Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 27, 2021, 07:20:48 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 36099
  • Latest: Eyecue
Stats
  • Total Posts: 761674
  • Total Topics: 64670
  • Online Today: 141
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 80
Total: 80

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Mohs on the nose  (Read 407 times)

Offline zach

Mohs on the nose
« on: September 16, 2021, 11:29:19 am »
They cut it off, to spite my face.

It was barbaric. I was awake. They'd cut, then biopsy, leaving me to chill for about 30 minutes each time. Then they'd come and cut again. 4 times all morning. 5th time they borrowed skin from around my ear to rebuild the nose, and stitched me up.

Today I changed the bandage for the first time, and the doctor called. They want three rounds of chemo after it's healed

Nuke it from orbit, nothing here worth saving

EDIT

For background
https://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=69334.msg742647#msg742647
« Last Edit: September 16, 2021, 11:37:51 am by zach »

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
Re: Mohs on the nose
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2021, 02:46:06 pm »
Hey Zach,

Sounds as though your doctor, is right on the ball. Did they tell you, whether it was a basil or squamous cell, that they were removing?

When I had the Basil cell on my nose removed, it wasn't mohs sugery.

But they did the Mohs on my toe, when I had that done, a few months back. Every small layer they took off, it went quickly to the lab, and the results came back on the loud speaker in the operating room,( that I could hear) until the results came back negative.

Yes, any cancer on the face can be brutal at times. Did you have two black eyes. I did, after my nose surgery.

Sounds as though your doctor is being precautionary with the chemo. My neighbor went through the same thing, and also had a couple rounds of chemo done. She has been fine since. She had it on the lower lip.

Take care-----Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom , 20 mg of Atorvastatin, 25 mg of Hydrochlorothiazide.
Amlodipine Besolate 5mg-- Updated 5/27/21 tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of May 27th,21,  Viral load remains Undetectable

CD 4 @571 /  CD4 % @ 17 %
69 YEARS YOUNG

WEAR A MASK !! COVID KILLS !

Offline zach

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2021, 04:42:55 am »
Hey ray,

I remember when you were going through this.

Basal cell carcinoma is what was removed. And yeah, the extra treatment was recommended as precaution.

I used to deep dive research every medical issue I faced. Now, I dont know the difference between basal or squamous... sarcoma or carcinoma.

I just sit in the chair and do as I'm told.

Black eyes, side of my face is swollen but that's going down. Haven't shaved for weeks, probably won't for weeks.

Stitches around my ear are clean, that will be a fine scar behind my beard line.

My nose looks... gnarly... trying not to fixate or stress... just telling myself it will heal. Give it time.

Right now I terrify little kids. Small pleasures.

Offline Almost2late

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2021, 06:49:44 am »
That sounds painful.. wishing you a speedy recovery.
Diagnosed - Feb.2014 Cd4 13, at 2.8%
Recent - Sept 2021 Cd4 284 at 17.8%

Offline zach

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2021, 01:18:31 am »
After fighting back a sneeze all week, I lost control today and had a fit.

It didn't hurt nearly as much as I feared.

I did clear my sinuses though. A disgusting rocket of dried blood, snot, and lidocaine shot across the deck.

Dog thought I threw a ball, spent the next ten minutes barking at a pile of snot

Suddenly I can breathe and smell.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2021 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.