Bienvenido(a), Visitante. Por favor, ingresa o regístrate.
Diciembre 17, 2017, 05:05:19 am

Ingresar con nombre de usuario, contraseña y duración de la sesión

Usuarios
  • Total de Usuarios: 31991
  • Latest: Andre123
Stats
  • Total de Mensajes: 723840
  • Total de Temas: 58897
  • Online Today: 265
  • Online Ever: 1421
  • (Agosto 13, 2016, 05:18:44 am)
Usuarios en Línea
Users: 3
Guests: 249
Total: 252

Bienvenido

Bienvenido a los Foros Comunitarios de POZ, un área de discusión contínua para personas con VIH/SIDA, sus amigos/familiares/personas que los cuidan, y otros a quienes les interese el tema del VIH/SIDA. Haz clic en los enlaces que siguen para visitar nuestros foros, o participa de la conversación al inscribirte en el sector izquierdo de esta página.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here(Members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí(Sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Advertencia sobre la privacidad: Ten en cuenta que estos foros están abiertos para todos y que se los puede encontrar haciendo búsquedas en Google u otros buscadores. Si eres VIH positivo y lo revelas en nuestros foros, es lo mismo que decírselo al mundo entero (o al menos al mundo entero en Internet). Si esto te preocupa, no uses un nombre de usuario o una imagen gráfica que pueda identificarte de alguna manera. No autorizamos borrar nada de los que escribas en los foros, por lo tanto piensa antes de hacerlo.

• La información que los moderadores y miembros comparten en estos foros, está diseñada para complementar, y no para reemplazar la relación entre un individuo y su médico de cabecera.

• Todos los miembros de estos foros, en consecuencia, no son considerados proveedores médicos con licencia. De lo contrario, los usuarios deben identificarse a sí mismos como tales.

• Los miembros de los foros siempre deben comportarse con respeto y honestidad. La publicación de guías, incluyendo políticas de suspensiones y prohibiciones han sido establecidas por los moderadores de estos foros. Haga clic aquí para las guías de publicación de “¿Estoy infectado?” Haga clic aquí para leer las guías de publicación relacionadas con todos los otros foros comunitarios de POZ.

• Solicitamos a todos los miembros de los foros que proporcionen referencias sobre la información relacionada con la salud/médica/científica que brinden, cuando no se trate de una experiencia personal que estén compartiendo. Por favor proporcionen enlaces con direcciones de Internet completas o citas completas de trabajos publicados que no estén disponibles en Internet. Además, todos los miembros de los foros deben publicar información que sea verdadera y correcta de acuerdo con su conocimiento.

• Los anuncios de productos – incluyendo enlaces, banderas, contenido editorial y estudios clínicos, estudios o participación en encuestas – está estrictamente prohibido por los miembros de los foros a menos que POZ haya asegurado el permiso.

¿Has terminado de leer esta parte? Puedes cerrar esta o cualquier otra ventana en esta página haciendo click en el símbolo de cada ventana.

Autor Tema: a stray thought  (Leído 1156 veces)

Desconectado em

a stray thought
« en: Agosto 01, 2017, 01:57:01 am »
Just incase someone else comes up with the same idea. I never get the chance to finish it

combination of science fiction and religion

I was going to pass this by a close friend the pastor at the church I used attend. We kept in touch through email about life and what not He retired. Unfortunately he passed away so do not have him to talk to about this idea. another friend of many years a WWII vet just had a really bad stroke so telling him daydreams not a good idea. He used to just listen to my stories and think I was wasting my time but he enjoyed them.  Time marches on

I was thinking of writing a story combining religion and the life of Jesus with science fiction time travel do not want to give away to much but what do you think it might worth a thought or two ?  or to much like blasphemy? 

almost gave a spoiler about the story here but thought I should write it up and see if it would work. 

I just think if someone else working on the same thing well good luck. My version  will probably get written and lost, never going anywhere by me but it is fun to dream
If a dream never gets shared it is like it never was

I hope this brings a good day dream to a creative mind thinking about the same thing

maybe if the story gets clearer I will share it here

all my best to you

Desconectado em

Re: a stray thought
« Respuesta #1 en: Octubre 03, 2017, 10:25:56 pm »
It is the start of October and no one responded to my post here or on facebook.

My guess is this kind of story does not spark any interest

The story idea I had was three guys invent a time machine and one of them says what do you think we should do  with this machine. One of the other guys says how about the birth of Jesus. they agree it would be very informative to see what really happened two thousand years ago.

I had a lot more about it but Christmas is less than three months away two months have passed since I had this idea. Other people I know just ask me if I am off my meds ?  Great help there!

If Jesus Christ Superstar combined rock and roll with religion why not science fiction with the birth of Jesus?

Well the theater I used to work at is doing a production about Santa and the north pole where the most memorably event in the play is when Mrs Claus has an affair with one of the elves and the maylay that results ?   

My story was trying to get young people interested in something other than video games and short videos. TO inspire thought about what was the big deal about the birth of Jesus and Christmas .

there was other stuff but I guess it was just a pipe dream never meant to be.

A spoiler to the story I was thinking about. The three guys become the three wise men. Then the are met with other time travelers from a even further future.

the story goes on and on more between and more after. then a part two for easter

Just the gist of the story the highlights  I was trying to tell for the entire version maybe next Christmas someone might want to do this story maybe the Hallmark channel?

sorry to interrupt what everyone else was writing

again sorry to post my  day dream that seems not to have anyone's   interest. Or even the thought worth doing anything with

IF reading it here gave anyone inspiration to write a story of there own then it was worth it at least to me and to them

thank you for letting me share my day dream

all my best to you

Desconectado JimDublin

• Administrator
  • Twitter @JimAllenDublin
    • HIV Lessons
« Respuesta #2 en: Octubre 04, 2017, 12:48:32 am »
I was thinking of writing a story combining religion and the life of Jesus with science fiction time travel do not want to give away to much but what do you think it might worth a thought or two ?  or to much like blasphemy?

If Jesus Christ Superstar combined rock and roll with religion why not science fiction with the birth of Jesus?

Religion its a topic I tend to avoid, ill say up front each to his own and everybody can believe whatever they want.  I know you said JC and I jump into religion, this is as i feel a story on JC is just a "gate-way" drug to Religion and ill explain in short my thoughts why its not a good idea.

Blasphemy ...  ::)

Story about Jesus, well it is simply a fairy-tale to start with and I think its had enough attention... Also it leads to Religion and with that the Church. They have done enough damage to the Nation I live in, and the last thing young people need is a movie or more stories on JC.

In the last century religion has brought to Ireland to name but a few examples, Salve labor, 70 years emotional, physical and sexual abuse of thousands of children (see Irish Child Abuse Commission 2009), Mass graves containing the remains of babies and children, Human trafficking.

Charming, very christian indeed and this is not to mention the damage done in relation to sexual health, condoms being banned and restricted until the 90's as church influenced sate policy, the treatment of the LGBT community and during the voting of the gay marriage, the church really showed how utterly vile it is, some of the claims it made were sicking. Most recently (This week) telling parents that vaccines are a concern as it makes girls more promiscuous.  >:( >:( >:(

My story was trying to get young people interested in something other than video games and short videos. TO inspire thought about what was the big deal about the birth of Jesus and Christmas .

In short, I am very happy to see young people are replacing the fantasy of JC, Religion and with that the Church's by engaging in other fantasies and activities.

Nothing personal intended EM.  ;)

Jim   
« última modificación: Octubre 04, 2017, 01:00:06 am por JimDublin »
HIV 101 - Index & everything you need to know
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Desconectado JimDublin

• Administrator
  • Twitter @JimAllenDublin
    • HIV Lessons
« Respuesta #3 en: Octubre 05, 2017, 11:21:42 am »
Thanks for the PM.

Look your feelings on Jesus, church and religion are your own and you are fully entitled to them. Just as I am entitled to my thoughts on the topic. My reply was not intended to be a personal attack of any kind. However I admit I could have worded my reply to you better.

We all have different backgrounds and we are living very different lives 1000's of miles apart with vastly different experiences. On a forum you are going to have people with different thought and feelings, particularly on topics like JC. 

See this is the point we stand on complete opposite sides. I would not like to see stories of JC as I simply believe its a gateway to the Church. I am very pleased that nowadays the Church and faith in what I simply see as fairy-tales, has less of a hold and/or influence over kids, over our society and the state.

My feelings like yours are strong on the topic. It was however not intended as a personal attack.

Jim
« última modificación: Octubre 05, 2017, 11:24:06 am por JimDublin »
HIV 101 - Index & everything you need to know
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Desconectado em

« Respuesta #4 en: Octubre 30, 2017, 01:21:40 pm »

My apologies for being so thin skinned

someone very dear to me keeps asking me if there is any  limits to my  paranoia?

Here is an American response from the bible belt the southern part of the US.

Do you have televangelists on TV where you are from ? it might be an only US kind of thing ?

This is  how someone from that venue might respond.

Let me get the my mind set and get myself wrapped around the thought process

OK here is how a typical American televangelist that goes to church every sunday and knows the bible from cover to cover might respond

How to start this. I had it all worked up in my mind for days

OK here is an over the top response

praise Jesus , I will pray for your misguided soul through Jesus our lord and savior and hope you let his spirit find his way into your heart. praise GOD

I hope you find your way back to our lords church

bible verse bible verse blah blah

ending with

through Christ our lord  I hope you  find your way to see the light
 praise Jesus our lord and through Gods divine blessings you see the love the lord has to offer I will pray for you that you see the errors of your way  and are saved praise Jesus and may  God bless you

yada yada yada I guess you get the point ?

the entire time holding his hands in the air to emphasise his compassion for you. his devotion to the cause  and the saving grace of God ? 

The visual actions I will leave up to your imagination i hope this is taken with the humor and satire that  was intended

this is the exposure many of us in the US have been taught and endured in our lives

sorry not my feelings because  this way of thinking is way over the top and might and could lead to a  falls sense of pride and pride is a sin and I am to good for that ? 

just trying to make something funny about the topic all kidding aside   I have more than my share of faults

I have never been to a shaker congregation but from what i Have read that must have been quite the thing to behold. they are called shakers because of the dancing they used to do is my recollection on it . Then  the Quakers  meetings as I understand it they do not have a minister they allow the congregation to let god inspire and  influence them to give the sermon as they are guided  by their religion to do so. sounds to me to be an anything goes type of sermon. There is as I understand it a an old Quaker meeting house down the road from where I live and it is a very large well built building and unassuming in its architecture could be mistaken for a barn but closer examination shows very well built to last construction  it has been to my knowledge  empty for many years. the town's historical society maintains it and it is on the historical register  i feel it is kind of neat

I believe in only excepting first hand accounts of a situation even then I have my doubts on what to believe over time things get distorted and I do not know of anyone personally that was there over two thousand years ago . Things that get written down and rewritten then translated into  different languages sometimes can become exaggerated distorted and misinterpreted .

What I think happened was   there was this guy who got caught up in some serious trouble and was put to death for it, his goals were only for what he thought was the best and he paid heavily for it, remembering how bad he had it reminds us  how tough life can be.

A story about three guys from our time  who develop a time machine and decide to go back to witness the truth first hand. then become part of the story

what might have happened and what  would happen collide

I have it all worked out in my mind and how entertaining it was to me was I guess enough for me to have a great day dream that did not cost me anything 

I hope you do not take offenses   to my liking the history of religion and how much they had achieved even with all the bad things that had happened they tried to pull together and do what they could to give themselves hope and inspiration through organizing and joining together through their common beliefs in what they thought was best

I hope the readers do not find this to repulsive and unpalatable just a part time believer's belief in  something that had helped others before me to give them some comfort. I hope that maybe even if it is just one  reader out there might give some reflection and hope through faith and better that one life

I wish I had a picture of big smiley face to show here to help show my intent was to comfort not alienate anyone

and because this site is about HIV. who needs more comfort and inspiration than those of us with this burden. the pastor at the church I had attended for many years had gotten a divorce and had taken up with a younger man and lived for quite some time happily ever after. He passed away recently after having a stroke he as far as I knew he never mentioned it to me and  I do not know if he had HIV or not  but he did live to be around  his eighties or so.  I thought very highly of him

If this had a soundtrack I would recommend Weird Al's living in an Amish paradise
to get the proper mind set watch Monty Python's flying circus " the life of Brian "

I hope you only the best

sorry to go on so much

thank you for having this place for me to share my thoughts

If this offends anyone I am truly sorry  maybe the result but not my intent

about myself. I am a lonely old man who's very close friend once said and  I have taken to heart " you have no friends because you suck the life out of the room when you enter it. Nobody likes you  for that reason with this knowledge please take this written thoughts as just the ramblings of a crazy lonely  old man

thank you

Desconectado zach

« Respuesta #5 en: Octubre 30, 2017, 01:32:33 pm »
Can I get an Amen?

AMEN!!

Hallelujah!!

Yeah, you ain't the only southerner here raised by footwashing God feared Primitive Baptists
I set into a downward spiral
Caught an illness that was literally viral
I heard some words of wisdom the other day
And they went in one ear and out the other one

I awoke from this beatific binge
With prismatic eyes, now lite is tinged
With all the vapors that the vile humans brew
Shining through the blight of you

Desconectado skeebo1969

« Respuesta #6 en: Octubre 30, 2017, 06:42:46 pm »

Oh man, y'all gonna burn in Hell for this, but the truth is you'll be okay.  ;)
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Desconectado OneTampa

• "Butterflies are free."
« Respuesta #7 en: Octubre 30, 2017, 07:23:16 pm »

Hey Y'all! 

Free Will is still available to all.

Take care.

:) ;) :D
"He is my oldest child. The shy and retiring one over there with the Haitian headdress serving pescaíto frito."

Desconectado CaveyUK

• Global Moderator
« Respuesta #8 en: Octubre 30, 2017, 08:12:15 pm »
When it comes to religion, I'm more of a Chris Hitchins kinda guy so I'm in the JimDublin school of it not being my bag really.

Have to give you credit em for your creative side though. Hope that one day you will get past the ideas stage and put something together. I think it will be good for the soul, whatever your beliefs are!

HIV - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here:
PEP and PrEP

Desconectado em

« Respuesta #9 en: Noviembre 14, 2017, 02:57:35 am »
while in the service in the early eighties I was writing a story about a guy who gets trapped by his computer. He inadvertently changes the world through his greed quest for wealth for wealth's sake like scrooge in a christmas carol money was the driving force of his endeavor. when he after some time has passed, leaves his machine he built he finds himself in a total control society where everything is about profit for profit's sake and nothing is done unless it makes money. It was kind of a warning about technology ruining society if it is used for greed and wealth only .

I told the story to anyone who would listen. One part the main character develops a way to keep himself at the computer while his body is outside connected by tubes and hoses. just like a big movie many years later. A  guy I told the story too said then have the computer take over the world and use people as batteries just like the movie that came out years later. I told him that idea was to far fetched. You should have seen the look on his face. I guess he showed me the movie that was a big success was just like his vision and my idea a warning about machines fell by the wayside undeveloped unused and unheeded. Even though i had seen another movie that was closer to my idea and I thought it was cool I had nothing to do with it but I did enjoy seeing it.

My ideas good for my soul just having this place to share thoughts with even though HIV and AIDS is what brought us together here using a bad thing to inspire others to do good things might be a goal we can all live with and strive for. Might not be to shabby and unworthwhile.

was going to delete all the other stuff above I wrote and just use the above short blurb to make my point but the work was already done  I hope reading it was not to unpleasant

My ideas I think would be great for my soul if I could use them to better my life and others lives. It is just implementation and development and the means to do them.

I get to drifty unfocused and am unskilled at writing 

when it comes to ideas  mine like get rich quick schemes never seem to pan out at least for me they don't 

It is reassuring to  read other ideas about life written here and knowing they too carry this burden of HIV and I hope we all can do something to better our lives and everyone else out there using computers to move the world to a hopefully better place

free will :  to make choices and live with the consequences of what we do and do not do

playing it to safe : there is the chance that getting it up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom. you might trip on your shoes and crack your head open on the floor. the other result is wetting the bed. Overthinking is my speciality it leads me to the conclusion that doing as little as possible leads to the least risk collateral damages and waste is also very boring and not very fulfilling and stresses my budget  but it is all I have. 

all my best to you

Desconectado zach

« Respuesta #10 en: Noviembre 15, 2017, 05:09:19 am »
Em, I love you 3am stream of consciousness posts
I set into a downward spiral
Caught an illness that was literally viral
I heard some words of wisdom the other day
And they went in one ear and out the other one

I awoke from this beatific binge
With prismatic eyes, now lite is tinged
With all the vapors that the vile humans brew
Shining through the blight of you

Desconectado em

« Respuesta #11 en: Diciembre 05, 2017, 02:43:49 am »
I had eaten dinner and fell asleep right afterward so I just woke up in the middle of the night after sleeping from about 6 o'clock to midnight

ready to meet the world and with free flowing thought while the rest of the world sleeps 

crazy free flowing tweet from another old person who has no idea what they are doing

Just read about a new movie called second act

As far as the blurb on the story line a big box store employe  using street smarts to reinvent themselves

If I had been involved in creating such a story I would have had a middle aged manager that tries to inspire a pleasant work environment and quality living environment  by using compassion to inspire contentment among the workers but gets fired for not meeting production quotas and cracking the whip to keep the employees production at the highest possible levels.

the employees try to get him back to work by planning a strike cause they know he loves them and they intern love him

the management gets wind of the discontentment and they employees say bring him back and we will work together to make this store the best a store  could be

side story to the romantic comedy to make the movie a more heart string pulling inspirational story

just my own day dream about telling a story.

going back to something I had wanted to a post the other day and a while ago about having an HIV positive homeless character in a movie rags to happily ever after story

someone had said they thought the main character should be a Hv positive CEO

I had tried to post that I thought they should be an alien super hero trying to save the universe while fighting a horde of zombies OR have him or her living in alternate universe with gnomes and fairies giants and monsters while living with HIV or combining bits of everything for the title of worst film ever made

sorry just a lame attempt to making fun of popular movies

why focus on HIV being a gay illness. why not a human illness.

have a character that endured the everyone knows so and so is gay except them concept where everyone thinks just because you have HIV you must be GAY and therefore have to be GAY and stay with others of your own kind ? even though there is strength in numbers ?  but personally my dream was always to  have children complete the circle of life. to be able to look at a younger version of myself and live my childhood vicariously and better than my own childhood at least that was the dream gteh goal  I inspired me to strive for 

have this story and the woman that believes in him and has the same dream

what about those who might have been introduced to homo sexuality at a young age told that the reason they were molested was because of their own fault that they let themselves be molested because they were gay by the molester ? NOt because some sick individual wanted to take advantage of youg childs inocents and ruin them for life ?

justification of the child molester projecting  the fault onto the child

like a fiend of mine recently said to me it is not my fault when I do stupid things it  your fault for letting me do them ?  HOw is this for a joke someone recently said to me if a wife does something wrong it is not her fault it is her husband's fault for letting her do it. so much for free will and facing the consequences of your own actions

that is life sometimes sick and the worst it could be I guess there will alway be takers and taken advantage of. conmen and the victim just the world we live in

during my time talking to other so called gay men it was a recurring theme to a large number of them of being introduced to a gay life style by an older person when they were very  young and impressionable just saying a learned lifestyle as opposed to  conscious choice . if you ignore these life changing events cause you want to all the power to you live and let live

how about this joke most homo sexuals beleive they were born gay and small percentage feel they were sucked into it ( old joke I heard in the service )

what labels do we live with how about the label of caring compassionate human beings 

sorry again to write so much but I Am going back to bed got a busy day tomorrow someone has to take care of the people in my life even if it goes unappreciated and unnoticed a house person's job is never done always wanting more but never having enough. that is life again I guess

thank you and all my best to you

al short letter from the edge of HIV existence but a long post on the internet from a an old man 

working on a movie can you imagine social security if I went over there and said after twenty years of collecting that I got a part in movie and worked for the 90 days they allow you to try and get back into the workforce after all that time ?

I bet a lot of house persons houseboys housewives and househusbands  day dream of getting that big break while the world goes on and life happens while you are making other plans

If while reading this you get inspired to a better person and keep pushing that boulder up that hill just to have it roll back down.

feal free to think this guy needs to get a life

because I do have a life it is just here I am daydreaming about what life could be instead of what it is while carrying the burden of HIV

sorry to be so drifty but that is my way and sometimes my way may not be the best way but it is all I have

again all my best to you and sleep well I know I will after posting the letter to the world

the internet may be forever but life is not so I should take my own advice and live as best I can and always be happy hopeful and content

an internet conversation a sermon to the world read by few if it touches someone who feels as lonely as I to better themselves than I am complete and served a purpose and great full for small help it might provide even if the only one it helps is me

even sometimes I feel like a crazy old hermit

like the russian zarena who named her castle the hermitage

What is a hermitage? google it

I just google it ? they do not mention that it was fashionable way back when for extremely wealthy aristocrats to have a courtyard in their estate where they would have  a small dwelling and kept an old crazy hermit as a pet ??

maybe that was just the way the thought entered my mind about what it meant,  that was a college professor once told me they thought a hermitage was many years ago

have a great day and I hope I do as well

read and re read about ten times I hope this is not to much or to drifty

all my best

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2017 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.