HIV Prevention and Testing > Do I Have HIV?

Concerned about oral sex incident

(1/3) > >>

newuser24:
At the end of a date I had yesterday, the girl and got into a pretty heavy make out session for a couple hours. This also involved her giving me oral and I fingered her. She licked one of my fingers and then we kissed a few minutes later. Earlier in the day she told me that she had shingles over a year ago (when she was 23) and now I'm crazy worried that she might have HIV. I told her we should both get tested before we do anything else and she said she got tested two months ago when she got her IUD put in and that she didn't have anything but that she would get tested again if I wanted her to. Could anything that we have done gotten me HIV if she has it?

RapidRod:

--- Quote from: newuser24 on April 16, 2014, 05:42:10 pm ---At the end of a date I had yesterday, the girl and got into a pretty heavy make out session for a couple hours. This also involved her giving me oral and I fingered her. She licked one of my fingers and then we kissed a few minutes later. Earlier in the day she told me that she had shingles over a year ago (when she was 23) and now I'm crazy worried that she might have HIV. I told her we should both get tested before we do anything else and she said she got tested two months ago when she got her IUD put in and that she didn't have anything but that she would get tested again if I wanted her to. Could anything that we have done gotten me HIV if she has it?

--- End quote ---
Wouldn't matter if she was HIV positive or not. You did not have an exposure.

HIV is unable to reproduce outside its living host (unlike many bacteria or fungi, which may do so under suitable conditions), except under laboratory conditions; therefore, it does not spread or maintain infectiousness outside its host.

HIV is transmitted by;
Unprotected penetrative anal and/or vaginal sex
Sharing works with other IV drug users
Mother to child

newuser24:
Even though after I fingered her she licked my finger and we kissed a few minutes after? I did have vaginal fluid on my fingers.

RapidRod:

--- Quote from: newuser24 on April 16, 2014, 08:41:04 pm ---Even though after I fingered her she licked my finger and we kissed a few minutes after? I did have vaginal fluid on my fingers.

--- End quote ---
HIV is unable to reproduce outside its living host (unlike many bacteria or fungi, which may do so under suitable conditions), except under laboratory conditions; therefore, it does not spread or maintain infectiousness outside its host.

HIV is transmitted by;
Unprotected penetrative anal and/or vaginal sex
Sharing works with other IV drug users
Mother to child

newuser24:
Thanks Rapid. What then is so special about unprotected vaginal sex that makes the transmission so high?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version