .. and i truly appreciate everything yall have done not only for me, but everyone else as well...
« Last Edit: March 12, 2007, 08:55:47 am by MNFBUC »

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #79 on: March 12, 2007, 09:40:45 am »
Looks like you are headed for another time out.

Offline MNFBUC

« Reply #80 on: March 12, 2007, 11:36:12 am »
can i just get an answer please... do i need to go back just because she said to at 18 months  or does she just not know what shes talking about.. please answer... i swear this is all....

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #81 on: March 12, 2007, 01:35:41 pm »
MN,

Please let me remind you of what I said to you in December. My answer isn't going to change.

MN,

You got a blowjob and it's high time you got over it. You didn't have a risk from a blowjob and you have negative tests out to six months to prove it. There's nothing more we can do for you here - everything we say falls on deaf ears anyway.

I warned you a few weeks ago that if you didn't stop posting over this no-risk with a conclusive negative situation, that you would be given a time out to encourage you to seek face-to-face help with your sexual anxieties. You ignored my warning completely and now I have no choice but to give you a four week time out. Do NOT create a new account to get around your time out because if you do, you will be banned permanently, no questions asked.

Ann

You got a no-risk blowjob - with a negative result out to six months - get over it.

And don't forget, if I have to give you another time out, this one will be for keeps.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline MNFBUC

« Reply #82 on: March 13, 2007, 01:33:19 pm »
ok thanks ann.... so what i should do , is just man up , and realize that the lady did not know what shes talking about when she said to test at 18 months and forget about it since i have tests all the way out to 6 months.... regardless of what cdc says about listening to clinical judgment.....  HA.. i guess we should be aware of what clinical judgment we listen to since they are not all up to date on   hiv testing.... 

So this is it... after this answer i will not be back....  I need to just move on dont I and forget about that 18 month bullshit and just realize that i didnt even need test past 3 months, and especially dont need to test past 6 months since science already proved ALL INFECTIONS, REGARDLESS OF WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU, will show up in 6 months...  CDC says it itself anyway... 

Thanks in advance for everything yall have done ... ill stop by from time to time... but i will always remember yall.... Atleast we know that there are some people out there who like to help others...... 

please answer that question.... thanks everyone who helped me on this forum.... MNFBUC.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2007, 02:07:49 pm by MNFBUC »

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #83 on: March 13, 2007, 02:17:35 pm »
please answer that question.... thanks everyone who helped me on this forum.... MNFBUC.

MN,

What question? You didn't ask one.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline MNFBUC

« Reply #84 on: March 13, 2007, 02:31:26 pm »
 Dont I just need to move on  and forget about that 18 month bullshit and just realize that i didnt even need test past 3 months, and I especially dont need to test past 6 months since science already proved ALL INFECTIONS, REGARDLESS OF WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU, will show up in 6 months...  CDC says it itself anyway...    Basically with my 6 month test, my question is  do i need to go retest since the CDC says listen to clinical judgment or testing site staff,  or can i just forget about that 18 month bullshit and move on with my life since i have a 6 month negative antibody test and that lady didnt really know what the hell she was talking about..  Hell the CDC says 6 months is the limit lol..

thank you so much ann...  you really dont believe me...but im telling you after this answer to this question..yall would have relieved me...there is something special about yall...

much love and thankfullness

mnfbuc

Offline MNFBUC

« Reply #85 on: March 13, 2007, 03:40:50 pm »
any expert can answer for me please...im ready to let this go....
« Last Edit: March 13, 2007, 03:56:26 pm by MNFBUC »

Offline ACinKC

• Bring it VIRUS! #2 Ranked In-crowd Member!
« Reply #86 on: March 13, 2007, 04:02:32 pm »
YOU DO NOT NEED TO RETEST!  They have told you that NUMEROUS times.  Please Please do yourself a favor and listen to them.  They have already answered this.

No need to retest.  Move on.  She doesnt know what she is talking about(The nurse telling you to come get retested at 18months).  Get on with life.
LIFE is not a race to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well-preserved body, but, rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW! WHAT A
RIDE!!!

Offline MNFBUC

« Reply #87 on: March 13, 2007, 07:41:46 pm »
thanks ac..i appreciate it... i just want to know if either ann , andy , or rapid agree...im sure they do... i just want to hear it from them one time....but thanks..

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #88 on: March 13, 2007, 09:03:00 pm »
Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Offline MNFBUC

« Reply #89 on: March 15, 2007, 09:21:34 am »
so just forget about what the lady said about 18 months regardless of what cdc says about testing after 6 months should be based on clinical judgment or testing site staff, and move on with my life since she aint up to date on hiv testing ?
« Last Edit: March 15, 2007, 10:08:34 am by MNFBUC »

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #90 on: March 15, 2007, 10:08:58 am »
MN,

You're not listening. You didn't have a risk. You didn't need to test once over a blowjob. You didn't need to test at six months. You don't need further testing.

You have also not listened to my warnings. I'm giving you that permanent time out I warned you about several times now.

I suggest you continue with your therapy. We can't help you here.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.