Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 10:05:55 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773225
  • Total Topics: 66338
  • Online Today: 716
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 599
Total: 600

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: HIV Question  (Read 4630 times)

Offline Oliver1981

• Standard
HIV Question
« on: August 17, 2016, 10:01:57 am »
Good morning everyone.

I am a heterosexual male - I Recently received a BJ from a TS that lasted less than 10 seconds. When I looked down there right after there was a little red stuff around the base of my dick where my stomach and Dick meet. There was nothing on my dick and I think this could've been lipstick.

Does this carry an HIV risk? Even if the red stuff was blood is there a need to get tested?

Thank you in advance for your answer.

Offline Wade

• Global Moderator
Re: HIV Question
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2016, 10:13:08 am »
Hi
Getting a blow job is not risk for HIV , there has not been one confirmed case since the epidemic began and testing is not necessary .
Keep in mind other STIs are much more easily transmitted.

Best Wade

To avoid infection,
You need to be using condoms for all anal and vaginal intercourse until you are in a trusting monogamous relationship and both have been tested for all STIs and HIV.
Everyone who is sexually active should have an annual exam and test for all STIs and HIV ,and always after unprotected intercourse. Always using condoms will give you peace of mind your tests will return with a negative result.
HIV 101 - Basics
 HIV 101
 You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
 HIV Transmission and Risks
 You can read more about Testing here:
 HIV Testing
 You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
 HIV TasP
 You can read more about HIV prevention here:
 HIV prevention
 You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
 PEP and PrEP

Offline Oliver1981

• Standard
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2016, 10:45:01 am »
Hi Wade, so even if there was blood present in the mouth there is still no concern for me?

Thank you for your answer.

Offline Wade

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2016, 10:51:22 am »
That is correct it makes no difference.

Best, Wade
HIV 101 - Basics
 HIV 101
 HIV Testing
 HIV TasP
 HIV prevention
 PEP and PrEP

Offline Oliver1981

• Standard
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2016, 08:31:58 pm »
One other question:

The encounter I described happened two weeks ago. For the last week I have had angular chelitis on the corners of my mouth and I just saw a pimple/white spot on the side of my tongue.

Are these symptoms of acute HIV infection?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Offline Ptrk3

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2016, 09:55:14 pm »
Whatever is going on in the corners of your mouth has nothing to do with the HIV, nor does a pimple/white spot on your tongue.

Wade is correct: your actions in this instance did not put you at risk for contraction of the HIV.  Stop fretting and move on.
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline Oliver1981

• Standard
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2016, 12:21:50 pm »
Hello:

Still worried about my exposure.

Even with blood present in the sucker's mouth, this is still a zero risk blow job and you wouldn't even suggest testing?

Dr. Hansfeld from med help forums said that angular chelitis is in people with late stage HIV, so me having this is not an HIV symptom?

Offline Wade

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2016, 12:53:34 pm »
We do not comment on what other say, and stick by the assessment you were given.
You did not have risk from getting a blow job...period

Wade
HIV 101 - Basics
 HIV 101
 HIV Testing
 HIV TasP
 HIV prevention
 PEP and PrEP

Offline Oliver1981

• Standard
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2016, 12:56:27 pm »
We do not comment on what other say, and stick by the assessment you were given.

Wade

Wade,

Thanks for the reply.

And you say zero risk with 100% confidence even with blood?

Offline Wade

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2016, 01:10:40 pm »
You're Welcome, and as I said earlier no one has ever been infected from getting a blow job.  It really is safe to move on.

Wade
HIV 101 - Basics
 HIV 101
 HIV Testing
 HIV TasP
 HIV prevention
 PEP and PrEP

Offline Oliver1981

• Standard
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2019, 02:34:29 pm »
Hi, I have some questions about transmission (and I apologize now if they sound stupid or uneducated).

The cdc website breaks down infections by race, gender and transmission mode.

So my question is this: since white heterosexual men have a lower infection rate than black and Hispanic men does that mean the 1/2,500 chance of infection through vaginal sex is actually lower for the white male?  If I have always worn a condom that didn’t fail for vaginal sex is there any risk of HIV infection?

Also, I have read a lot that the HIV positive persons “viral load” can increase or decrease how easily their partner can be infected. So my question is can a person with a SKY HIGH viral load who has blood in their mouth and give me a blow job infect me...or is this scenario still zero risk?

Thank you for your expertise on these topics.

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Threads: @jim16309
    • Social Media: Threads
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2019, 02:45:41 pm »
Statistics have very little to do with risk assessments, they widly differ from region to region (Culture difference) and nothing and nobody can accurately calculate an individuals risk once they have met all the bilogical conditions required for aquiring HIV. You could be the first in the 2500 or the last, I've known people who never used protection and are fine and people who only had 1 single exposure in life and aquired HIV

Here we simply presume the person is living with HIV and without treatment and look if the conditions are met or not for aquiring HIV.

Regardless of VL getting a blowjob does not meet the conditions required and hence in nearly 40 years of this pandemic and over 80 million transmissions of HIV nobody has aquired HIV from getting there penis sucked, worring about being the first is irrational in my book.

Stop reading paranoid nonesense, yes I mean the CDC with that!

Jim
« Last Edit: January 07, 2019, 02:48:59 pm by JimDublin »
HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Oliver1981

• Standard
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2019, 02:49:45 pm »
Thanks Jim,

I think I know your answer already but if a condom never failed in vaginal sex then I am at zero risk?

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2019, 03:02:11 pm »
HIV can not transmit thought an intact condom and condoms and they shred during intercourse if they fail leaving no doubt, so as long as this did not happen than HIV is not a concern.

The problem with vaginal/anal intercourse in short with condoms is inconsistent usage and people dismissing exposures and breakages.

Also desipte no HIV risk as long as the condom covered the head of your penis and did not shred during the intercourse, condom usage and the levels of protection for various other and easier to transmit STIs, depends greatly on differences in how the diseases or infections are transmitted.  Some infections (Not HIV) are transmitted primarily by skin-to-skin / skin to sore contact, which may infect areas not covered by a condom. As example genital herpes, human papillomavirus [HPV] infection, syphilis, and chancroid. This and the fact condoms mostly due to incorrect usage can break is part of the reason its "safer" sex not "safe"

Wade

You had this answer before BTW.. it's not going to change!

Here's what you need to know in order to avoid hiv infection:

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, every time, no exceptions.  Consider starting PrEP as an additional layer of HIV prevention going forward.

Keep in mind that some sexual practices which may be described as safe in terms of HIV might still pose a risk for transmission of other far easier to acquire STI's, so please do get fully tested regularly and at least yearly for all STI's including but not limited to HIV and test more frequently if unprotected intercourse occurs

Also note that it is possible to have an STI and show no signs or symptoms and the only way of knowing is by testing.

More information on HIV Basics, PEP, TaSP and Transmission can be found through the links in my signature to our POZ pages, this includes information on HIV Testing

Kind regards

Jim

Please Note.
As a member of the AM I Infected Forum you are required to only post in this one thread no matter how long between visits or the subject matter. You can find this thread by going to your profile and selecting show own post and it will take you here . It helps us to help you when you keep all your thoughts or questions in one thread and it helps other readers to follow the discussion. Any additional threads will be deleted.
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Oliver1981

• Standard
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2019, 03:16:45 pm »
Thanks again Jim for all the info.

Why is there so much misinformation out there?...especially when it come to receiving blow jobs?....if there was never an infection from insertive oral why don’t they say there’s no risk rather than a theoretical risk or a low risk?....because I think many people see that and they’ll see that there’s still a risk and they panic (like me).

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2019, 03:32:28 pm »
Myths presist hence we still get banana questions and oranges

Also CYA policy (Cover your ass) means some will report theoretically never happened before senarios as risks without explaining context of what extresms would be required even for that.

Example - I presume you did not beat to a bloody pulp the partner requiring an ambulance or try to stab to death before she/he sucked you right? Hence we tell you no risk.

Now if I presumed everyone was Hannibal Lecter and that never before in history event would happen out of CYA or paranoia my answer might be (unwarranted) different     ....

Anyhow as much as I enjoy dicussing this it's very much off topic.

You risk assessment for HIV from what you posted is none. If you are in the habit of extremes like I mentioned let me know

Jim
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Oliver1981

• Standard
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2019, 01:27:11 pm »
Last question: are other std,s spread easier from insertive oral? Or are those also considered very low to zero risk?

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2019, 01:40:50 pm »
There are easier to transmit STI's

Levels of risk for various STIs, depends greatly on differences in how the diseases or infections are transmitted. Some infections (Not HIV) are transmitted primarily by skin-to-skin contact/sore contact and some infections are far more capable or hardened against conditions and infecting different routes or cells that HIV can not or can not remain infectious under.

Take condom usage, HIV can not transmit through an intact condom however although it reduces the risk of easier to acquire STI's they may still infect areas not covered by a condom (Not HIV) so it remain an STI risk. (Such things like;  genital herpes, human papillomavirus [HPV] infection, syphilis, and chancroid as example ).

Hence its safer sex with protection and acts not "safe" sex when we talk about STI's and not just HIV and so as you know we tell people to keep in mind that some sexual practices which may be described as safe in terms of HIV might still pose a risk for transmission of other far easier to acquire STI's, so please do get fully tested regularly and at least yearly for all STI's including but not limited to HIV and test more frequently if unprotected intercourse occurs

Jim
« Last Edit: January 09, 2019, 01:42:58 pm by JimDublin »
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Oliver1981

• Standard
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2019, 09:59:12 am »
When you make your assessment of chances such as 1/2500 chance is that assuming the partner is not on meds and has the highest viral load possible?

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2019, 10:20:18 am »
Oliver

You had no 1/2500 HIV risk from what you posted here ...

Now for all risk assessments we presume that the person is living with HIV and not on treatment. In your case it simply was not a concern.

I've given you a full risk assessment, we have been over this topic with you in depth and it is not going to change. You had sex, great no need to panic, move on with your life contuine to use condoms and like every sexually active adult should test out of standard routine for HIV and far easier to transmit STI's at least yearly.

If you accept the assessment or not is entirely up to you however there really is nothing more I can do for you in this setting.

I will add that looking back at your posting history I would suggest if you keep having irrational irrelevant fears and find them impacting your life than consider speaking to a therapist to help you learn to control/cope with them.

Best, Jim

Please consider this topic closed
. If you continue to post about no risk situations it will lead to a timeout (ban) from the forum, this is to support you as encouragement for you to seek professional face to face mental health support.

HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2019, 08:56:52 am »
Banned as I wish you well but if you keep having irrational  fears impacting/controlling your life than consider speaking to a therapist to help you learn to control/cope with them.

Instead of focusing on "what ifs" & "never happened" non existent issues focus instead on reducing your real world risks and keep using condoms no exceptions, also consider starting PrEP as an additional layer of HIV prevention for the future

Best, Jim
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.