Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 04:28:57 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37652
  • Latest: Han2024
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773292
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 677
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 641
Total: 641

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: hand job and nipple sucking  (Read 5128 times)

Offline Newchap

• Standard
hand job and nipple sucking
« on: June 05, 2019, 03:18:12 pm »
I read many threads before I post this. Some people said no risk and some said there is a possibility and my anxiety is building up so wanted to check again.

I went to a massage parlor 2 days ago and got a handjob, she pour some oil and gave a handjob and I sucked her nipples few time during that. Touched are vagina few times and put my finger inside.

What are my chances of getting HIV via handjob. If she has any cuts on her hand is there a possibility

I bit the inside of my lip that morning with my teeth while eating, what are my chances of HIV trasmission through that mouth sore since I sucked her nipples.

Any chance of getting it via fingering ( touched it from outside didn't put my finger inside her) her pussy

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Threads: @jim16309
    • Social Media: Threads
Re: hand job and nipple sucking
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2019, 03:35:47 pm »
Hiya,

Relax, what you posted is no HIV risk whatsoever.

Here's what you need to know in order to avoid HIV infection:
Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, every time, no exceptions. Consider starting PrEP as an additional layer of HIV protection going forward

Keep in mind that some sexual practices which may be described as safe in terms of HIV transmission might still pose a risk for acquiring far easier to transmit STI's, so please do get fully tested regularly and at least yearly for all STI's including but not limited to HIV and test more frequently if unprotected intercourse occurs

Also note that it is possible to have an STI and show no signs or symptoms and the only way of knowing is by testing.

More information on HIV Basics, PEP, TaSP and Transmission can be found through the links in my signature to our POZ pages, this includes information on HIV Testing

Kind regards

Jim

Please Note.
As a member of the AM I Infected Forum you are required to only post in this one thread no matter how long between visits or the subject matter. You can find this thread by going to your profile and selecting show own post and it will take you here . It helps us to help you when you keep all your thoughts or questions in one thread and it helps other readers to follow the discussion. Any additional threads will be deleted
HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Newchap

• Standard
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2019, 04:33:55 pm »
Thanks Jim, i am worried since I had a mouth sore and assuming she has cuts on her hands.

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2019, 05:25:07 pm »
You're welcome.

Look sores & cuts makes no difference in this case, it's simply not how HIV is transmitted and lacks the conditions and, exposure required.

Sores in the mouth and, sucking her nipples

I presume the concern is lactating/trace fluids. Breastfeeding is only a concern in quantities ingested by infants with underdeveloped tissue and immune systems. The entire mechanics of breastfeeding HIV transmission means at its peak for an infant via oral digestion with their underdeveloped immune system, and developing tissue the transmission is about 0.00064 per litre of breast milk ingested

You, on the other hand, are an adult, you also did not ingest a litre of fluid, your saliva is hostile towards HIV and, you also have an adult immune system. So you do not even have a 0.00064 risk, you had none, not even theoretical, simply no risk. 

Now I could go on but I think you get the picture.

Cuts

HIV is very fragile and difficult to transmit requiring very specific biological conditions/environment. This is so much so, that nobody has been infected once it has been exposed outside the human or from rubbing, touching sexually despite cuts, scrapes, boo-boos, etc.

Now if you cut her hand off and, she was in need of urgent medical attention with a risk of bleeding to death during the handjob let me know and we will discuss theoretical never before happened events, otherwise its simply not an HIV concern not even in theory

Relax - Move on with your life and, focus on your real HIV concerns.

HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Newchap

• Standard
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2019, 06:43:54 pm »
Understood, thank you for your time and explanation

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2019, 06:46:02 pm »
You're welcome
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Newchap

• Standard
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2019, 04:03:29 pm »
I have been trying to forget about this and move on but am not able to since I am thinking about diff possibilities. Sorry for posting again.

Is there a possibility of exposure since I put my finger inside her pussy and then immediately touched my penis while she was giving me hand job.

Were there any exposures ever via hand job, blow job (I didn't get one) and sucking nipples

Do you recommend taking a HIV RNA test at 12 day mark to ease of my mind. How conclusive the 12 day RNA test be

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2019, 04:11:47 pm »
No exposure whatsoever, it lacks all the conditions required hence nobody has ever been infected this way

I'm not going to pretend you had an HIV risk from what you posted here, you might as well be asking me if getting your penis sucked or putting your fingers in her could make you pregnant and, than asking me about pregnancy testing.

You don't need a pregnancy test over this encounter or s HIV test

Move on with your life!
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2019, 04:52:07 pm »
Look these activities can't transmit HIV, it simply lacks all environmental & biological requirements for the transmission of HIV and, no adult has ever acquired HIV this way.

Obviously, you have some irrational HIV fears, I do not know what the trigger for this fear is, although I strongly doubt this was your only sexual encounter in life so I don't think its sex itself. Perhaps its guilt, maybe because you have a partner or have had other risks not mentioned here - Who knows ... What I do however is your doubts are not facts and, the merry-go-round of pointless testing particularly RNA tests over nothing is not a healthy or sustainable coping strategy. 

If you keep having these fears & thoughts I would recommend speaking to therapist face to face to help you learn to cope with your thoughts & fears.

My final comment on what you posted is that trace fluids is not an issue, HIV is fragile, once hiv finds itself exposed outside the body, small changes in temperature, pH/moisture levels all damage the outer receptors rendering it unable to infect.  Your concern also lacked quantity, direct route to infect and, this is so much so, that there has never been a day to day or sexual transmission case with fluids once exposed outside the confines of the human body.

Don't get me wrong, I am sorry to hear you are living with such fears and, I do wish you well and, hope you can find a way forward but you simply don't need an HIV risk assessment over what you posted and, you certainly don't need HIV testing.

Remember the below for the future "No exceptions"

Here's what you need to know in order to avoid HIV infection:
Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, every time, no exceptions. Consider starting PrEP as an additional layer of HIV protection going forward

Keep in mind that some sexual practices which may be described as safe in terms of HIV transmission might still pose a risk for acquiring far easier to transmit STI's, so please do get fully tested regularly and at least yearly for all STI's including but not limited to HIV and test more frequently if unprotected intercourse occurs

« Last Edit: June 08, 2019, 04:56:46 pm by Jim Allen »
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Newchap

• Standard
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2019, 12:25:08 pm »
Thanks Jim, I think its mainly my imagination and guilt. I have been telling myself not to worry since I didn't even have any kind of sex with her, it was just a hand job and nipple sucking. My mind agress to it sometimes and sometimes I get depressed thinking what if I get HIV over that. I will try to calm down.

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2019, 01:12:00 pm »
You're welcome

The mind can be a powerful thing, don't let it get the better of you.
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Newchap

• Standard
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2019, 04:45:42 pm »
I went ahead and took the HIV-1 RNA Qualitative test on the 14th day to calm myself. I just got the results and its negative. I took the test for all STDs, they all came back Neg also. how accurate is the 13th day HIV RNA test

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2019, 05:04:10 pm »
Hiya

You had nothing to test over unless there is something you have not mentioned. So as you had no risk, move on with your life! Stop pissing about with pointless tests

even if you had a risk RNA is nice but not recommend for routine screening.

Please don't post about this conculsive no HIV risk issue again

HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2019, 05:05:14 pm »
No exposure whatsoever, it lacks all the conditions required hence nobody has ever been infected this way

I'm not going to pretend you had an HIV risk from what you posted here, you might as well be asking me if getting your penis sucked or putting your fingers in her could make you pregnant and, than asking me about pregnancy testing.

You don't need a pregnancy test over this encounter or s HIV test

Move on with your life!
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Newchap

• Standard
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2019, 12:14:31 am »
Sorry Jim, I mentioned everything about the incident.

It was just am good for 2 days and then remember about the incident and starts thinking about what if I get HIV over that. Then I calm myself telling that i didn't even have sex how would i get it.
I think i have to find a way to keep up with this fear and guilt.

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2019, 01:56:44 pm »
Hiya

Why guilt? Over what?

This incident was not an HIV concern if you can't move past this then I would recommend you consider talking to a therapist to help you cope with your thoughts.

HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Newchap

• Standard
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2019, 04:58:44 pm »
Mainly about my partner ,thinking what if i get it and then pass it on .But like you said I may need fo talk to someone.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2019, 05:02:12 pm by Newchap »

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2019, 05:31:35 pm »
Hiya

Aha, explains a lot, look no amount of guilt will change how HIV is or is not transmitted, it's that simple. Now if this guilt regarding your relationship keeps triggering irrational fears I would indeed seriously consider talking to the therapist before it gets worse

As for your partner, stock standard risk assessment; If you have been or are engaging in unprotected intercourse with your partner this would as example meet all the biological conditions needed for acquiring HIV.

I don't judge couples that decide to engage in unprotected intercourse, its often based on trust within a relationship, however just note this trust or faith does not prevent HIV and any unprotected intercourse is simply accepting a possible risk to you of acquiring HIV.  So test regularly, understand the risks.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2019, 07:42:20 pm by Jim Allen »
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Newchap

• Standard
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2019, 07:24:55 pm »
Thanks Jim

Offline Newchap

• Standard
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2019, 08:16:17 pm »
Hi am asking this question out of Paranoia.

I went to Labcorp for some blood work couple of days ago, the person who took my blood wore gloves and used a new needle.

But while changing the blood collecting tube he pulled the needle out a little bit and a little bit of my blood sprayed out of nerve on to my hand, after the 2nd tube he pulled out the needle completely(threw it in the needle waste bin) and cleaned the blood on my hand around the collection point with cotton.

He put cotton on the needle stick point the whole time while he was cleaning my hand and wore gloves during the whole process.once done he put a new cotton on the collection point and put a strap on it and told me to wait 10 mins and take it off.

Do you see any chance of transmission. He started cleaning my blood after he threw away the needle in the bin, i was little worried what if he touch some blood there and then started cleaning my hand and needle stick point with that and used the same hand to put cotton on my collection point. Just want to make sure that there is no chance of HIV transmission here.

Offline Ptrk3

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2019, 08:51:20 pm »
I see no chance of an HIV-transmission from the incident you have described.

Presumably, your fear is that blood from someone else was on his hand when he attended to you (that's the only way I can read your concern).  The HIV is extremely fragile and does not survive in a viable manner, certainly not in the way about which you appear to be concerned.

Please access this link to read and learn about how the virus is transmitted:

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/hiv-transmission-risks
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline Newchap

• Standard
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2019, 09:20:08 pm »
 I was just worried thinking what happens if he touches some infected blood and then cleaned my needle stick place.  is there a chance in that scenario. Does HIV even transmit like that. Or the only way HIV can transmit is if they reused a needle which has infected blood and use it to draw my blood
« Last Edit: July 24, 2019, 09:28:22 pm by Newchap »

Offline Ptrk3

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2019, 09:32:25 pm »
No, there is not a chance of HIV-infection in the mode you fear, which I have explained (due the fragility of the virus and its becoming non-infectious when exposed to the ambient environment).

Transmission through a needle is possible usually in the case of intravenous drug abusers who share their "works," when HIV-contaminated blood is in the "backwash" as one user shares the needle with others (in a timely manner), or in the rare cases of healthcare professionals who may accidentally (and almost immediately) jab themselves with a needle that has just been used on an HIV-infected patient.

Neither of these scenarios is relevant or applicable to your situation as described.

You did not contract the HIV from the incident in your original post. 

Please move on with your life.
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline Newchap

• Standard
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2019, 09:49:59 pm »
Thank you for the quick response and assurance Ptrk3.

Offline Ptrk3

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2019, 10:00:41 pm »
You're welcome.
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline Newchap

• Standard
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2019, 03:23:40 pm »
One more question here. Is the below statement current

as soon HIV infected blood come into contact with air the virus will die and no chance of it going into the needle stick wound and no way to get infected this way coreect.

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2019, 03:33:45 pm »
Look how fragile HIV is would be part of the answer and this has been explained already although there are also half a dozen other reasons reasons as well why what you posted is not an HIV risk

Were not going to continue entertaining you! If you keep asking what has already been answered it will lead to a ban.

Move on with your life, I mean it, stop looking for an issue that doesn't exist
« Last Edit: August 04, 2019, 03:36:02 pm by Jim Allen »
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Newchap

• Standard
« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2019, 04:02:34 pm »
Thanks Jim and sorry for that. I think I need to learn how to stop thinking about this and move on

Offline Newchap

• Standard
« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2019, 02:14:32 am »
Jim, want to ask one last question.

I forgot about this incident ( atleast i thought I did) and had sex with my wife and she started having weird symptoms like suddenly getting tired and diahherea and i got scared and had another HIV RNA and 4th gen test on 77th day and both were negative. Is there a way for my tests to show up as negative(after 11 weeks) and I somehow infect her?any chance that antibodies/antigens are very low to be detected by the test but infect the partner. sorry for the dumb question.

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2019, 02:22:50 am »
Hiya

As warned excessive posting about a no HIV risk situation has now resulted in a 28 day ban. This ban is to encourage you to speak to a therapist who can help you cope with your fears & thoughts.

You had no HIV risk from your "incident" and tested negative even though no testing was warranted. You simply did not acquire HIV the way you fear, no amount of guilt or fear will change that!

As for the partner, you can't give them something you don't have although note that if you have been or are engaging in unprotected intercourse with your partner this would as example meet all the biological conditions needed for you to acquire HIV.

I don't judge couples that decide to engage in unprotected intercourse, its often based on trust within a relationship, however just note this trust or faith does not prevent HIV and any unprotected intercourse is simply accepting a possible risk to you of acquiring HIV. 

So test regularly, understand the risks.

« Last Edit: August 26, 2019, 03:10:27 am by Jim Allen »
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.