Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 30, 2024, 02:20:07 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37614
  • Latest: bondann
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772965
  • Total Topics: 66312
  • Online Today: 178
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 141
Total: 141

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: I´m really scary!!! please help!!!  (Read 5565 times)

Offline burburock

I´m really scary!!! please help!!!
« on: April 03, 2007, 12:28:01 am »
Greetings from Mexico. And sorry for my English. This is my history: At December 26 (2006) I had receptive anal sex without ejaculation for two minutes and mutual oral sex also without protection neither ejaculation with a casual person, to the few days I got Chlamydia and the doctos gaves me treatment for. For nuisances in the throat I visite other doctor that diagnose me after studies klebisella pneumonae (seemingly acquired in the hospital where they made me an endoscope) and Candida Albicans; He send to me fluconazol and nistatina for month and half; at the same time begin a treatment for fifteen days that he send to me for the treatment of Helicobacter Pilory. During this whole period I have been very pressed and stressed for the possible infection of hiv. I have been carried out the following tests: 

Day 30  Smart Check HIV at home  NEGATIVE
Day 45  Smart Check HIV at home  NEGATIVE
Day 55 MEIA NEGATIVE
Day 70 MEIA  NEGATIVE
Day 83 Smart Check HIV at home  NEGATIVE
Day 83 MEIA Hepatitis A, B and C  NEGATIVE
Day 87  Smart Check HIV at home  NEGATIVE
Day 90 ELISA HIV 1-2 NON REACTIVATE 
Day 94  Smart Check HIV at home  NEGATIVE

The problem is that with this last test carried out at home the result appeared negative to the 15 minutes and it was this way up to two hours after I left trip; when returning later two days on the test a very slight shade appeared on the test line and that worries much mainly about the constants negative tests; it is necessary to clarify that the date of expiration of the test says March 2007 and the test applies at March 31. My questions are the following ones: 

1. - could the quantity of medications that I was taking retard the period window or to hide the antibodies? 

2. - not serious correct to infer that if I have had the Candida from January 10 to more than two and a half months of tests constants it was so that given positive the test.? 

3. – What about with the last test? At first sight alone you leave the negative result and to see the stain on the test line it is necessary to see very closely and it is very diffuse and slight, but I really worry about.   

4. - do I need to make more tests or can I already stay calm?  The only symptoms that I have had along 3 months have been something of headache, of neck, a sore, a painful node in the neck that appeared and left with the sore and pain had heard and a similar sensation to when they eat up citric in the right side of the face when as the first mouthful. 

I really thank the attention and the company that have been for my in these terrible months; I  felt about to leave the dark tunnel but with this last test it seems that I go into more.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
Re: I´m really scary!!! please help!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2007, 04:50:27 am »
burburock,

Your 90 day negative test results means you ARE hiv negative. None of the other problems or the drugs you were taking would have any effect on your results. You aree conclusively hiv negative.

The home test you used is NOT appoved for use, so you can forget all about it. You already had a conclusive result before you used it anyway.

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL STIs together. To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with a sexually transmitted infection. Sex with a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through the condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

Anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results. Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2007, 06:04:28 pm »
It doesn't matter what your last test was. If you would have read the insert you would  have known to disreguard a lite shading. You are absolutely negative.

Offline burburock

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2007, 06:07:22 pm »
 ;) Hello again from Mexico!!!  

Thank you Ann for your advice and the attention to my question.  
Now I feel a lot but calm and happy to be able to continue ahead with my life.  
God blesses you for the stupendous work that you realize.  
A lot of luck and you are present in my pray.

Offline burburock

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2007, 06:15:25 pm »
 ;) thank you rapidrod to. I apreciate so much your advice and help.

I´m gonna still following the forum to known about you.

Offline burburock

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2007, 04:59:26 pm »
hi every one!!!

I got a MEIA test a day 97 in a Lab in my city and was NEGATIVE!!!

I feel much better, is everything ok rigth?

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2007, 05:08:28 pm »
Yes, everything is OK.

You are HIV negative. Period. End of story.
Andy Velez

Offline burburock

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2007, 10:15:52 pm »
 :-\
sorry for the insistence but I have followed myself bad feeling earing pain and a similar sensation to when you eat up citric in the right side of the face

now I have a painful node in my neck. The exposition have been more than 100 days ago and I´ve got many tests that I have commented them previously and the symptoms take but of 2 and half months of being.

can I be sure to be hiv negative?

how many cases have you seen of a negative test in 3 months and became positive at 6?

Offline intelpro32

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2007, 10:31:12 pm »
You will have many different problems with your body throughout your life and it doesnt mean they all come from HIV.  Painful nodes can happen from many different things...and also looking at your tests you shouldnt worry about HIV anymore.....stop thinking about it and move on with your life

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2007, 04:25:51 am »
Intel,

You are in no position to give advice on this forum. Please don't. The only place you should be posting here is in your OWN thread, where I'll thank you to keep all your further thoughts or questions.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2007, 04:28:37 am »
burburock,

You have tested conclusively negative for hiv. You don't have hiv. I have never seen a three month negative end up being positive at six months and I've been answering questions here for five years. You are without doubt hiv negative.

Whatever is going on with your neck has nothing to do with hiv. Go see your doctor to find out what IS going on, because it is NOT hiv.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.