Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 18, 2024, 10:44:00 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772781
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 328
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 221
Total: 222

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Why a Number of HIV Patients Are Aging Faster  (Read 33881 times)

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
Re: Why a Number of HIV Patients Are Aging Faster
« Reply #50 on: January 28, 2010, 04:17:21 pm »
Most of you here will be interested in reading this thread in the Research forum on new findings of aging in the brain.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline joejoe1972

• Loving living life!
« Reply #51 on: January 28, 2010, 05:29:46 pm »
thanks Miss Philicia, it was a good article to find.

Best Wishes,
JoeJoe
Hiv+ since 1991, AIDS since 2001

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #52 on: January 28, 2010, 05:57:59 pm »
new findings of aging in the brain.
thanks for the info! though it not surprising really. the inflammation etc that is aging our bodies is aging our brains too.  now our brains match our bodies ;D
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #53 on: January 28, 2010, 06:03:22 pm »
I just thought it prudent to point it out, so that we'd all not get labeled "OMG ALARMIST" like when the other thread on the New York Magazine article initially appeared.

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
« Reply #54 on: January 28, 2010, 10:55:26 pm »
Hey Miss P,

I am one of those they are writing about, being over 50, pozzie for 24 years plus, on meds etc.

It is a frightening prospect. It is perhaps the most frightening part of living with this for me.\

I guess the bright side would be, as you said, I won't know what happened.

UGH.

I just thought it prudent to point it out, so that we'd all not get labeled "OMG ALARMIST" like when the other thread on the New York Magazine article initially appeared.

Yep, they love to call us alarmists when we mention the "dark side." ::)

HUGS,

Mark
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 10:59:50 pm by aztecan »
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline joejoe1972

• Loving living life!
« Reply #55 on: January 28, 2010, 11:57:35 pm »
Its talking about all of us aztecan, this disease spares no brain cell, no age. After 19 yrs this disease and these meds have decimated my memory and concentration skills, definitely more noticeable as I get older and I'm only 38.

affections,
JoeJoe
Hiv+ since 1991, AIDS since 2001

Offline denb45

• "1987 Classic Old School POZ+"
« Reply #56 on: February 24, 2010, 10:08:48 pm »
Mark............your only 52, I thought you were about 40 are 43, now I don't feel so dam old anymore
nice to know that I'm only a yr older than you , I was starting to feel like NO ONE in this Forum was around my age, as there is such a HUGE generation gap around here in these here parts, and that most of my replay's and post were so outta-the-loop......age-wise, you know your OLD when you find out the age of most on this forum is a couple of generations after you  :-*
« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 10:16:11 pm by denb45 »
"it's so nice to be insane, cause no-one ask you to explain" Helen Reddy cc 1974

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
« Reply #57 on: February 25, 2010, 12:02:18 am »
Hey Dennis,

I will be 53 in July, so you're really not a year older than me.

I don't think you're out of the loop. Its just that the youngsters haven't made it to our loop yet! ;) ;)

HUGS,

Mark
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline denb45

« Reply #58 on: February 25, 2010, 10:20:01 am »
Hey Dennis,

I will be 53 in July, so you're really not a year older than me.

I don't think you're out of the loop. Its just that the youngsters haven't made it to our loop yet! ;) ;)

HUGS,

Mark

Yeah but the reality of it all is most of us in our 50s ARE DEAD, but some how we are still alive, and we are what the youngsters will become, if they take care of themselves and make it thur the fire, what is very disheartening is the level of disrespect I seem to get form most of them  ;D  I will now go back into my corner and just lurk in the Forums, and if I EVER have something to say, I'll post, if not I won't It been a real pleasure.... Ya'll take care  :D
« Last Edit: February 25, 2010, 10:29:39 am by denb45 »
"it's so nice to be insane, cause no-one ask you to explain" Helen Reddy cc 1974

Offline Moffie65

• Living POZ since 1983
« Reply #59 on: February 26, 2010, 10:40:02 am »
Dennis,  Bitch Bitch Bitch Bitch!!

Hell, wait for another ten years to complain about being old.  Shit, 63 is no cake walk, but then I look at my sweetie, who looks younger than you at 68, and I see all the shit he is putting up with even being HIV- ; and I think about the possibility of living another 10 years to 73, and wonder just how that is going to work out for me.  Now that I am on Reltegravir, my brain function is really cleaning itself up, so all I have to deal with is the continuing PN pain, and praying that my current cocktail doesn't fail.  Buck up buddy, you'll make it far better if you don't give a shit what others say about anything coming out of your brain, and get on with living.
The Bible contains 6 admonishments to homosexuals,
and 362 to heterosexuals.
This doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals,
It's just that they need more supervision.
Lynn Lavne

Offline denb45

« Reply #60 on: February 26, 2010, 11:12:04 am »
Maybe if I'm lucky, I'll make to 66, that way I'll get my FULL SSDI instead of only 85% of it now, and with inflation, that should be quite the increase, ya think  ;D  Moffie, I haven't stopped living yet, I just want to hang around to see what happens next (good or Bad) I stopped worrying about what others though of me YEARS AGO, I'm who and what I'am , what I've become, good or bad..life is a bitch, and then you get sick, old, and die-off, it's the natural law  ;) Thanks Daddy Moffie for giving the needed kick in the ass, I feel much better now to have you by my side, where the hell have you been on these forums, I've missed your great wisdom a lot around here  :-*  
« Last Edit: February 26, 2010, 02:12:34 pm by denb45 »

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #61 on: February 26, 2010, 03:59:47 pm »
Daddy Tim's around, Dennis.  You need to get around the other parts of the forums more. ;)
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #62 on: February 26, 2010, 04:41:41 pm »
yarly... Daddy Tim's not even the only regular member around that (~65) either.

Offline denb45

« Reply #63 on: February 26, 2010, 04:44:47 pm »
Daddy Tim's around, Dennis.  You need to get around the other parts of the forums more. ;)

Thank You Betty, I'm glad all of you are here, and that's a good thing, it helps a lot to know that  ;)

Offline dixieman

« Reply #64 on: February 26, 2010, 05:56:04 pm »
Well I guess its my imagination my inside of my bones hurt? When I wake up to get ready to go into the office in takes me awhile to move? My Doctors think I'm doing awesome but, I'd hate to find out what it feels like when I'm on my way downhill? but, I'm thankful for everyday and I do enjoy my herb to alleviate some of the pain...

Offline bear60

« Reply #65 on: February 27, 2010, 10:17:28 am »
"Maybe if I'm lucky, I'll make to 66, that way I'll get my FULL SSDI instead of only 85%" quote dennis
The view from 66 is not so bad.  There are days that I am hardly able to move because of aches and pains.   But I just had a massage this week and feel pretty good.  If you take care of the body, 66 will look pretty good to you.
Poz Bear Type in Philadelphia

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #66 on: February 27, 2010, 10:48:53 am »
If you take care of the body, 66 will look pretty good to you.

Please girl, you look marvelous whenever I see you in person.  Walking embodiment of good health and youthful vigor.

Offline whatever1

« Reply #67 on: March 10, 2010, 10:28:56 pm »
no matter what guys we are still here to tell the story , the good times ,bad times and how united we stood with ACT UP  and other organizations, Let's celebrate because we got to show the world the best we as humans had to offer we united and cared , We have legacy 20 years and counting . Look in the mirror and tell your self , We made it ,making it and go on out and do the daymn thing to the best of our ability..stay free

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.