Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:30:06 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 391
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 323
Total: 324

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Advice please  (Read 7809 times)

Offline Londonbttm

Advice please
« on: September 20, 2017, 04:03:27 pm »
I tested positive 20th August  2017 with a cd4 of 220 and vl 40k. Bizarrely I was pleased to know so I could start meds and keep living. I have started meds 8 days ago truvada and rezolsta, taking them in the morning after breakfast.

The challenge I am facing is GAS and bloating not being a windy person I am shocked at how much gas I am producing by mid morning I have also lose stools some days.

Does anyone have ideas about how to stop the GAS and bloating I tried peppermint tea today and it seemed to help until late afternoon then the gas returned. Any ideas and tips would be really appreciated.

Should have said this is a great resource!

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Threads: @jim16309
    • Social Media: Threads
Re: Advice please
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2017, 04:09:40 pm »
Sorry to hear of the diagnosis.

You could try adding bio yogurt with live cultures into your diet to help things settle. Tesco  ;) if it does not settle talk to your doctor of course. I will add however that your only 8 days in, so do give yourself and your body time to adjust and heal, could be a few weeks of settling into it.

Jim

HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Londonbttm

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2017, 04:15:22 pm »
Jim
Thanks for the quick response, will try the bio yogurt. Anyone else have any ideas all thoughts, ideas and experiences greatly accepted.

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2017, 04:20:17 pm »
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Tonny2

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2017, 09:29:54 pm »

ojo      Hello there...why don't you take your meds at night, may be by the time you are working, you will be gas free, and if the tea helps, may be that would help, also, you can ask your doctor if you can use some meds for gas...as jim said, you might need to give your body some time to adjust to your meds, by the way, you mention taking eozista, did you misspelled it, or may be it's a drug that i don't know...best of luck and please, keep us posted...hugs                                         ojo

PS, I'm glad you got tested and started treatment

Offline Londonbttm

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2017, 03:33:19 pm »
It's rezolsta :)

Offline Tonny2

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2017, 04:08:40 pm »

ojo      Thanks for your answer, on this side of the pond it's called Prezcobix, that's why I didn't know it...it's really incredible how many medications there are out in the market nowaday, it is difficult to keep up with the names, which makes me very happy. when  was diagnosed, I remember qw have AZT, lamivudine, then combivir and the toxic ones,, serit, hivid and videx...good for you newbies and for all of us...take care...hugs                                          ojo

Offline filopoz

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2017, 04:10:59 pm »
I have similar side effects when I started taking Genvoya.    Itook some probiotics and the gas is gone in 1 month and my stool is back to normal. Also, you must eat vegetables with the probiotics as this will help the good micro to grow in your stomach. I also learn to eat those naturally fermented foods like sauerkraut and kimchi.

Offline CaveyUK

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2017, 05:22:46 pm »
I had some problems when starting my regime which contains Truvada.

Personally, I found the intensity of the issue wears off over time, so it may just be a case of bearing with it. Probiotics sounds like a good idea, and there is a product you can buy off-the-shelf in supermarkets, which is called something like 'Wind-Eze' that may be useful, although frankly by the time I to-ed and fro-ed about taking it, the gas situation wasn't as bad.
HIV - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here:
PEP and PrEP

Offline Londonbttm

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2017, 03:53:57 pm »
So further update - hung it with my meds and the probiotics but really felt I wasn’t able to continue and went back to the doctor after 2 moths and she was horrified that I hadn’t come back sooner. Swapped meds and within a day Ll previous symptoms went and now after 2 weeks on new meds ( will post what they are shortly) no side effects to report. And the really great news is that today I was told that blood tests from 10th Nov show undetectable VL. Didn’t expect it so soon but really pleased. btw realised my original VL was only 4000 not 40k as shown above. Keep up the good work folks.

Offline Londonbttm

« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2017, 02:55:26 am »
The meds I am now on are truvada and raltegravir and yep all side effects gone. The good news is recent bloods undetectable still and vl of 400 I am pleased that in less than 4 months I have seen such good numbers. Not sure if this is normal but it works for me. Again thnx for all the great advice on here really helps, will keep u posted on progress.....

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2017, 06:34:32 am »
Well glad to hear the switch is working for you.

vl of 400
Do you mean CD4 of 400?

Jim
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline harleymc

« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2017, 05:37:02 pm »
Well done you!

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.