Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:51:49 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772945
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 375
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 350
Total: 352

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: William is in trouble  (Read 24698 times)

Offline Life

• Member 2005
William is in trouble
« on: September 04, 2008, 02:25:26 pm »
I thought I would touch base with everyone.   William is in trouble.   I must admit that I am scared shitless about this.   Doing my best to hold it together and be there for William as the doctors piece the problems together.   William went into the hospital ER after living with this for two weeks with severe edema in his lower extremities to the point of hardly being able to walk.   The ruthlessly bad doctor with the worst bedside manor ran many tests on him and found him to be anemic and having edema.  I could have told the fucking doctor that.  The scan revealed some scarring on his liver.   His cyst in his chest diagnosed 3 years ago is unchanged and probably not the problem.  Dr. Ben from Denver has been with us every step of the way and has him coming down to Denver for a liver biopsy at the end of the month as he leaves for Russia today and in the meantime he will be seeing a doctor in our valley who Ben recomended to try and diagnosis whats happening.   Ben feels this is not related to hiv.   His numbers 4 months ago were 450 and a vl of around 1,500...   Will keeps assuring me he has been prone to all sorts of things thru his lifetime.   But to have to sit around with my hands tied waiting on his visit next week is inescapably worrysome.    His parents have both gone through their share of the C word......  i cant tell his parents much as they are in their 80+ and Will does not want to scare them.   I have informed all my family who are trying to be as supportive as possible.   Will is picking up some sort of stockings to put on his legs, yet they will not perscribe a diuretic at this point......  I wish I knew what else I could do to help him relieve the swelling in the meantime...   He still goes to work and his staff all help him out.   His staff know his status and have been a very strong source of support for him during this...

Say some prayers for him as they figure it out..  We need it..

Love,

Eric

Offline Alain

• I am.
Re: William is in trouble
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2008, 02:36:22 pm »
{{{{{Eric}}}}},

I am so sorry to hear about William's situation.

I 'll be thinking about both of you and hoping for the best possible outcome.

Don't think the big C for now, at least try not to.

Be strong and don't be a stranger, keep us posted.

Love you both, Alain :-*

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2008, 02:42:14 pm »
Eric will be thinking of you two. Hope they find out what is going on and it can be taken care of in a speedy time frame. Tell him to take it easy and keep the socks on and legs elevated.

Rodney

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2008, 02:58:02 pm »
Eric, I'm sending you and your partners good luck in the upcoming days/weeks.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline allopathicholistic

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2008, 03:15:18 pm »
white light my Colorado friend... white light

Offline Texan38

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2008, 03:46:09 pm »
Eric,

My thoughts and prayers go out to you and William during this trying time.
 :-*

Mark
In Hollywood an equitable divorce settlement means each party getting fifty per cent of publicity.
~ Lauren Bacall

Offline Life

• Member 2005
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2008, 04:09:00 pm »
I appreciate all of you so very much...  I married a very delicut human being with a heart of gold.  William has always been the caregiver to all his friends and family and to me.  He is always there for everyone in the time of need.  Yet, when it comes to times when he is in trouble, he just wants to deal with it.  He knows how I tend to go off the deep end (years past) when things were just beginning for us...  So, I hide my fear from him and try and do the best I can.  Staying in the "Light" Alex is what I am trying to do even though the dimmer switch seems to be broken..

I was wondering if there is any natural diuretics available that would not hurt him.   I know he drinks alot of juices and unsure if this is hard on the liver...  He does not have any forms of hep.  I was not told what his liver function was or even if this is a cause other than just a finding.   I wish I knew more but sometimes Will does not share with me everything he knows..  Trying to protect me which I cant stand sometimes...

Rod, I will tell him about the elevation and hopefully when the socks go on, his eyes don't pop out..

Eric
« Last Edit: September 04, 2008, 04:10:34 pm by Life »

Offline heartforyou

• I must be a survivor in many ways...
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2008, 04:20:09 pm »
Sweetie,

I am upset that Will and you have to go through this...
I wished I had a magic stick... or do I???

Anywya, I am keeping both of you in my prayers..

big hugs and love

Hermie
Infected 1983. Diagnosed in 1987 and still kicking
Dovato once daily. Hydrea

Happiness is the freedom of breathing fresh air every day.

Offline Longislander

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2008, 05:38:48 pm »
Hi Eric,

I'm sorry to see that you're going through this. I had been thinking about you lately wondering where you've been and what you've been up to.  Now I see things aren't so good right now.

All I can do is wish you and Will luck and speed with the diagnosis, and send lots of love your way.

Keep us posted.

Love,
Paul

infected 10/05 diagnosed 12-05
2/06   379/57000                    6/07 372/30500 25%   4/09 640/U/32% 
5/06   ?? /37000                     8/07 491/55000/24%    9/09 913/U/39%
8/06   349/9500 25%              11/07 515/68000/24     2/10 845/U/38%
9/06   507/16,000 30% !          2/08  516/116k/22%    7/10 906/80/39%
12/06 398/29000 26%             Start Atripla 3/08
3/07   402/80,000 29%            4/08  485/undet!/27
4/07   507/35,000 25%            7/08 625/UD/34%
                                                 11/08 684/U/36%

Offline Life

• Member 2005
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2008, 05:52:43 pm »
Paul, I know I have been quiet..  I have been dealing with alot of drama with my parents which has taken alot of effort over the past year... The kids have moved them closer to us finally and now this happens to William.....  I am ready for some smoother waters.... I pray they come..  In spite of all this, I had a sit down with Dr. Ben last week, got my labs, my px for Chantix..  Have been returning to a more preferable weight and things on my end are very good...  Its all the externals hitting me that kick my ass..   I do miss being able to post as much as I use to and I miss that connection.  I hope when things settle down in my life that I can be more of a part of this community again.   I am always reading!!

Hermie,   I love you very very much...

Eric

Offline bocker3

• You gotta enjoy life......
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2008, 08:27:41 pm »
Eric,

I'm so sorry to hear about William's troubles.  Hopefully Dr. Ben and his referral doc can help pinpoint the problem.  It sounds like you are doing all the right things -- be sure to stay in the NOW and try not to project what might happen.  Just keep doing what needs doing. 

Most of all -- be sure to take care of you too!  Posting here is a great idea, share your worries - don't keep them bottled up.

I'll say a prayer for you both.

Sending you a great big {{{HUG}}} Sweetie!

Love,
Mike

Offline komnaes

« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2008, 09:00:52 pm »
Sorry to hear about the news Eric. Sending Will and you some good vibes..
Aug 07 Diagnosed
Oct 07 CD4=446(19%) Feb 08 CD4=421(19%)
Jun 08 CD4=325(22%) Jul 08 CD4=301(18%)
Sep 08 CD4=257/VL=75,000 Oct 08 CD4=347(16%)
Dec 08 CD4=270(16%)
Jan 09 CD4=246(13%)/VL=10,000
Feb 09 CD4=233(15%)/VL=13,000
Started meds Sustiva/Epzicom
May 09 CD4=333(24%)/VL=650
Aug 09 CD4=346(24%)/VL=UD
Nov 09 CD4=437(26%)/VL=UD
Feb 10 CD4=471(31%)/VL=UD
June 10 CD4=517 (28%)/VL=UD
Sept 10 CD4=687 (31%)/VL=UD
Jan 11 CD4=557 (30%)/VL=UD
April 11 CD4=569 (32%)/VL=UD
Switched to Epizcom, Reyataz and Norvir
(Interrupted for 2 months with only Epizcom & Reyataz)
July 11 CD=520 (28%)/VL=UD
Oct 11 CD=771 (31%)/VL=UD(<30)
April 12 CD=609 (28%)/VL=UD(<20)
Aug 12 CD=657 (29%)/VL=UD(<20)
Dec 12 CD=532 (31%)/VL=UD(<20)
May 13 CD=567 (31%)/VL=UD(<20)
Jan 14 CD=521 (21%)/VL=UD(<50)

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2008, 09:21:15 pm »
Oh Eric, I certainly hope they can remedy this situation with Will quickly.  Be assured I will be thinking about you both and keeping you both in my thoughts.  Please let us know how things are going.

{{{ERIC AND WILL}}}

Luv,
Betty

P.S.  Please take care of yourself also.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline rondrond

• 22 years HIV+ yet a yard could be the death of me
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2008, 02:17:29 am »
Eric,

I'm sorry that you and William are going through this.

Elevation is a good thing, but you state that he is still working. Does the swelling go down after elevating? Then swell again after getting up? Might need complete bed rest for awhile.

Those socks are hard to get on, but for some reason, they make the legs feel better once on. Were they ordered by Rx, measuring his legs?  One size doesn't fit all in this case.

Hopefully it's nothing that can't be taken care of when properly diagnosed.

Best wishes,
ronnie
"I'm not done yet"....Glen Campbell

"I may not be exactly where I want to be, but I sure as Hell am not where I was"
Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

04jul07/DVT-right leg/Bi Lateral PE's     
16oct08/DVT-left leg
Aug09 Diagnosed: COPD

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline LatinAlexander

• Bogota, Colombia
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2008, 06:45:06 am »
Ohh boy :(

Well, we are just next to you and William. BIG HUG ERIC!!!!

Alex
Poz since Jul 19 2006
Initial numbers : CD4-250 VL 3500
First labs after HAART (Dec 04-2006) : CD4-432 VL-<40 (Undetectable)  cd4%=25.11%
Started HAART: Combivir+Efavirenz Aug 26 7:38 pm
Feb 08 2007 - Gradually stopping HAART cause of Myalgia. Protecting Efavirenz. Stopped Efavirenz, ahead with Combivir....
February 17 Combivir stopped.
April 3 -07 : Started ddi+3tc+efavirenz...
Gay and positive (What a lack of Identity...:) )
Looking for my Ben....

Offline franfrog

« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2008, 07:08:00 am »
((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))
Eric and William,
I am in your corner!  Send William my love and Eric, you are great and hope evrything works out! :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*
7/05 diagnosis cd4- 52 vl -?
08/05 cd4-299 vl-1900
10/05 cd4-249 vl-349
12/05 cd4-349 vl-52
03/06 cd4-454 vl-<50
06/06 cd4-508 vl-<50

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2008, 07:41:00 am »
Hello Eric,

Thinking of you guys, and sending you and William lots of energy.

((((HUGS)))) ---   Ray

Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of Oct 2nd, 2023, Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @676 /  CD4 % @ 18 %
Lymphocytes,absolute-3815 (within range)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline bear60

« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2008, 08:00:46 am »
Hi Eric
I hope everything works out for you and Will.  For Will I wish a speedy resolution to the problems he's having. I sure know how distressing it can be when one partner is not doing well.
Cranberry juice is what Kurt drinks..... he mixes some into almost everything he drinks. (Not into coffee !)
 ;D

Joel
Poz Bear Type in Philadelphia

Offline Lisa

• Formerly known as sweetieweasel/Joined Nov. 2004
    • http://www.myspace.com/lisanowak58
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2008, 08:14:11 am »
Sorry to hear William isn't doing so well. If he eats foods high in potassium, they will act as a natural diuretic. Potassium helps the body expel sodium. Things like avacado, banana have higher concentrations, but deep green leafies, lentils, and fresh fruits are good too..  Hope this sorts out,  and isn't too serious.
Don't be such a stranger.
No Fear  No Shame  No Stigma
Happiness is not getting what you want, but wanting what you have.

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2008, 10:58:41 am »
Eric,

Sending lots of love and hugs and healing thoughts & energy to Will.....those support hose will definitely help, but they will make him crazy (at least for awhile).    It's like trying to cram your foot into a garden hose.....

Let us know what y'all find out.

Love,
Alan
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline Life

• Member 2005
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2008, 11:17:01 am »
Woke up this morning and found Williams legs less swollen because of his little ballerina tights outfit hes got on.   Of course the fluid now is up in his upper body and he sorta looks like the pillsberry doe boy.   Helped him put on his jogging pants because none of his pants fit him anymore.   To have to watch him creep around the house like a 90 year old makes me very sad this is happening to him.   But you know what...   Everything that comes out of his mouth, is a positive one.   He absolutely never goes down the dark road with me.   I learn so much from him at every turn..   I am the devils advocate and always play out things in my head to every possible outcome....  William always says "Bad Eric, Bad Eric."  Much like when our dog does something wrong "Bad Johnny, Bad Johnny".   I tell you this having William in my life has been the best thing that has ever happened to me.   I will not allow body chemistry (fucked up as they maybe right now) to get in between us..

All these recommendations (Ronnie, Lisa, Joel) that you all have given me will be discussed with William tonight when I get home.   He is off for the weekend and I am sure he is planning bed rest and watching tennis on TV.   Then come Wednesday, the Internest who has worked with Ben will hopefully begin repairs on my husband.     

I miss you guys to, I really do.   Thank you for being here for us.  William thanks all of you as well and he knows what comfort it is to know we are not alone while we go through these things life hands us..

Love,

Eric
(who is staying as best he can in the NOW)  thx Mike..

Offline Life

• Member 2005
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2008, 11:23:27 am »
Alan, seems like others have had to deal with these hoses to... I am glad we are not the only ones.   It took two of his staff members at the college a half an hour to put them on him yesterday..  He said he wont forget that experience.... Ever..  Nor will the two girls who helped him I would imagine..

Hugs,

Eric

Offline rondrond

« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2008, 11:59:20 am »
Alan, seems like others have had to deal with these hoses to... I am glad we are not the only ones.   It took two of his staff members at the college a half an hour to put them on him yesterday..  He said he wont forget that experience.... Ever..  Nor will the two girls who helped him I would imagine..

Hugs,

Eric

Eric, William..

That struggle to get those socks on is what stops some from using them. It also tempts one to leave them on, but, at bedtime, they must come off...don't sleep with them on. It's a circulation thing that is only in operation when up and moving as compared to sleeping.

My doctor doesn't believe in them, so I can't get a Rx. My sister has extreme edema as do I. She swears on pineapple as a diuretic.

all the best..
ronnie

"I may not be exactly where I want to be, but I sure as Hell am not where I was"
Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline woodshere

• ain't no shame in my game
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2008, 12:50:18 pm »
Eric, so sorry to hear of the difficult time you and William are having these days.  I will keep you in my thoughts and hope things will improve soon.

Woods
"Let us give pubicity to HV/AIDS and not hide it..." "One of the things destroying people with AIDS is the stigma we attach to it."   Nelson Mandela

Offline DanielMark

« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2008, 03:43:02 pm »
Prayers for strength for you and William, Eric. Sorry to hear about this challenge you’re going through.

Daniel
MEDS: REYATAZ & KIVEXA (SINCE AUG 2008)

MAY 2000 LAB RESULTS: CD4 678
VL STILL UNDETECTABLE

DIAGNOSED IN 1988

Offline Life

• Member 2005
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2008, 11:00:49 am »
William is wearing his compression pants and is iceing his legs and trying to keep them elevated as much as he can.   I rubbed his legs last night but feel pretty helpless in all of this.  To have to wait till Wednesday to see the Internest seems like an eternity from now.   I am going to the grocery store today and pick up things high in potassium.    I pray come Wednesday that they find without delay what is causing Will to be experiencing all this.   

Dam it !

Eric 

Offline bear60

« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2008, 11:10:52 am »
Eric
You know, if Will is so uncomfortable that he (and you) cannot bear to have him at home in this condition, you need to call your doctor and tell him you are going to the emergency room.  Then Will can be given the necessary attention, tests or whatever he needs to help him calm down.
I have been thru this on three or four occasions......and had to kind of say "Get your pants on, we are going to the emergency room."

Best of luck

Joel

Offline rondrond

« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2008, 01:01:29 pm »
I'm going to second the trip to the ER....Wednesday is too long to wait...there are things that could be going on that are time sensisitve...

Not saying this is the cause, but in cases of like.. say.. blood clots....there is a medication that can dissolve the clot, but only within a certain period from the onset of symptoms....

wait too long, and it becomes established..and the dissolving option is gone....could break up and do lots of damage elsewhere....if that's what it is...

but only a sonagram can tell the story....

sorry that William is so miserable, and his pain is causing you pain...going to the ER is a hard option to choose, along with the fear of having a hospital stay....but...it beats the alternative...

Is there a fever in his legs? Is he in pain?

best wishes for a turnaround in his condition....
ronnie

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline Life

• Member 2005
« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2008, 01:34:31 pm »
Ronnie and Joel....

On the initial ER visit they carried out sonagrams / CT scans / liver & kidney function.  Given that both legs have swelled equally they have ruled out blood clots...  Dr. Ben reviewed all these labs and findings and talked with some of his collegues in Denver about it.   Given we are very much appossed to placing him in the hospital here, Ben felt that his Internest friend down valley who is now on vacation till Monday will be able to see him, maybe as earily as Monday but for sure on Wednesday...  No fevor, just uncomfortable...   Our hospital here will admit you here for a hangnail.   They are more a trauma center and not good at diagnostics and we just dont like them at all (fill the beds).   If William gets to the breaking point, trust me, I will be driving him to Denver in a heartbeat...   And,  I cant force him to do much...  He is very strong minded..

Eric

Offline Jody

« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2008, 05:55:01 pm »
Dear Eric...Sending you and Will positive vibes from New York and hoping the news is all good next week.

Jody
"Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world".
 "Try to discover that you are the song that the morning brings."

Grateful Dead

Offline Blixer

« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2008, 06:47:29 pm »
Eric,
My thoughts and prayers are with you and William.  I can only imagine how frustrated you must be with the helpless feeling of wanting to do something but not having anything to do but wait.  I know Dr. Ben is a fantastic Dr. and I'm sure his colleague is going to take good care of William.  Lots of love to both of you.
David
Diagnosed 1/9/06
8/27/2007 CD4 598, 29%, VL 58 (72 wks)
11/19/2007 CD4 609, 30%, VL < 50 (84 wks)
2/11/2008 CD4 439, 27%, VL <50 (96 wks)
5/5/2008 CD4 535, 28%, VL <50 (108 wks)
10/20/2008 CD4 680, 28%, VL <50 (132 wks)
Changed to Atripla in 2012
1/14/2013 CD4 855, 35%, VL <40

Offline Teresa

« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2008, 09:55:42 pm »
Eric,  So sorry you and William are going through this. You both are in my thoughts and prayers.

Big Hugs to you both
Teresa
Hubby HIV+ 5/5/06
CD4:320
  %: 26.7
 VL: <20
Atripla (started it 8/24/06)

Offline StrongGuy

« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2008, 05:37:24 am »
You both are in my thoughts and wishing you both good strength.

The two of you are special, kind souls and lucky to have each other during this trying time.

Mike
"Get your medical advice from Doctors or medical professionals who you trust and know your history."

"Beware of the fortune teller doom and gloomers who seek to bring you down and are only looking for company, purpose and validation - not your best physical/mental interests."

"You know you all are saying that this is incurable. When the real thing you should be saying is it's not curable at the present time' because as we know, the great strides we've made in medicine." - Elizabeth Edwards

Offline Nico

« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2008, 11:05:43 am »
Eric,
I know this has been a rough year for you.  I have you and William in my prayers.  You know I love you both and will be thinking good thoughts!  Stay strong!

Hugs to you both!
Roger
Poz since 1990.

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2008, 12:28:24 pm »
Eric,

Know that I am sending lots of healing energy to Will and positive energy to you.

I will keep you both in my thoughts.

HUGS (For both of you!)

Mark
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

• Cheech 2.2.94 - 4.23.10 We miss you so much!
« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2008, 09:15:21 pm »
Hi Eric~

I wanted to let you and William know that I am thinking of you both tonight, praying that you get some answers this week.  I know how frustrating it is to feel helpless.  Just know that your support is getting William through a difficult time, you're a good partner.  :)

Hang in there,

~ Cindy
HIV+ since '93, 1/12 - CD4 785 and undet.   WOO-HOO!!

Offline Life

• Member 2005
« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2008, 11:11:14 am »
Thank you very much for the well wishes.. It makes both of us feel better.  My family have been reading this thread from different states and cannot believe the support you bring.   Thank you again...

William is hanging in there like a trooper.   His visit with the Internest will happen tomorrow Wednesday at 1600 hrs.   We tried ever so hard to get him in on Monday, but the doctor was just getting back from vacation so he had a full case load.   The PA says to go to the ER if he is in any distress or pain.   I tried my best to offer these suggestions to William, but he turned those down flatly.   He has not had the best times in the ER over the years.   My mind still has been running the gamut on all of this.   I do not think it is going to be an easy out and will require some hospital time to get his system back up and running.   His urine output is low, which must mean his liver/kidneys are not doing their jobs right now.   I really don't want to go down this road, but I have to...   Tomorrow will give us a clearer picture what is in store for us..

Thanks again for everyone's concern..    I have to work on building the mental fortitude to deal with loved ones being sick.  Hiv and getting older is certainly going to present alot of challenges to us as time goes along and I have to keep up the pace..

Eric

Offline Florida69

« Reply #37 on: September 09, 2008, 12:33:56 pm »
Hello to you and William my dear friend.  I am so sorry that you guys are going through any of this and my heart and prayers are always with you.  I pray that tomorrow brings a good solution to this wall that you have ran into with William's health.  I know it is frustrating, but you are doing what a good husband would do and that is to be there for William.  Know we are all pulling for you both, and know I am always available to you, I wish I could offer more than mear hope and prayers, but love and appreciation for you guys is at the top of my list.  I hope that the issue is rectified tomorrow and that you guys are able to get back on track with your lives.  Know you and William are very well loved.  D 
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

Offline rondrond

« Reply #38 on: September 10, 2008, 11:33:22 pm »
Eric/William

Hoping that today's visit went well.

Waiting to hear how it turned out.

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline Life

• Member 2005
« Reply #39 on: September 11, 2008, 01:23:03 am »
Well I took the day off from work and spent it with Will today.   We talked alot today about so many things and alot about the future.    I did get Will to pack a few things for the trip down valley to the new doctor.   He was really hoping that a pill would be perscribed and he could go home and deal with the edema first and then deal with the cause after he gets to feeling a bit better.   We made it down to the new doctors office just fine.    I think Will was with him for about an hour and a half.   I knew this was not going to be a simple fix, probably from the start.   Will is the optimist, I am the other.   Will introduced me to Dr O'Neil who actually has spent time with Dr. Ben in Denver when they were dealing with horrific results when there was no treatment for hiv/aids.   So that made me feel at least he knew all the underlying cause and effect that hiv can play on the body.   As well, is from what I saw was a genuine concern for William and understanding of our commitment to eachother.    Will then told me they are gong to admit him now and begin working on the edema then find the cause of the enemia.   

We do not have any answers at this time.   I am thankful that he is in very loving hands.  His nurse Ann was just so wonderful to both of us.  He was admitted to the ICU ward because all the standard rooms were full.  The patient room rivals that of some of the hotels that I work for.   I have never seen hardwood floors, fine carpentered cabinetry.  Huge picture windows overlooking the mountains for a patient room.   And I have been in many.   All of our friends recommended we go here, I am glad we did....   I drove back again and brought some pictures and some of our stuffed animals that we seem to have accumulated to place about his room.     I do not like seeing tubes coming out of my husband.   I don't like leaving him there while I tend to the empty house and dog duties..   I hope they find what is causing this and in the end, that it is not to serious.... 

I am going to take my Ambien now and go to sleep...

To everyone here, thanks for letting me share about this..  It puts some things into better light for me.

Love,

Eric

Offline Longislander

« Reply #40 on: September 11, 2008, 01:26:17 am »
Eric,

I'm glad Will is getting good care.  My prayers are with him and with you, and hope they find the cause quickly.  Get some rest.

Love,
Paul
infected 10/05 diagnosed 12-05
2/06   379/57000                    6/07 372/30500 25%   4/09 640/U/32% 
5/06   ?? /37000                     8/07 491/55000/24%    9/09 913/U/39%
8/06   349/9500 25%              11/07 515/68000/24     2/10 845/U/38%
9/06   507/16,000 30% !          2/08  516/116k/22%    7/10 906/80/39%
12/06 398/29000 26%             Start Atripla 3/08
3/07   402/80,000 29%            4/08  485/undet!/27
4/07   507/35,000 25%            7/08 625/UD/34%
                                                 11/08 684/U/36%

Offline joemutt

« Reply #41 on: September 11, 2008, 01:52:18 am »
Eric I hope he will recover soon and well. I send my thoughts
of strength and courage  to both of you.

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

• Cheech 2.2.94 - 4.23.10 We miss you so much!
« Reply #42 on: September 11, 2008, 04:39:17 am »
Hi Eric~

I am so glad that Will is getting some care.  I know its merely a view from a hospital room, but those mountains sound very soothing.  I agree, get some rest, you deserve to take care of yourself a little bit, too!  Please continue to let us know how you guys are doing.

~Cindy
HIV+ since '93, 1/12 - CD4 785 and undet.   WOO-HOO!!

Offline bocker3

• You gotta enjoy life......
« Reply #43 on: September 11, 2008, 07:32:36 am »
Eric --

So happy to hear that Will is getting the care he needs.  While I'm sure they can't give the loving attention that you do, at least you can rest a little easy now, knowing that someone is there around the clock for him.
In the meantime -- remember to take care of Eric!!  Will needs you to be healthy and strong.  So....  if you need it to sleep right now, keep doing the Ambien thing.  When you find yourself at home missing the hell out of Will -- suck in all the unconditional love that our pets can give to us.  And most importantly -- try very hard to not project what might happen next -- especially because I know your mind (which is much like mine, BTW) tends to go to darker places.  Think good thoughts. 
Keep us up to date, as time permits and if you find yourself heading down the darker thought path -- feel free to dump them on me in a PM, I'll happily file them away for you sweetie!!!

Sending good vibes, hugs and kisses  :-*,

Love ya,
Mike

Offline bear60

« Reply #44 on: September 11, 2008, 08:25:55 am »
Hi Eric
It's good that Will is being taken care of. 
Quote you: "I don't like leaving him there while I tend to the empty house and dog duties..   I hope they find what is causing this and in the end, that it is not to serious.... "

Look at it this way:  you are doing what you need to do to maintain your and Wills home life...and he is doing what he needs to do to get better: be in the hospital. Until some other scenario arises....this is as good as any.

Best to you both

Joel

Offline allopathicholistic

« Reply #45 on: September 11, 2008, 11:47:34 pm »
Gotta love it when health care professionals are nice like they should be ..

And tubes: Necessary but temporary sweety. He's in good hands

And you know what I'm going to say Stuffed animals rock  ;D

Offline Florida69

« Reply #46 on: September 12, 2008, 10:06:17 am »
hey sweets, I just wanted to make a post to say how grateful I am that Will is in good hands, and that they are addressing his health issues, makes me feel much better.  I know that it is diifficult seeing the one you love in this place, but you and I both know how strong you and Will are, and I have every confidence he will pull through.  I shared this with someone else recently, and I hope it lifts you up, my mom used to have in hanging in her house..

Please don't Quit!!
When things go wrong as they sometimes will,
When the road you're trudging seems all up hill,
When the funds are low, and the debts are high,
And you want to smile, but you have to sigh,
When care is pressing you down a bit,
Rest if you must, but don't you quit.

Life is queer with its twists and turns
As everyone of us sometimes learns,
And many a failure turns about,
When he might have won, had he stuck it out.
Don't give up though the pace seems slow,
You may succeed with another blow.

Success is failure turned inside out,
The silver tint of the clouds of doubt,
And you never can tell how close you are,
It may be near when it seems so far,
So stick to the fight when you're hardest hit,
It's when things seem worse,
that you must not quit.

All my love to both you and William...   Hang in there buddy, and I hope to hear more from you once William is up and around...   HUGS.... D

Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

Offline Life

• Member 2005
« Reply #47 on: September 12, 2008, 10:50:50 am »
Everyone thanks so much for your positive notes to us...

William has some very close relatives who have come from California who he trusts and can ask questions of.   They also have known him since he was little and can call him out on any bullshit or procrastination he might throw out.   I feel much better having his family here to help me.  I think Will is going to persue at this hospital complete care and not just treat the symptoms and then 3 weeks later continue diagnostics/treatment in Denver.   He is happy with his care and trusts these 4 doctors who have been with him the past 48 hours.   They continue to focus on his liver/kidey's.   They found the blood flow to and from the liver to be just fine.   His edema is way down (16 pounds), his color is much better.   I will be spending the evening with his family and see what their thoughts are...   I feel more at ease..

Eric 

Offline franfrog

« Reply #48 on: September 12, 2008, 10:54:45 am »
Eric
I am glad to see William is doing better.  I will keep you both in my thoughts. 

Much love to both of you!
Fran
7/05 diagnosis cd4- 52 vl -?
08/05 cd4-299 vl-1900
10/05 cd4-249 vl-349
12/05 cd4-349 vl-52
03/06 cd4-454 vl-<50
06/06 cd4-508 vl-<50

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #49 on: September 12, 2008, 02:36:52 pm »
Eric glad Will is getting some good news. Will wants to continue there? You best have a look around that hospital at those male nurses. You might see why he wants to stay. ;)

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.