Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 12:08:58 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37649
  • Latest: MSB92
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773264
  • Total Topics: 66345
  • Online Today: 361
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 283
Total: 284

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Spring/ Summer / Fall 2008 Lipo Travels - Roll Call  (Read 8103 times)

Offline Pepino2

• Facial wasting need not be...Teach PMMA!
Spring/ Summer / Fall 2008 Lipo Travels - Roll Call
« on: January 15, 2008, 11:22:51 pm »
Alright,...Italy,...Brazil,...Mexico,...Argentina,...which Doctor?

Some of us are going back for a second treatment ....others are nervous about our first PMMA treatment and would enjoy having a "buddy" to help them through the loops.

I'm not a travel organizer.  However, I personally need to head out to Brazil for my second treatment and find that the experience is a lonely experience ...which honestly shouldn't be.

There are constraints, i.e.  Doctors are human beings too and may not be into group "things" (get your mind out of the gutter please).  In addition to that, experienced doctors have problems convincing their "international clientele" that others they have taught their techniques to (and are fully qualified) can do this too.

So how do we match all those beautiful people in a professional yet fun way?  I ask you all the question?

The aim of this post is simply to have us all discuss and assess whether there is an "unfullfilled" market need ....the supply side...too!

Let's start with a roll call.....are you planning for PMMA work in 2008?  Which quarter? (winter/summer/fall)...1st or 2nd time?  Are you looking to combine this with vacation ?  Would you like to meet new friends in doing so?  Would you like to know more from others who went through PMMA before?

I know this sounds tacky.....but heck guys....I feel the need is there.

Let's all discuss & share.

Pep2 :)
« Last Edit: January 16, 2008, 12:18:48 am by Pepino2 »

Offline mjmel

Re: Spring/ Summer / Fall 2008 Lipo Travels - Roll Call
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2008, 02:26:51 pm »
An excellent post and an excellent idea, actually. Nothing tacky about your post, Pepino2.
Forturnately...or unfortunately....I'm done putting plastic underneath my skin. If I get to looking haggardly again--well a beard will be the order of the day.
But it's a good call for those who are interested!

Mike M

Offline ARMANDO

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2008, 08:45:20 am »
i've been to mexico for pmma treatments about 3 times and before that i went for bio alcamid treatments,all very successful!!i would be interested in going back for a touch up and it would be great to go with a group or another  buddy!! would i need a passport this time or did they extend it to next year?

Offline bobino

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2008, 11:10:23 pm »

Hi Pepino,

Great post!  I'm planning on PMMA treatment this year, in either the first or second quarter.  Have been trying to schedule an appointment with Dr. Serra in Rio for early April, but communication is extremely difficult.  My e-mails go largely unanswered, so I can't say for sure when I'll actually be going.  Would love to have company, though, so if anyone is interested in seeing Rio in the spring, please let me know.

John
Suivons les rivières
Gardons les torrents
Restons en colère
Soyons vigilants

Offline minismom

• Quocumque jeceris stabit
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2008, 07:21:29 pm »
So many people are going out of the country for treatments.  Are the procedures better / cheaper outside the US?  Or, are there no alternatives here?  Just curious as Mini is a little young yet.

mum
www.watoto.com
www.MotherBearProject.org
"Whichever way you throw me, i will stand"
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline bobino

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2008, 11:01:00 pm »

Hi Mum,

The treatments may not be better outside of the U.S., but they are a hell of a lot cheaper.  The filler PMMA has been approved for use in the U.S. under the brand name Artefill, and the doctor who did my Sculptra treatments has started using it.  The problem for me is that I simply can't afford it in the quantities I need for a "full" treatment.  I can't recall exactly how much Artefill costs, but my recollection is that it's something like $1,200 per vial. 

As for quality, I've heard that Dr. Serra in Rio is excellent, and he's certainly the most experienced at performing filler treatments.  He's been doing it for eight or nine years by now.  With something like this, you want that kind of expertise.

With any luck, by the time Mini is ready for any of this, the price will have come down.

John
Suivons les rivières
Gardons les torrents
Restons en colère
Soyons vigilants

Offline Pepino2

• Facial wasting need not be...Teach PMMA!
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2008, 11:57:21 pm »
Hello Bobino and Minismum,

Just to share my experience, I mett Dr. Serra in November, 1st treatment (Epzicom/Susteva - 2 yrs - 40 yrs old).  I have always been pretty lean and therefore i must admit that this treatment may be simply the result of getting older and not necessarilly caused by the medication (ie. my father never had any cheeks either).  I want to be frank here.  I had 13.5 cc and it cost me $850.  Indeed the prices are way cheaper in latine america.  There is something in America that dedicates plastic surgery for the rish which is a scam ... I think.

Dr. Serra was teaching a japanese orgin Brazalian lady during my stay in SP (she owns here own clinic - and has mostly non hiv women as clientele base).  I wouldn't hesitate a second to go with her and could provide her contact to anyone upon Private message.

Bobino, perhaps we should touch base, as stated i need to go back shortly.  I definitely can get through to Marcio (Dr. Serra). Perhaps, if you are serious you can PM me too and I would be glad to help you and/or answer any questions you may have.  You must be serious about this though. You need to make up you mind first and be serious as to your willingness to follow through on such travels.

Thanks for your post guys. 
This is indeed a journey.

Pep2

Offline hartiepie

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2008, 09:41:19 pm »
I just got back the other day from my second treatment with Dr Serra and am very happy with my results on my face and buttocks.

I went with a group headed by Philip G who has posted here before and it was convenient to have a lot of the groundwork done ahead of time. I also liked having several people with the same condition to pal around with-- we understood intimately why we were there and it was friendly. English is not widely spoken in this part of town and it was good to have some things arranged beforehand.

He is organizing another trip 18-22 August an you can reach him at p461nyc@hotmail.com for more information.

Note of disclosure: I am not affiliated with either Philip or Dr Serra except as a patient.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.