Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 01:02:27 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773214
  • Total Topics: 66338
  • Online Today: 581
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 463
Total: 466

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: I´m desperate. Not another common post. Help  (Read 8501 times)

Offline Mike23

I´m desperate. Not another common post. Help
« on: January 01, 2008, 07:31:38 am »
Well, first of all sorry if my english is not adecuate :-[. Well... two months ago I had oral sex ( without protection ) and anal sex ( with protection ) with a professional... I take the role of being receptive. That was my first relation with a person which was the same genre like me. After that i was really nervous and after two days i went to the doctor and i told him i had sexual relations without protection and that I wanted to do an analisis . The analisis was right. I decided to forget it, but at the third week after i began to feel nervous, and i had gastrointestinal problems.., with some fever ( about 37-37,2ºC ). So i decided to come back to the doctor and repeat the analitical. In that week i was really depressed.. all the day crying and one day I couldnt resit my fears and i went to an urgency hospital. They prescribe me an antidepressive called orfidal. The analisis at the day thirty-two after the possible exposition were all negative. But those days I was really tired, feel sick, and could not sleep... I went back to see the doctor again and he prescribed me omeprazol because my stomach-ache... Now i think i have a little grain in my anus. I think its an hemorrhoid. But the worst of all is that im continuing with my stomach-ache, and i dont know if i have a serious infection in my intestine or in my digestive device or only im nervous and hemorrhoid is a simple complication that is not related with any illnes, and my stomach-ache is caused by nervous. I think im going again to the hospital and this time im going to ask for specifical analisis like gastroscopia or endoscopia to see if i have a serious infection in my intestine or whats going on. ( note that i only said to the doctor i had anal receptive relation when i was at the hospital ) . I forget tal about it: i have a little skin rash in my forehead, it´s dificult to appreciate it but its there.

Please give me your honest opinion. Thank you and happy 2008 for everybody  :'(

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
Re: I´m desperate. Not another common post. Help
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2008, 07:51:40 am »
Mike,

It's no surprise that your test results were negative - you didn't have a risk of infection. Getting a blowjob is not a risk for hiv infection and neither is protected anal intercourse. Condoms have been proven to prevent hiv infection.

See your doctor about your symptoms - whatever is going on has nothing to do with hiv.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Mike23

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2008, 05:19:28 pm »
Mike,

It's no surprise that your test results were negative - you didn't have a risk of infection. Getting a blowjob is not a risk for hiv infection and neither is protected anal intercourse. Condoms have been proven to prevent hiv infection.

See your doctor about your symptoms - whatever is going on has nothing to do with hiv.

Ann

Thank you. I´m still i scared because one doctor at the hospital told me that the analisis were not definitive, about vih.. But the main problem is that i dont know whats going on with my stomach, anyone knows if it could be an infection in my intestine or in my colon or whats going on in my stomach, please? I have a severe pain since 8 weeks in my stomach and i cant handle more...I´m going to the hospital in a few hours. Thanks.

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2008, 05:20:55 pm »
Mike whatever is making you ill, it's not HIV. If you feel sick, see your doctor.

MtD

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2008, 05:22:08 pm »
If you are in that much pain, Mike, by all means...goto the hospital.  We can't possibly diagnose your ailment over the internet.  All we can do for you here is provide risk assessment for HIV based on the information you present.

And that assessment is, as Ann said, clearly negative since you really had no risk from your activities.

AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline Mike23

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2008, 05:34:08 pm »
Thank you guys... Those days i have read a lot about vih disease in this and in another forums. I´ve learnead a lot about this illnes. If im´not infected or even if i am i think in the future I should help as a volunteer in some community for contributing to fight and eliminate this virus. Now i´m really concerned about this illnes and i think politics should talk more about things like VIH or cancer than climatic change or terrorism.

I hope that my stomach will be ok...  :-[

greetings, mike.

Offline Mike23

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2008, 06:02:00 pm »
I have a question, which reliability has an hiv test at the day thirty-two after being exposed to the virus? ??? Thank you  :-\

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2008, 07:18:43 pm »
For you it is conclusive because you didn't have a risk.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2008, 09:00:23 pm »
However, ordinarily a 32 day test would not be sufficient. The CDC recommends 13 weeks as a reliable testing point for a conclusive result if there has been a genuinely risky situation such as unprotected intercourse.

But you did not have a risky incident so I am just saying this as general information.
Andy Velez

Offline Mike23

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2008, 10:07:21 am »
On monday 14 i´ll receive the results for elisa test at three months after the exposition. In my standard analisis of blood i have leucocitosys with lymphopenia... I´ve got my pennis reddened and dry, and my lips also too... The pain in my stomach-intestine have dissapeared, and doctors dindt find anything extrange in my stomach, but irritable colon.

Now i´m thinking if i have an herpes, but also i´m afraid with having hiv.

Wich reliability has an elisa test at day 32? 

I think im positive  :-[ ... I need to know whats happening in my body to try to fight it, i hope the battle will be only in my mind, not in my blood. Im going to get crazy. I think "unfortunately" im going to join "the club"
« Last Edit: January 12, 2008, 10:13:51 am by Mike23 »

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2008, 11:09:51 am »
Mike,

Once again, you did not have a risk for hiv infection. Your ELISA test result will be negative.

Keep working with your doctor to find out what is going on with you. Whatever it is, it is not hiv.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Mike23

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2008, 12:52:23 pm »
Mike,

Ann

I was talking giving a blowjob... Not getting... I dont know if im explaining bad or you dont understand me, i did a blowjob and i received anal sex... Its not funny to explain it more times, i think. Thanks.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2008, 12:56:47 pm by Mike23 »

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2008, 01:13:24 pm »
OK. You've clarified that you sucked the other guy. Although some have claimed to have become infected by sucking, those are few and badly documented cases of questionable reliability.

There is much more evidence against it being risky as shown through longterm studies of sero-discordant couples with lots of protected intercourse and lots of mutual unprotected oral with not a single sero-negative partner becoming infected. Additionally your saliva has several very potent elements which inhibit HIV and prevent transmission. Taking all of that into consideration I certainly expect you to test negative.

As for the symptoms which are concerning you, which read to me as if they may in part be nervous reactions, they are something you need to discuss with your doctor. Certainly there is nothing about them which suggests HIV to me.

I expect you to come out of this ok. 
Andy Velez

Offline Mike23

« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2008, 11:59:48 am »
OK. You've clarified that you sucked the other guy. Although some have claimed to have become infected by sucking, those are few and badly documented cases of questionable reliability.

There is much more evidence against it being risky as shown through longterm studies of sero-discordant couples with lots of protected intercourse and lots of mutual unprotected oral with not a single sero-negative partner becoming infected. Additionally your saliva has several very potent elements which inhibit HIV and prevent transmission. Taking all of that into consideration I certainly expect you to test negative.

As for the symptoms which are concerning you, which read to me as if they may in part be nervous reactions, they are something you need to discuss with your doctor. Certainly there is nothing about them which suggests HIV to me.

I expect you to come out of this ok. 

Thank you Andy... I cant find the appropiate words to express my gratitude for your tips. Soon ill have a visit with my destiny, i hope not to be infected. Howewer no virus is going to end with me, because i´m going to fight with all my forces. We all must fight against this fucking virus because i´m sure we will win the battle  ;) humanity must move to end with this virus and cancer, for example. See u tomorrow.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2008, 12:09:16 pm by Mike23 »

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2008, 12:29:18 pm »
Well for what's worth I'll just say again that I don't see this as an HIV situation.

Good luck with your "destiny," Mike.

Cheers, 
« Last Edit: January 13, 2008, 12:31:08 pm by Andy Velez »
Andy Velez

Offline Mike23

« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2008, 09:35:44 pm »
Tested neg at 12 weeks and 4 days after the exposition. Should i retest at week 24 ( 6 months ) or it´s not neccesary? Thanks.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2008, 09:41:14 pm »
No, you should absolutely NOT test again at 24 weeks.

What you ought to do is stop all of this unwarranted drama right now, be grateful you tested negative because you ARE HIV negative and get on with your life. No kidding!
Andy Velez

Offline Mike23

« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2008, 10:29:40 pm »
Hi again... I´m having serious stomach problems. Well, the fact is that i have ( another time again ) a hard stomach-ache ( the pain was unbearable... I went to urgencies ), yesterday I had diarrhea... My urine is usually dark... I have an exanthema in the forehead, (the grains i talked about some weeks ago here in this post.) I think i have an herpes in my pennis, or a infection caused by fungis. I´m waiting for this friday for Hep.A.B.C , Syphilis, and HIV analysis. And also tomorrow culture ( cultivate a part of my skin )of my pennis skin. In common blood analysis i´m having low Lymphocites and high neurophilya. Also in urine culture ( cultivate urine ) , leucocites and hematies and a few intestinal flora. So symptoms: diarrhea, skin problems in my forehead, in my lips, in my pennis ( fungis? ), and in my hands ( dry skin in my hands ), low fever, gases...

So the cuestion is: 3 months and 3 weeks after a vih contact is enough time to develop aids symptoms? If the answer is no, then, what´s happening in my body? Doctors dont find anything AT the moment. ( waiting for friday new tests at 3 months and 3 weeks after exposition ) I´m feeling really bad.

I´ve watched and read too much information and i think i´m probably infected with HIV or in the best scenario i´ve an intestinal virus. I dont think about hep because my enzymes are ok. ( but GPT-ALT enzyme was 54 2 weeks ago, now its ok. I Think this is not significant... )

Sorry if i´m making too much questions, i´m feeling very bad :'( , stomach pain is unbearable. Thanks. ( sorry for my horrible english, trying to do at my best )
« Last Edit: February 06, 2008, 10:58:34 pm by Mike23 »

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2008, 11:55:26 pm »
AIDS? You first have to have HIV which as you been told that you didn't have a risk and then your test told you, you were not infected. Whatever your problems are, are unrelated to HIV.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2008, 09:01:11 am »
Mike,

You have tested conclusively negative for hiv. You do NOT have hiv. Whatever is going on with you has nothing to do with hiv because you are hiv negative. Keep working with your doctor.

If you've read the Welcome Thread like you're supposed to, you will have read the following:

Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Please consider yourself warned.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.