Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 01:44:45 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37652
  • Latest: Han2024
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773292
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 676
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 657
Total: 657

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Is it Time for New Leadership in NIH, Move on Tony  (Read 7064 times)

Offline FrederickGNP+USA

Is it Time for New Leadership in NIH, Move on Tony
« on: April 20, 2009, 10:47:54 am »
Hey Poz Community,

My name is Fredeick Wright with The Global Network of Positive People in the USA or GNP+USA.

I like to start a new topic to Ask  if USA citizens think it is time for Anthony S. Fauci with NIH to retiier and to bring in a new progress leader for this Job.

I know a lot of people that like Mr. Fauci, however I not sure who he is or what his future goals are for a Cure for AIDS.  I know he has been working for the American People for sometime and think it is time for him to move on.  I am personal  upset that he as a scientist and politic leader spent the last 8 years silent on cell stems and gene cell transfer, that has help caused the USA to be years behind in progressive research.. Wow ,I just can not justifiy him as a leader in my NIH, when he kept silent and let USA sciencitific resouces go into the dark age.  What does the Poz community think about CHANGE in NIH.

Frederick Wright

GPN+USA

FredericGNP@aol.com

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
Re: Is it Time for New Leadership in NIH, Move on Tony
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2009, 11:57:43 am »
Who do you propose takes over from Fauci?
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline FrederickGNP+USA

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2009, 02:07:28 pm »
Hi.. Ann,

It is so wonderful to hear from you Ann, how are you?... Oh any one new with progressive Ideas and a zeal and passion to unify All of research community for A Cure for AIDS, including the stell cell folks.  For Tony is not the only scientist in the World and boy he had his long run in my goverment.  Do you have any Ideas ANN?  I have heard a woman scientist speak that has open up some very promising discovers to idenfiy a week link in the HIV viral that she believe will lead to turning on the immune system one day against HIV by gentic coding.

I do Tony Fauci help arrange a deal some years ago with congressman Bill Young in gathering some 500 million dollars of resuuces from my US congress and then they out sourced the reseach to an Italian group... get that Fauci and 500 millions dollars from USA to a group in Italy for Vaccine Research.  I  Still have never heard of any thing promising coming out of this cash Set A Set Aside from that waste of funding and hope an aduit of those funds are coming for that is just another example of bad leadership, for Fauci would say a vaccine is 20 years off in one breath, but advocate for cash for his Italy friends in another breath, when the money should of gone into progress gentic and stell cell resources here in the USA scientific universities, I believe.  Again bad leadership.

Frederick Wright
GNP+USA
frederickgnp@aol.com

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2009, 02:28:05 pm »
Why should Ann think up ideas for your proposal?
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline Assurbanipal

• Taking a forums break, still see PM's
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2009, 05:48:21 pm »
I find this post uniquely offensive.

First of all, Fauci was not silent on stem cell research.  Here he is quoted in 2006 by Steny Hoyer during Congressional debate:

" Dr. Anthony S. Fauci, Director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID), has stated: ‘NIAID believes that embryonic stem cell research could be advanced by the availability of additional cell lines. . . . [W]e may be limiting our ability to achieve the full range of potential therapeutic applications of embryonic stem cells by restricting research to a relatively small number of lines currently available.’"
http://democraticleader.house.gov/in_the_news/statements_and_speeches/index.cfm?pressReleaseID=1499

Second, you represent yourself as "with The Global Network of Positive People in the USA or GNP+USA" a statement which appears to be fraudulent. http://forums.poz.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=26377.0;attach=20507

Your postings range from the inane to the incoherent to now the maliciously false.  Please "move on" yourself and stop trolling these forums.

5/06 VL 1M+, CD4 22, 5% , pneumonia, thrush -- O2 support 2 months, 6/06 +Kaletra/Truvada
9/06 VL 3959 CD4 297 13.5% 12/06 VL <400 CD4 350 15.2% +Pravachol
2007 VL<400, 70, 50 CD4 408-729 16.0% -19.7%
2008 VL UD CD4 468 - 538 16.7% - 24.6% Osteoporosis 11/08 doubled Pravachol, +Calcium/D
02/09 VL 100 CD4 616 23.7% 03/09 VL 130 5/09 VL 100 CD4 540 28.4% +Actonel (osteoporosis) 7/09 VL 130
8/09  new regimen Isentress/Epzicom 9/09 VL UD CD4 621 32.7% 11/09 VL UD CD4 607 26.4% swap Isentress for Prezista/Norvir 12/09 (liver and muscle issues) VL 50
2010 VL UD CD4 573-680 26.1% - 30.9% 12/10 VL 20
2011 VL UD-20 CD4 568-673 24.7%-30.6%
2012 VL UD swap Prezista/Norvir for Reyataz drop statin CD4 768-828 26.7%-30.7%
2014 VL UD - 48
2015 VL 130 Moved to Triumeq

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2009, 09:34:57 am »
It is too early to predict the success or even the feasibility of such a three-pronged approach. Just the research to determine feasibility would be extremely costly. It is clear, however, that new methods of fighting infection must be pursued, and it is encouraging that new NIH funding provided through the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act offers the chance to at least explore such an approach, with the hope that an end to the HIV/AIDS pandemic could be within our reach. ~Fauci http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=26725.0

ps. Do your homework. Fauci isn't the director of the NIH. Acting director is Dr. Raynard S. Kington. As acting director this gives you plenty of time to throw your hat into the ring to replace Dr. Kington.

http://www.nih.gov/about/director/
« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 09:52:09 am by Dachshund »

Offline betonet

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2009, 03:32:48 pm »
Dachshund,

Frederick did mean about

http://www3.niaid.nih.gov/about/directors/

But you did not give my friend Frederick to give his second opinion, did you?

I don't know about Fauci guy, since I am not US citizen, I am not an activist either. I am not an expert in AIDS either as I was diagnosed only 3 months ago.

But there should be definitely more done on finding a cure!

Come on guys, they have already cloned a sheep!
They have made a bone marrow translpantant that made a man free of both Leukemia and AIDS!
They have made an enormous breakthroughs last years! Technology and science develops so fast! For the last 20 years, just look at computers! At 1984 a normal HDD would be 100MB and would be big as a whole room! Now 100GB HDD's weight is less than 50 grams and smaller than a pack of cigarettes.
Nanotechnologies, Stem cells, other Biotechnologies.

The cure is not far away! It might be even closer than we think!
Until then we should give ourselves support, help each other, as this great community here at poz.com does, take our meds if needed and try to live well.

Just my opinion.

Wish you all good health!
Peace
« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 03:34:37 pm by betonet »
Dec 2008 - diagnosed +
Jan 2009  CD4 550  CD4% ??  VL 40 000
Feb 2009  CD4 330  CD4% 18  VL Unknown
Apr 2009  CD4 406  CD4% 20  VL Unknown
May 2009  CD4 380  CD4% ??  VL 27 000
June 2009 CD4 395  CD4% ??  VL Unknown
Sept 2009 CD4 344  CD4% ??  VL 44 000
Jan   2010 CD4 397  CD4% ??  VL 250 000
May  2010 CD4 370  CD4% 16  VL 750 000
Aug 2010 CD4 385  CD4% 14  VL Unknown
Dec 2010 CD4 315  CD4% ??  VL Unknown
Jan 2010 CD4 285 CD4% ?? VL Unknown
No meds yet

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2009, 06:32:32 am »
Dachshund,

But you did not give my friend Frederick to give his second opinion, did you?

I don't give anything, but judging from your friend Frederick's posting history he's quite adept at supplying multiple opinions on a variety of subjects ad nauseum.

Just for the record, Fauci is director of allergy and infectious disease at the NIH, but not director of the NIH.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.