Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:39:32 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37612
  • Latest: testABC
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772944
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 161
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 153
Total: 154

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Is Anyone On Floridas' ADAP Waiting List?  (Read 4088 times)

Offline brooklynpoz

• My Babies, Pepper (8) & Rocko (3)
Is Anyone On Floridas' ADAP Waiting List?
« on: October 16, 2010, 11:08:17 am »
I need to relocate to Florida, I am in NY now.
Is anyone on Floridas ADAP Waiting List? If so, how long were you on before getting approved & getting your meds? I'd hate to stop my meds until I am aprroved by ADAP. I am on disabilty, ( SSDI) & I am on Medicare. But I exceed the thresholds for medicaid,etc.
I see that Floridas list keeps growing & growing, & that is scary.
Any & ALL info is most welcomed, contact #'s, clinics, case workers, etc.
I am looking to relocate to the Boynton Beach Area.
thank you in advance for ALL your anticiapted help .
Frankie
Diagnosed, Monday,  8/9/2004, 1ST year was ruff , now I am well adjusted .
Current Med's ; Kaletra & Truvada
Undetecable,<48 ,  531 tcells, 21%
Keeping the faith, that they will get a cure in our lifetime.
LIVE , LOVE , LAUGH

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
Re: Is Anyone On Floridas' ADAP Waiting List?
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2010, 06:32:12 pm »
I see that you've been cross-posting about this issue  ;)
(instead of starting new threads, just keep bumping your original thread ;) )
using http//directory.poz.com the closest ASO I see in that area is down the road in Delray which is still in Palm Beach Cty.

FoundCare Health Center
Delray Beach Service Center:
http://www.foundcare.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=home.main
220 Congress Park Drive
Suite 100
Delray Beach, Florida 33445
T(561) 274-6400

being new to the state you would end up on the ADAP waiting list; but that might actually get you meds as Welvista is working with states with lists to get meds to patients (http://www.welvista.org/adap_how.php). It could mean that you might have to change to another regimen if your current meds aren't covered this way.

I would definitely suggest that you call and see what information you can get from that ASO before moving. I moved to SC just over a year ago, and checked on these issues before moving. If I had not had adequate access to meds, I would have chosen to have not moved. You might be in a similar situation of weighing your medical options vs. your other reasons to move. If you move to an area where you would have to go without meds, I would think that wouldn't be in your best interests.

I sure hope you find the answers you need -
which means an access to meds in your new home ;)
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.