Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:06:41 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37614
  • Latest: bondann
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772955
  • Total Topics: 66311
  • Online Today: 741
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 465
Total: 466

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Time for Meds, Post Yours  (Read 19955 times)

Offline denb45

• "1987 Classic Old School POZ+"
Re: Time for Meds, Post Yours
« Reply #50 on: January 24, 2012, 10:53:38 pm »
Just to be on the safe side, why don't you print out the five pages of the "Nutrition, Wumpette Style" thread and have your doctor include it in your medical file.

Then his doctor won't wanna be his doctor anymore once the truth is reviled  ;D
"it's so nice to be insane, cause no-one ask you to explain" Helen Reddy cc 1974

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
« Reply #51 on: January 25, 2012, 12:24:30 am »
OK,
In the morning, I take:
Isentress,
Truvada,
Pantoprazole (40 mgs),
Claritin (10 mgs),
Naproxen (375 mgs)
Fish oil (6,000 mgs)
multivitamin
Calcium/Vit D combo (600mgs/400mgs respectively)
Milk Thistle (180 mgs standardized),
Vitamin D (1,000 mgs = 4 times a week)
CoQ10 200 mgs,
Alpha Lipoic Acid (800 mgs)
Acytel L Carnitine (400 mgs)
Selenium (200 mcgs)
Advair (1 puff)

In the evening, I take:
Isentress
Niaspan (1,000 mgs)
Aspirin (325 or however much is in a standard aspirin)
Naproxen 375 mgs
Advair (1 puff)

Actually, it was much worse when I first started taking meds in 96. I took 17 HIV pills or capsules every day, with many, many, many more restrictions. (Think Crixivan.)
But on the plus side, I was taking so many pills, I had no appetite and was delightfully thin (153 pounds and just under 6 feet tall.)

HUGS,

Mark
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 12:26:21 am by aztecan »
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #52 on: January 25, 2012, 12:44:35 am »
I take Atripla right before bed.  Soon I'll be on Complera if I can swing it.

Offline BM

« Reply #53 on: January 25, 2012, 07:22:56 am »
7am: 400mg Isentress, 400mg Aciclovir.

With breakfast: Krill oil; selenium, vitamin E, vitamin C, beta carotene combo; vitamin B complex; magnesium citrate.

7pm (with dinner): 400mg Isentress, 300mg Viread, 300mg Reyataz, 100mg Norvir, 400mg Aciclovir, 5000I.U. vitamin D.

With evening snack: vitamin K complex.

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. Relentlessly gay.
« Reply #54 on: January 25, 2012, 08:01:54 am »
For those you who are on a lot of medications please keep a list in your wallet or purse of your medications and dosages. People come into the emergency room and say "I take a nerve pill and a water pill, something for my blood pressure and a little pink pill that I forget what it does". It is really helpful if there is an accurate list.

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #55 on: January 25, 2012, 09:54:19 am »
For those you who are on a lot of medications please keep a list in your wallet or purse of your medications and dosages. People come into the emergency room and say "I take a nerve pill and a water pill, something for my blood pressure and a little pink pill that I forget what it does". It is really helpful if there is an accurate list.

I keep a list on my smartphone, using Evernote which can also be accessed from any computer.

Actually my new strategy will be to buy a new scanner and scan all medical documents and keep in Evernote, then also store them in Dropbox. Though technically I can scan things even with my phone, but they don't look all that proper.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 10:14:21 am by Miss Philicia »
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline denb45

« Reply #56 on: January 25, 2012, 11:33:18 am »
I keep a list on my smartphone, using Evernote which can also be accessed from any computer.

Actually my new strategy will be to buy a new scanner and scan all medical documents and keep in Evernote, then also store them in Dropbox. Though technically I can scan things even with my phone, but they don't look all that proper.

My Problem with smartphones is I'm so blind, and the screen is so small, I can't see what the hell I'm doing unless I wear my reading glasses, and poor bob's fingers are so big, he can't make calls are text very well
he can't see the screen cuz it's too dam small  ::)
"it's so nice to be insane, cause no-one ask you to explain" Helen Reddy cc 1974

Offline wolfter

« Reply #57 on: January 25, 2012, 11:36:53 am »

I have a laminated list that I keep in my wallet.  Whenever I am asked to provide a list, I give it to them to make a copy and add it to my file.  They always appreciate that I have the list.

Wolfie
Being honest is not wronging others, continuing the dishonesty is.

Offline denb45

« Reply #58 on: January 25, 2012, 11:41:14 am »
I have a laminated list that I keep in my wallet.  Whenever I am asked to provide a list, I give it to them to make a copy and add it to my file.  They always appreciate that I have the list.

Wolfie

Yeah I have that too, and so does Bob, we keep that in our wallets, just in-case one of us passes out, and has to go into the ER  ;)

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #59 on: January 25, 2012, 12:03:37 pm »
I've just been cleaning out all the nooks and crannies around the house, and I came upon one of the zippies I used to use to store my meds when I first got sick.

Good times...good times....

AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline denb45

« Reply #60 on: January 25, 2012, 12:10:01 pm »

Tim, the last time I did deep cleaning I found $200 dollars and an old bag of weed  ;D

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #61 on: January 25, 2012, 12:13:58 pm »

Tim, the last time I did deep cleaning I found $200 dollars and an old bag of weed  ;D

Shoot.  I haven't scored anything that fun.  Just expired bottles of Dapsone.
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #62 on: January 25, 2012, 07:46:34 pm »

Wolfie

Oh boy... not one of those types that laminates. Why don't you just make a decoupage egg with the list?

I have this one friend that gets high on meth and then uses one of those labeling machines for everything in his house. Well, that is when he's not busy making holes in the walls or digging up the floor because he thinks miniature Mexican guys are hiding under the floor.

Offline denb45

« Reply #63 on: January 25, 2012, 07:57:35 pm »

I have this one friend that gets high on meth and then uses one of those labeling machines for everything in his house. Well, that is when he's not busy making holes in the walls or digging up the floor because he thinks miniature Mexican guys are hiding under the floor.

Maybe he's looking for old sex tricks past or present , are just tweaking out  ;D

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #64 on: January 25, 2012, 08:02:25 pm »
Maybe he's looking for old sex tricks past or present , are just tweaking out  ;D

He still lived with his ex-boyfriend, and he thought the ex was hiding sex tricks in the house. That house was just a cesspool of amphetamines for several years, and before that heroin. It was so messy I was afraid to go visit. Several time the cops would get called, and one of them got put in jail for hitting the other one over the head with a fireplace hot poker thingie.

Offline denb45

« Reply #65 on: January 25, 2012, 08:27:00 pm »
He still lived with his ex-boyfriend, and he thought the ex was hiding sex tricks in the house. That house was just a cesspool of amphetamines for several years, and before that heroin. It was so messy I was afraid to go visit. Several time the cops would get called, and one of them got put in jail for hitting the other one over the head with a fireplace hot poker thingie.

That is so sad  :(

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #66 on: January 25, 2012, 08:50:52 pm »
Believe it or not, but with all of that drug use neither of them has ended up a pozzie. Gotta give those girls some credit!

Offline denb45

« Reply #67 on: January 25, 2012, 09:16:46 pm »
Believe it or not, but with all of that drug use neither of them has ended up a pozzie. Gotta give those girls some credit!

Well , but they get no credit for being tweakers, haven't they realized that you'll never have a dam thing tweaking your life away like that, think of all the money they could have saved for themselves...sad  :(

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #68 on: January 25, 2012, 09:17:03 pm »
Oh boy... not one of those types that laminates. Why don't you just make a decoupage egg with the list?

now that is some funny shit  ;D
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
« Reply #69 on: January 26, 2012, 12:15:41 am »

I did that with the old lists, which reminds me, I need to update mine again. 8)

HUGS,

Mark
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline wolfter

« Reply #70 on: January 26, 2012, 10:10:02 am »
I did that with the old lists, which reminds me, I need to update mine again. 8)

HUGS,

Mark

I need to update mine as well.  I've recently did away with metropolol. 

Wolfie
Being honest is not wronging others, continuing the dishonesty is.

Offline sevillano

« Reply #71 on: January 26, 2012, 05:28:34 pm »
norvir, reyataz and truvada - 1x/day; evening time between 19h-22h with some food ...

----------------------------------------
dec 2010       - tested neg
22.01.2011    - infection
10.02.2011    - tested poz (test of 4th generation)
18.02.2011    - ELISA test poz
                    - VL: 5 mio
                    - CD4: 421 (19 %)
                    - CD3: 1709 (78%)
                    - CD8: 1267 (58%)
may 2011 - CD4: 428 (21%)
                  VL: 250 000
august 2011 - CD4: 398 (24%)
                      VL: 50 000
november 2011 - CD4: 320 (24%)
                           VL: 134 000
09.12.2011 - CD4: 284 (26%)
16.12.2011 - started TRUVADA/REYATAZ/NORVIR
16.3.2012 - CD4: 373 (25%), VL: 459

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.