Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:38:17 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772945
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 375
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 363
Total: 364

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: The Igster has shingles!!!  (Read 35583 times)

Offline pozguy75

• POZitively Speaking
The Igster has shingles!!!
« on: December 29, 2007, 08:33:17 pm »
It's true boys and girls. This is his first outbreak and he has them from the middle of his back, and they go all the down his right arm and end on his right hand. We have him medicated on high doses of pain meds, and he starts Valtrex soon!! By the way, he thought he would be a man, and not allow me to take him to the doctor for the first few days...

He is in so much pain, and he has the damn things on the ends of his fingers so he can't even type or write! I feel bad that he is in so much pain...I wish I could wave a magic wand and take it away...my poor guy. :'( :'( :'(

I still love him, even though he looks hideous!! I mean hideous! But I will love him nonetheless...cause I know he will be pretty again, soon.

Did I mention he looks HIDEOUS???

I mean all joking aside, I don't know how is doing it, cause when I had them, my God I thought I was going to die...please wish him well and send positive thoughts his way, I know he will appreciate it!

And what ever he says: I DO NOT CHEAT AT MONOPOLY!!!!! He will spread viscous lies when given the chance, and he will use the shingles as an excuse for sympathy...do not believe it!!
Dx 2005
ATRIPLA

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
Re: The Igster has shingles!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2007, 08:36:50 pm »
Oh no, poor Iggy.....I feel for you, bud.   Having the shingles is NO fun, and extremely painful.

Hope the Valtrex will begin to heal them quickly....

Love & hugs to both of you,

Alan
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline sharkdiver

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2007, 10:31:26 pm »
ouch!!!!!!

poor baby, I'm soooo sorry! I hope you get better really soon!

I think I'm getting sympathy pains from the memory of having it.

Offline shadowfluid

• Mike
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2007, 11:01:49 pm »
I got the shingles 2 weeks ago. Very mild though on my left ribs.
Took some valtrex and it helped right away. They still itch every now and then...blah.
I wonder if it's my first symptom of HIV. wah.
Jan 08       321/23%  VL 92,000 (very mild shingles)
Feb 1 08    Start Truvada+Viramune
March 08    470/33%  VL 320
mid-May     Start Reyataz/Norvir/Truvada
June 08      571/ 40%     VL   80
August 08   585/ 33%     VL >50
Nov  Lab error!!!!!!!!wah.
Jan 09        535      Undetectable
March 11     756

Offline Buckmark

• Would you like to tie me up with your ties, Ty?
    • Henry's Home Page
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2007, 11:26:55 pm »
Jeromy,

Ouch, I'm so sorry to hear that Iggy has shingles.  Large quantities of pain meds are called for, definitely. 

Of course, you and I know that trying to "tough it out" and waiting a few days before visiting the doctor was the worse thing he could do.  He might have been able to nip this in the bud, or at least shorten the duration / extent.  Not that you'd use this as an opportunity to say "I told you so"   :-X   But perhaps Iggy will be more inclined to listen to you in the future?   ;)

Regards,

Henry
"Life in Lubbock, Texas, taught me two things:
     One is that God loves you and you're going to burn in hell.
     The other is that sex is the most awful, filthy thing on earth and you should save it for someone you love."
- Butch Hancock, Musician, The Flatlanders

Offline allopathicholistic

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2007, 12:31:05 am »
Wishing you well & sending positive thoughts. Get well soon Iggy

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2007, 12:33:41 am »

He is in so much pain, and he has the damn things on the ends of his fingers so he can't even type or write! I feel bad that he is in so much pain...I wish I could wave a magic wand and take it away...my poor guy. :'( :'( :'(

I still love him, even though he looks hideous!! I mean hideous! But I will love him nonetheless...cause I know he will be pretty again, soon.

Did I mention he looks HIDEOUS???

I can really sympathise with you. Having had the shingles several times, I am very well aware of the pain they cause !
I looked like shit.
Just take care of yourself, get some rest, avoid movemont as much as possible, and hopefully it will run it's course.

The first time I had them, I couldn't MOVE, for several days.  Everything I did was painful, including trying to get to the toilet, standing up or sitting down.  Then one day, woke up, and evey bit of pain was gone. If you have blisters,, don't itch them. Don't rub your face or eyes either. You don't need to get them there...

Take care/speedy recovery-------Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of Oct 2nd, 2023, Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @676 /  CD4 % @ 18 %
Lymphocytes,absolute-3815 (within range)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline ademas

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2007, 12:40:21 am »
oh man...get well soon, Iggy!

I've never had them, but I've sure seen the misery they've caused some friends.

Offline Robert

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2007, 12:59:55 am »
Jeromy.

This is not good.  What an icky way to end the year.

YOu mentioned..."and he starts Valtrex soon!!" 
That's not soon enough..  Do it NOW!

And Iggy, now that you know what shingles feels like, you'll know the next time the symptoms pop up.  Immediately take the Valtrex and that will stop it right away. It's a miracle drug.

robert....who learned the hard way and always keeps a few Valtrex on hand.

Offline sweetasmeli

• Love what you are...
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2007, 02:33:44 am »
He is in so much pain, and he has the damn things on the ends of his fingers so he can't even type or write!

Ahh so that's why he hasn't replied to my last few texts; I just thought he was being an ignorant tw** or too busy getting loved up by a certain monopoly-cheating Mr Dunn. ::) Will call later today, Mr Igmeister sir...

Love and (very) gentle hugs

Debra :-*
(who knows too well the pain and hideousness of the nasty shingles)
/\___/\       /\__/\
(=' . '=)    (=' . '=)
(,,,_ ,,,)/   (,,,_ ,,,)/ Cats rule!

The difference between cats and dogs is that dogs come when called, whereas cats take a message and get back to you.

Yeia kai hara (health and happiness) to everyone!

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2007, 06:54:29 am »
Oh dear, Iggy!  Please take care of yourself and heal quickly!  Here's a HUGE  {{{HUG}}} and {{{KISS}}}
Peace
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2007, 08:58:10 am »
Iggy Dearest

Gerry and I were wondering where you'd been. I thought perhaps out of town.

I'll bet you wish you were not only out of town, but having an out of body experience!!

Shingles, in my humble, had 'em once pre-dx opinion are meant for rooftops, not humans.

I hope you heal up soon.

Em

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2007, 09:02:14 am »
Iggy, here's hoping this awful and painful episode quiets down quickly. Wishing you well -- to have to cope with that AND a partner who cheats at Monopoly. Really TOO MUCH.

Jeromy, we're not judging you. We understand. There are programs for those who cheat at Monopoly. It's called REAL ESTATE RECOVERY. Just sayin'....

Hoping you guys are doing as well as possible.

Cheers,

nig youe
Andy Velez

Offline Cliff

« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2007, 09:07:40 am »
Iggy,

I hope you feel better soon.

Cliff

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2007, 10:21:46 am »
My Dear Iggy,

Sorry to hear you've got the shingles. I will send positive healing energy your way and I hope they start to heal quickly.

Jeromy, you take good care of him. Oh, and by the way, haven't I taught you better than that?!? You never let them catch you cheating at monopoly.  Sheesh.  ;)

Give Iggy a big hug for me, when he's able that is.

HUGS,

Mark
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline pozguy75

• POZitively Speaking
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2007, 10:56:59 am »
Well, I am taking him to the doctor first thing in the morning, cause the doc wasn't in over the weekend...And he says thank you all for kind words and well wishes.

Well, the shingles seem to multiplying at an alarming rate. They are starting now to crop up on his torso/tummy area, and his legs, I noticed a few on his head...he is worried and I can't blame him, I have had them and they suck! They are god awful painful too.

Mark thinks that this a warning sign that he should start meds soon...It has been five years without them...

His latest bloods:

CD4: 310
%: 16.2
VL: 25K

I will driving him into the doctor first thing in the morning so we can get some stronger pain meds as well...my poor Iggy...he looks like on of the 7 plagues from the old testament.

And yes, I am taking care of him...AND I DO NOT CHEAT AT MONOPOLY!!! He is just a sore loser!

Jeromy
(Who all of a sudden is beginning to resemble a certain Baby Jane Hudson..."But'chy'are covered with boils Iggy, y'are!)
« Last Edit: December 30, 2007, 11:03:23 am by pozguy75 »
Dx 2005
ATRIPLA

Offline ademas

« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2007, 11:21:52 am »
maybe I'm just a wuss, but I would be at the ER today if they were "multiplying at an alarming rate", particularly to the head.
I had a friend who had them on his head, and they spread to the nerves behind or around his eye, or some shit like that, and it was sheer misery.

Offline pozguy75

• POZitively Speaking
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2007, 11:29:24 am »
maybe I'm just a wuss, but I would be at the ER today if they were "multiplying at an alarming rate", particularly to the head.
I had a friend who had them on his head, and they spread to the nerves behind or around his eye, or some shit like that, and it was sheer misery.

Mark says you're a wuss... :P

Well, I am giving him a case of "I told you so's" I will have him to the doctor first thing in the morning...and okay, I may have exaggerated the "alarming rate" part, but I do see them beginning to crop up.
Dx 2005
ATRIPLA

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2007, 11:41:34 am »
Jeromy,

If he's got them popping up on his head, don't wait for tomorrow, take him to an ER NOW! If that crap gets in his eyes, it could seriously affect his sight for the rest of his life. This is NOT something to mess around with!

NOW, MISTER! NOW!

Iggy, Jeromy, do as you're told. Don't make me swim over there and kick your collective ass!

Hope you get some antivirals in you QUICK and start feeling better soon!

Gentle hugs,
(and an ass-kicking if you don't get him to a doctor NOW)
Ann
xxx
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2007, 12:13:51 pm »
Just joining in on the chorus urging you to get Iggy to the ER now.

Keep us posted, please.

Best to you both,
Andy Velez

Offline pozniceguy

• Niceguy Dallas
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2007, 12:24:20 pm »
Have to echo the chorus  I have had the PAIN of shingles several times ... but after the first time I keep a bottle of Acyclovir  ( Valtrex is the Brand name) in the cabinet and at the first itch  I pop a few......  get him to the ER and get some pills now....this crap just gets worse and will not go away by "toughing it out"       hoping for the best for you both    ..start playing Battleship instead of Monopoly......a lot more instant gratification and harder to cheat....

Nick
remember the good times...honor the past but don't live there
Le stelle la notte sono grandie luminose, nel cuore profondo del Texas

Dan J.

« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2007, 12:36:45 pm »
((((((((IGGY))))))))

I know the pain from the shingles all too well.  I had them  on the left side of my head and face & it spread between my eyes.  Ann is right get thee to the ER ASAP this isn't something you can put off.  Not to scare you, but I spent a month in the hospital & then had to undergo 20 days of infusion therapy at the infusion clinic at the hospital. I hope that you get over this as soon as possible & that the pain meds are working.

Your lucky to have Jeromy taking care of you during all of this.

Love 2 both of you,

Dan

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2007, 04:39:39 pm »
Hi Jeromy I'm with Ann on this one you don't want this to get anywhere near the face especially the eyes..i would be heading off NOW..don't let this get out of hand if you can possibly help it.

BTW..shingles or not I just can't imagine Iggy ever looking hideous, I doubt even a bad rash would take away those good looks.

Love and hugs
Jan :-*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline Jody

« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2007, 05:46:15 pm »
What a terrible way to end the year...Here's hoping Iggy gets to the doctor and will start the meds to make it all go away!!!

Keep us posted.

Jody :(
"Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world".
 "Try to discover that you are the song that the morning brings."

Grateful Dead

Offline LatinAlexander

• Bogota, Colombia
« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2007, 11:45:40 pm »
IGGY TO THE ER!!!!

(I haven't had shingles in my life, but if the wise elders say so, I am with them)

Alex

(I reaaly hope you feel better, and please: I fyou happen to get New Years Eve at the Hospital, try not to have a lot of sex in there :) )

GET WELL SOON!! (((HUG))))
Poz since Jul 19 2006
Initial numbers : CD4-250 VL 3500
First labs after HAART (Dec 04-2006) : CD4-432 VL-<40 (Undetectable)  cd4%=25.11%
Started HAART: Combivir+Efavirenz Aug 26 7:38 pm
Feb 08 2007 - Gradually stopping HAART cause of Myalgia. Protecting Efavirenz. Stopped Efavirenz, ahead with Combivir....
February 17 Combivir stopped.
April 3 -07 : Started ddi+3tc+efavirenz...
Gay and positive (What a lack of Identity...:) )
Looking for my Ben....

Offline komnaes

« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2007, 11:46:31 pm »
Oh dear Iggy, get well soon! Hugs, Shaun
Aug 07 Diagnosed
Oct 07 CD4=446(19%) Feb 08 CD4=421(19%)
Jun 08 CD4=325(22%) Jul 08 CD4=301(18%)
Sep 08 CD4=257/VL=75,000 Oct 08 CD4=347(16%)
Dec 08 CD4=270(16%)
Jan 09 CD4=246(13%)/VL=10,000
Feb 09 CD4=233(15%)/VL=13,000
Started meds Sustiva/Epzicom
May 09 CD4=333(24%)/VL=650
Aug 09 CD4=346(24%)/VL=UD
Nov 09 CD4=437(26%)/VL=UD
Feb 10 CD4=471(31%)/VL=UD
June 10 CD4=517 (28%)/VL=UD
Sept 10 CD4=687 (31%)/VL=UD
Jan 11 CD4=557 (30%)/VL=UD
April 11 CD4=569 (32%)/VL=UD
Switched to Epizcom, Reyataz and Norvir
(Interrupted for 2 months with only Epizcom & Reyataz)
July 11 CD=520 (28%)/VL=UD
Oct 11 CD=771 (31%)/VL=UD(<30)
April 12 CD=609 (28%)/VL=UD(<20)
Aug 12 CD=657 (29%)/VL=UD(<20)
Dec 12 CD=532 (31%)/VL=UD(<20)
May 13 CD=567 (31%)/VL=UD(<20)
Jan 14 CD=521 (21%)/VL=UD(<50)

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #26 on: December 31, 2007, 12:03:53 am »
ER>>>ER>>>>>>ERRRRRRRRR......Take him now, you sexy little thing you.... :-* I know I am shameful for getting a flirt in while my dear Iggy has shingles.... :-[ :-X But he knows I luvs him....Get well Iggy.....
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline Jeffreyj

« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2007, 12:16:12 am »
I'd get him there too...really. I have heard that that can hit the 5Th nerve, and that really sucks.
Get well soon Igster!

Who cheats at Monopoly?
Positive since 1985

Offline sally

« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2007, 01:56:27 am »
Hi,

Why Iggy is just a young whippersnapper! When I had shingles (twice!), there weren't no such thing as Valtrex! Actually, maybe it just wasn't called Valtrex then, if Valtrex is the same as generic acyclovir.

Anyway, just thought I'd tell a mildly entertaining to downright boring (depending on how hard up for entertainment one is) story about MY first case of shingles.

PART I: I was an NIH patient on one of many drug studies in which  I participated over my first post HIV dx decade. I went in and complained of pain I'd been having for several days along the nerve pathway that goes around the right side of the trunk to the back. I'm too senile now to remember what those nerve pathways are called. Diatom was the first word that popped into my head, but then I remembered that as something you fish out of pond water and look at under a microscope. But I digress. (While I was trolling for typos, I remembered the name--DERMATOME! Yeah, for the 52-year-old senile geezer girl!)

My researcher-in-training doctor at the time looked me over for quite a while and couldn't find anything so he called in the big gun doctor. He lifted my shirt and (after admiring my hot bod)--lo and behold--a rash had developed in the five to ten minutes since the trainee doctor had looked. So the big gun doctor basically declared "Why she's got shingles, of course, dumb ass!" (I added that last part, but the implication was clear.) Later on, one of the nurses said about the trainee doctor, "He sure had egg on his face." I tried to explain that the rash really hadn't been there yet, but nobody really wanted to hear it because it was more fun to talk about what a dumb ass the trainee doctor was. (OK, I lied--I didn't really have a totally hot bod back then. I do now, however.)

PART II: They hospitalized me because of the shingles because they wanted to give me IV acyclovir thinking that it would limit the duration and pain of the episode, which it may have done. I was on a floor where there were cancer patients with severely suppressed immune systems due to chemotherapy/radiation and there was a theoretical possibility that if one of the cancer patients had never had chicken pox and, thus, was not immune to chicken pox, my apparently sheddable shingles virus (which is caused by re-activated chicken pox virus) could give that person deadly chicken pox. People who visited me had to gown and glove themselves before entering my room and shed the gown and gloves before entering the "outside world" lest they become unwitting chicken pox shedders.

OK, to bring a long story to a merciful end, I was a very hooked smoker at the time and when I had to stay in the NIH hospital, I was used to having to take the long trip down the hallways and elevator to the parking garage to smoke, usually with IV pole in tow. (Have IV pole; will travel.) So I gloved and gowned myself in order to carry on my nasty habit. I know what you're thinking--but I was a nicotine ADDICT. I've always heard that addicts don't care whom they hurt although my nicotine receptors were sure that I was following proper protocol. Anyway, the doctors were freaked out at the idea of even a gloved and gowned theoretical chicken pox infector passing by the rooms of cancer patients who may have theoretically never had chicken pox . . . so they gave me permission to SMOKE IN MY ROOM!!! Unprecedented. It was a Pyrrhic victory of sorts since it meant I was stuck in my room for days since my only excuse to get out and about was taken away from me. Well, the Lord giveth .  .  .

Irony note: This happened around 1989 when so many stupid people were still terrified of catching AIDS from morally inferior HIV carriers like me. (Those stupid people are still around, but there are A LOT fewer of them.) Obviously, nobody at NIH ever thought anyone was going to catch AIDS from me--they were professionals after all--but I still had to suffer the ignominy of being a potential chicken pox killer. SOB . . . At least they didn't out me to the whole floor . . .

xxoo to anyone who actually read all that
Sally Shingles

Offline next2u

« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2007, 02:40:28 am »
noo....
iggypoo shouldn't suffer -- get well soon buddy. you'll need all your strength to redouble your game playing efforts against cheaters. uggh, everyone wants to cheat at monopoly- if it's not some random rules at the beginning then it's jeromy's hand in the bank stash. some people....

midapr07 - seroconversion
sept07 - tested poz
oct07 cd4 1013; vl 13,900; cd4% 41
feb08 cd4  694;  vl 16,160; cd4% 50.1
may08 cd4 546; vl 91,480; cd4% 32
aug08 cd4 576; vl 48,190; cd4% 40.7
dec08 cd4 559; vl 63,020; cd4% 29.4
feb09 cd4 464; vl 11,000; cd4% 26
may09 cd4 544; vl 29,710; cd4% 27.2
oct09 cd4 ...; vl 23,350; cd4% 31.6
mar10 cd4 408; vl 59,050; cd4% 31.4
aug10 cd4 328; vl 80,000; cd4% 19.3 STARTED ATRIPLA
oct10 cd4 423; vl 410 ;); cd4% 30.2
jun11 cd4 439; vl <20 ;); cd4% 33.8 <-Undetectable!
mar12 cd4 695; vl ud; cd4% 38.6
jan13 cd4 738; vl ud; cd4% 36.8
aug13 cd4 930; vl ud; cd4% 44.3
jan14 cd4 813; vl ud; cd4% 42.8
may14 cd4 783; vl *; cd4%43.5
sept14 cd4 990; vl ud; cd4% *
jun15 cd4 1152; vl ud; cd4% *
july15 - STRIBILD
oct15 cd4 583; vl 146; cd4% 42
mar16 cd4 860; vl 20; 44

Offline lucas clay

« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2007, 08:01:42 am »
Hope you feel better soon, damn things are no fun.

Lucas

Offline cjc

• Sweet Girl
« Reply #31 on: December 31, 2007, 08:10:52 am »
Hello, I have never had shingles but understand they are really painful. Hope  Jeromy gets you to the doctor soon. Don't be stubborn, just go!!!!!!!!!                                   I will come play Monopoly with ya'll if you want. I don't cheat, either ::)   I am not that far away unless ya'll have moved from Charlotte.    Get better. Cristy

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #32 on: December 31, 2007, 08:36:35 am »
Man, this thread turned out to be a hair raising read!  I already knew Iggy has the shingles, but I didn't know he had gone for several days now without Valtrex...or that they had spread so far.  Wow. 

Will be looking for an update on this thread.  Painkillers are great, but the best painkiller here is really the Valtrex.  Things don't really get better until you start successfully beating back the zoster.

Best wishes, Iggy. 
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #33 on: December 31, 2007, 08:44:28 am »
Matty the Damned has had the shingles three times since being diagnosed and can't understand what all the fuss is about.

Iggy; take the damn Valtrex and get over it. Your boyfriend's carry on is beginning to get boring. Sure he's shot the occasional middling porn film, I don't see why we should care about his suffering, much less your bleating about his pain.

For what it's worth we're all amazed you two got this far.

MtD

/edited to remove the smiley face. you people are so stu,,,/
« Last Edit: December 31, 2007, 12:34:09 pm by matty.the.damned »

Offline wishihadacat

• Therainstorm.com
« Reply #34 on: December 31, 2007, 09:40:02 am »
Iggy, as Ann pointed out, Shingles are serious shit;  it can and does spread into the eyes and cause blindness. You must be suffering terribly. Please don't let it get worse.
Your name here  X_______________

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #35 on: December 31, 2007, 11:38:21 am »
I've had shingles once and I don't want them again. Iggy, now that you have had them you'll know the signs and symptoms when it starts and get on meds quick and nip it in the butt. As everyone else has said you don't want it in your eye. Matter of fact, you'll never want it again anywhere.

Offline pozguy75

• POZitively Speaking
« Reply #36 on: December 31, 2007, 11:50:55 am »
We are at the hospital.And he is being admitted. I had to force him to go, the doctor said it is one of the worst cases of shingles he has seen. He had a fever of 101 and vomitting, so I forced the issue and here we are.

They gave him diloded (sp?) And he is much more comfortable. They will start him on IV Acyclovir now then it looks like a hospital stay for New Years...

I will keep you all posted as I know more.

Jeromy
Dx 2005
ATRIPLA

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #37 on: December 31, 2007, 12:08:01 pm »
Jeromy, Sorry to hear about Iggy and his shingles and here is hoping for a speedy recovery.  It would appear that your hubby is rather reluctant to seek medical treatment when warranted, so you need a backup plan.  I suggest you take pictures of him NOW and keep them, so the next time he needs treatment and won't go, you can blow up the pictures as a reminder of ignoring his health.  And when he feels better, please give him a collective whack upside the head, for ignoring his health and making his friends worry.

Offline pozguy75

• POZitively Speaking
« Reply #38 on: December 31, 2007, 12:20:08 pm »
I have his camera phone with me, so yes pictures will be taken, and as for that whack up side the head, it will certainly happen, I can guarentee that.

What has me worried, is the fact that he said he was hearing voices, which I think is due the fever. He is a stubbern guy for sure.
Dx 2005
ATRIPLA

Offline mjmel

« Reply #39 on: December 31, 2007, 12:32:12 pm »
Finally, he is in the best hands he could be to deal with this and in the least painful methods. Proper meds and painkillers. Poor guy. You give new height to the concept of longsuffering, Iggy. Now, no harrassments to the hopital staff. 

Hope you recover in record time, Iggy man.

Mike M

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #40 on: December 31, 2007, 12:36:53 pm »
Poor Iggy stuck in the hospital on New Years Eve.....Get well my friend....Jeromy, Glad you are there for him and with him. What a night nurse!!!!! Keep us posted, I am concerned with him hearing voices....When he gets better, tell him the voice he heard was mine.....Oh wait, he doesn't know what my voice sounds like.... :-[ Nevermind, take care of your man and yourself...... :-*
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline heartforyou

• I must be a survivor in many ways...
« Reply #41 on: December 31, 2007, 02:07:07 pm »
Jeromy,

Herman and I are relived to hear that Iggles is in the hospital getting the care he needs. Let him, know we are thinking of him & you too.

Love,
Dan & Herman
Infected 1983. Diagnosed in 1987 and still kicking
Dovato once daily. Hydrea

Happiness is the freedom of breathing fresh air every day.

Offline pozguy75

• POZitively Speaking
« Reply #42 on: December 31, 2007, 06:17:16 pm »
So here we are at Presbyterian Hospital, and Iggy is lying in his hospital bed, watching HGTV, the pain meds are on their way...and I brought pizza, and six, count them six horror movies to ring in the new year!!

I am staying at the hospital with Iggy tonight. Cause this is our first new year together, and we are going to ring it in together sick or not.

Iggy, thanks you all for the nice wishes, and I also thank you all very much.

I will touch base a bit later!!
Dx 2005
ATRIPLA

Offline dgr20002

« Reply #43 on: December 31, 2007, 06:21:39 pm »
Have the best new Years Eve! Pizza and horror movies should be great. I don't think one pizza is enough but that's just me.

David

Offline ademas

« Reply #44 on: December 31, 2007, 06:23:51 pm »
Happy New Year, you guys.
Nowhere but up, Iggy, eh?
Now get well soon.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #45 on: December 31, 2007, 06:28:28 pm »
Jeromy, the correct spelling is Dilaudid.  I know, back when I was a junkie, I used to melt those down and shoot them; hence I know how to spell it. :D  Oh, I don't know if that made any sense.  But I am glad that Iggy is being taken care of.  And I'm really happy you both will be spending the New Years together, even if it is there.  Have a blessed one.   :-*
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline allopathicholistic

« Reply #46 on: December 31, 2007, 06:48:56 pm »
We are at the hospital.And he is being admitted. I had to force him to go, the doctor said it is one of the worst cases of shingles he has seen. He had a fever of 101 and vomitting, so I forced the issue and here we are.

They gave him diloded (sp?) And he is much more comfortable. They will start him on IV Acyclovir now then it looks like a hospital stay for New Years...

I will keep you all posted as I know more.

Jeromy

Thank goodness for hospitals and kickass drugs. I'm surprised he didn't want to go even with vomitting and pain. Well, you guys are lucky to have each other. I'm glad you got to the hospital before the waves of New Year's Eve drunken idiotic injuries. Take care, onward & upward

Offline northernguy

« Reply #47 on: December 31, 2007, 08:44:36 pm »
Wow guys sorry to hear about the shitty way to ring in the new year :(  Quite the reminder that us poz folks need to  really watch those symptoms.  Take care Iggy, get better soon.
Apr 28/06 cd4 600 vl 10,600 cd% 25
Nov 8/09 cd4 510 vl 49,5000 cd% 16
Jan 16/10 cd4 660 vl 54,309 cd% 16
Feb 17/10 Started Atripla
Mar 7/10 cd4 710 vl 1,076 cd% 21
Apr 18/10 cd4 920 vl 268 cd% 28
Jun 19/10 cd4 450 vl 60 cd% 25
Aug 15/10 cd4 680 vl 205 cd% 27
Apr 3/11 cd4 780 vl <40 cd% 30
Jul 17/11 cd4 960 vl <40 cd%33
April 15/12 cd4 1,010 vl <40 cd% 39
April 20/12 Switched to Viramune + Truvada
Aug 2/12 cd4 1040, vl <40, cd% 38
Oct 19 cd4 1,110 vl <40 cd% 41

Offline minismom

• Quocumque jeceris stabit
« Reply #48 on: December 31, 2007, 09:26:24 pm »
You are in the hospital sick and I want you to get better soon.  Mini

Glad you finally got to the hospital, Iggy.  Take care and hope you get home soon.  Happy New Year to both of you!   Mum
www.watoto.com
www.MotherBearProject.org
"Whichever way you throw me, i will stand"
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline pozguy75

• POZitively Speaking
« Reply #49 on: December 31, 2007, 10:30:51 pm »
Thanks everyone. Iggy is finally sleeping...'bout time.

Just wanted to say Happy New Year to you all!!

Love you all!
Jeromy
Dx 2005
ATRIPLA

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.