Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 06:04:44 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37651
  • Latest: Toropi_
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773288
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 651
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 617
Total: 619

Author Topic: Should I remove or not wisdom teeth for a safer oral sex in the long run?  (Read 6830 times)

Offline Bettersafethensorry

I'm a 22 year old female, not sexual active yet but i plan on starting my sexual life very soon. The thing is, i have two impacted wisdom teeth which hurt from time to time, the upper ones are fully erupted but they biting my inner cheeks when eating, etc, so i often have bitten cheeks below the upper wisdom teeth, it is often red, sore, heals and then i bit again, not on purpose, it is just that it keeps rubbing agaisnt each other, my jaw might be small for it.
I will only wear condoms in prenetative sex, not oral so i worry. Also these constant sores from biting could have immune cells on it from the constant healing proccess which might make HIV entry easier so i think it is best to not have any bitten cheeks altogether and take the offending upper wisdom teeth out.
should i take the upper ones out for them to no longer bit my cheeks and leave sores?
But then it is going to be two open pockets that im afraid will increase my risk :( how long would extracted teeth pockets take To heal fully and not possess a risk during oral sex? Or it doesnt fully heals, closes so it will be extra risky to have empty teeth pockets? :( im lost i really want to be safe at oral sex.
I think about taking pRep too but thats for the future so i'm just worrying about these things now. Thank you so much.

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Threads: @jim16309
    • Social Media: Threads
Hi

Look given a BJ is a risk for a number of easier to transmit STI, as for HIV and giving a blowjob the virus is very fragile, and your mouth has dozens of protein and enzymes that damage the virus and render it unable to infect.

Its a near negligible hiv risk and wisdom teeth are not going to change that, its a theoretical risk if you had gaping open wounds in your mouth, again even if you had gaping wounds it would still not be more than a tiny concern due to saliva and, other barriers at play.

Work with your dentist about the wisdom teeth, the older you are the more likely its going to be fused to your jaw and, hence more difficult to remove

Here's what you need to know in order to avoid hiv infection:

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, every time, no exceptions.  Consider adding PrEP as an additional layer of protection against HIV.

Keep in mind that some sexual practices which may be described as ‘safe’ in terms of HIV transmission might still pose a risk for transmission of other STI's, so please do get fully tested regularly and at least yearly for all STI's including but not limited to HIV and test more frequently if unprotected intercourse occurs

Also note that it is possible to have an STI and show no signs or symptoms and the only way of knowing is by testing.

More information on HIV Basics, PEP, TaSP and Transmission can be found through the links in my signature to our POZ pages, this includes information on HIV Testing

Kind regards

Jim

HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.