Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:52:28 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 424
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 410
Total: 413

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Thai Red Cross Clinic recent update on Prescriptions  (Read 2618 times)

Offline terrymoore

Re: Thai Red Cross Clinic recent update on Prescriptions
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2019, 10:06:49 pm »
12 months at a time! This is great news! Thanks for sharing!

Offline Expat1

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2019, 11:42:53 pm »
Now we need individual confrimation.  Sure going to make it easier for a lot of us.

Offline virgo313

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2019, 03:36:26 am »
Thailand, the land of smiles*.  :)
*when not stuck in evening traffic jams.
RVD Nov 2015. VL --> Log 5.32 HAART on 23/11/15
TDF+FTC+EFV / Chemo KS - 25/11/15 - 20/01/16.
CD4 - 4 (3/11/15) / VL - 225,000

Offline shizukav2

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2019, 02:33:21 am »
I just went for checkup with my Doctor on Wednesday, and my latest blood results - all good.

Thanks to this info on the Red Cross, he was happy to prescribe 12 months supply of Teevir.

• Red Cross was happy to dispense 12 month supply in one go - no issues at all   :D
  • I've previously got meds from them, so already had the patient card etc, so this may have helped, also, my prescription only had the Viral load and CD4 test results hand written on it by my doctor, just in case as per that Red Cross memo... not sure how strict, if at all, they'd be otherwise for a brand new patient
  • I did have all my blood test results with me just in case, and also my next appointment slip with my doctor - just in case there was any query about legitamacy... none of it was needed, but you may as well take it all because...
  • they don't package meds in plastic bags - so bring your own bag!, along with all your paperwork
  • Got to the clinic at 10:30, and was all done and walking out with 12x bottles of Teevir by 10:45  ;D

ps if you need a pair of jeans repaired, as I do, then the google result of Pronto just by Siam Centre is only for repairing Nudie jeans... but the guy in store helpfully let me know there's a place called The Machine in the Lido centre close by off the Siam BTS - it's on the first floor (2nd floor for Americans), seems to open around 12 or 12:30 from their website. I'll have to go back next time to get it done..
https://www.themachinebkk.com

Offline turkey

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2019, 02:24:18 pm »
hi all. is,a prescription from doctor in differant country accepted? what's patiant I'd number? fo they have genvoya 150/150 from gilead? whsts teevir and is it,as good as,genvoya? and,its cost
thanks

Offline Expat1

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2019, 10:06:22 pm »
Turkey, Bring all your medical information Viral Load, CD4, prescription for 12 months, from your doctor.  Take that to The Thai Red Cross center.  They will either give you a prescription based on that information or tell you what you need to do.  Like get new tests etc.  Or have you go to another nearby hospital to show the information to a DR and get a new prescription.   

Teevir is generic Atripla.

Same drugs different manufacturer.   Teevir is made by Mylan, Atripla is for Gilead. 

Offline Expat1

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2019, 10:15:18 pm »
Teevir costs about $35 USD  for a 1 month supply (30 tablets.)

Genvoya costs about $80 for a 1 month supply.

Teevir is 2 nrti drugs and an nnrti.  3 drugs combined in 1 pill.''

Genvoya is 2nrti drugs, an integrase inhibitor. and an additional boosting agent.  So 4 drugs in 1 pill.   

If you have never be on HIV treatment both are acceptable.  If you have been on treatment, and never had drug resistance both are acceptable.

If you take cholesterol medication or have TB,   Atripla is a better option usually.
If you have emotional problems, Genvoya is a better option.

Look at this site for information on the different HIV drugs.

The main drug used in Thailand is TEEVIR.  It is strong, cheap, and effective.

https://www.positivelyaware.com/hiv-drug-guide

Good luck.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.