Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 03:58:27 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37649
  • Latest: MSB92
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773274
  • Total Topics: 66346
  • Online Today: 390
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 357
Total: 360

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Possible infection and seroconversion?  (Read 3056 times)

Offline rob559

Possible infection and seroconversion?
« on: December 09, 2007, 03:41:12 pm »
I did something really stupid. I had unprotected oral sex 27 days ago. The person I was with went down on me till I ejaculated. Then he continued to suck me afterwards until I felt a slight burning sensation in my urethra, like some of his saliva backwashed into me. Then I sucked him for less than a minute. I’m not really used to doing this sort of thing but was curious. I know I was HIV negative before this because I’ve been in a monogamous relationship for 14 years and have recently tested HIV negative before this experience.
27 days later this past Thursday morning  I developed a headache. I took some naproxen to get rid of it. I started to feel rundown. Then Thursday night I still had the head ache. Friday morning the same nagging head ache, Pain in my lower back and center back, and still feeling run down. I slept most of the day. I got up Saturday morning and felt much better but then broke out with what seems to be a rash or hives on my wrists. Then I got scared! I remember that a headache and body aches and a rash are symptoms of HIV sero-conversion. The rash has now spread to my torso under both my arms and some spotting on my stomach area. Its Sunday afternoon and I still have the rash. My head feels a bit better and my body aches are gone. But I still have that rash. I didn’t get diarrhea or any other of the symptoms nor do I believe that this is the worst I’ve ever felt. But I am worried. Im going to see my doctor tomorrow but just want some feed back. Do you think I might be infected?

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
Re: Possible infection and seroconversion?
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2007, 04:02:31 pm »
I don't think copping a headjob qualifies as stupid.

Receiving a hummer is not a risk for HIV transmission and you do not need to test as a result. You should, however, read our Welcome Thread and follow the links to our Lessons to learn more about how HIV is and is not transmitted.

MtD

Offline rob559

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2007, 04:07:11 pm »
I think im so racked with the guilt The dirty thing about it is the fact that I cheated. Im such a rat! Im going to still go to my doctor and see what the real underlying cause of this rash is. Thanks. I think i'll be able to sleep better tonight.

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2007, 04:09:24 pm »
Hey Rob,

Ja, guilt can be a terrible thing. While you're at the doctor getting your rash checked you might ask about being referred to a counselor you can talk to about your relationship issues.

Remember, this isn't an HIV situation.

MtD

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2007, 06:36:47 pm »
As far as HIV is concerned I don't see any cause for concern. What you're really busily doing is beating up on yourself about having gotten a 14 year itch and strayed. So you're a dog like a lot us. You can't undo that particular bit of business on your personal resume.

It's no sign of higher character on your part to beat yourself up. The best thing you can do for yourself and your relationship is to accept what happened, take breath, let it go and get on with your life. If you find yourself thinking and wondering about it then as Matty suggested maybe some time spent with a professional would be helpful in sorting things out.

As for the rash, that could be from any number of non-HIV causes, not the least of which is a nervous reaction. The skin is a highly sensitve organ. Discuss it with your doctor.

This is NOT an HIV situation. Good luck with sorting things out.
Andy Velez

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.